World Cup Voting

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Robert

Re: World Cup Voting

Postby Robert » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:40 am

Simon I think the way you did things in 2011 was perfect. I really enjoyed that World Cup not least my 'King of the Midlands' 5th place performance.

Did I miss something, were people not happy with how things were done in 2011? Because it looked the model of organisation and fairness to me.
Jam King

Postby Jam King » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:42 am

You have missed something mate, I suggest u pm Steve he has the details, things were said quite along time after the event, bit of a kick in the teeth after all that time and effort tbh mate.
Simon K officially has the best defence in the world, not just the UK but the world !!! AGAIN!!!!!
Jam King

Postby Jam King » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:44 am

But thanks for your kind words on our World Cup pal.
Simon K officially has the best defence in the world, not just the UK but the world !!! AGAIN!!!!!
Robert

Postby Robert » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:46 am

I think I have missed something sorry. I was largely inactive in the forums for about three years starting a few months after that world cup. The forums haven't changed though :-)
Jam King

Postby Jam King » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:47 am

Rob, this was never about us being awkward or rigid, we were just not prepared to put all that time and effort in again, so we tried to please everyone at least half of the World Cup. That was all.
Jam King

Postby Jam King » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:49 am

Robert Swift wrote:I think I have missed something sorry. I was largely inactive in the forums for about three years starting a few months after that world cup. The forums haven't changed though :-)

Ur right they haven't changed, it's ok we have been off it for ages and that's when we found out about people not being 100% happy in 2011, so why do the same process.
Robert

Postby Robert » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:51 am

I know, the intentions were 100% positive, I don't doubt it for a minute.

It's regrettable that you have withdrawn the bid, however the debate on rules is a very useful one and maybe we will get some breakthrough on that at least.
Jam King

Postby Jam King » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:55 am

Thanks for that, we had to withdraw, it was getting out of hand tbh. Well maybe someone can actually write some proper concrete rules for future WCs. It just became too obvious that no matter ur best intentions this forum is a mine field and some people just won't be pleased.
Robert

Postby Robert » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:16 am

Jam King wrote:You have missed something mate, I suggest u pm Steve he has the details, things were said quite along time after the event, bit of a kick in the teeth after all that time and effort tbh mate.

Sent you and Steve a message on FB, since this has turned into a two way conversation.
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:05 am

Hi. I'm just popping in for a quick comment.
Sorry, I've been inactive for 2 days. We've been focusing on family this weekend, mainly celebrating my wife's birthday.

I'll work my way through this later, when I'm on a computer, rather than phone. What 'later' means I can't answer to now, as I'm working full time (no office job) and we're busy with Christmas etc at home. Add to that my health-issues, taking it's toll these days, it may be a few days.

Quickly I'd like to point Rob to Daghs post early on, linking to the vote in 2013. So, there's not 4/8 on votes, is 5/8. If that makes any sense.

And I agree on the sentiment that we should all back down, stop the bid-process, agree on how to move forward, then take it from there.

Peace, out.
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:33 am

I'd like you could spend a bit of time reading this:

http://www.ko-gathering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=265791#p265791

This can explain why there has been some disappointment after Birmingham 2011

To be said that after the 2012-2013-2014-2015 no one of the attendees objected about the rules used in the World Cup.
Well, I'll be one to object to 2015 but I will talk properly about it in a different thread.
Lee W

Postby Lee W » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:05 pm

Robert Swift wrote:
Lee W wrote:Retrospectively introducing rules, cancelling the vote, just seems like corruption...

Did you say this or not.

Lee W wrote:... no rules were broken/introduced/changed before the voting started. Retrospectively introducing rules, cancelling the vote, just seems like corruption... not saying it is by any means, just saying that's how it looks. Personally I can't see any other way than to carry on with it how it is, ...

When you quote someone, quote the full fkn message, not edit it like some seedy tabloid press!

Absolutely disgusting foul play Mr. Swift!

Just like what you'd expect from a failed politician! People like you make me sick to my core
Filthy Lobber-Lee Snow; the basterd son of Camber.
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Danny D » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:38 pm

Torchiador wrote:To be said that after the 2012-2013-2014-2015 no one of the attendees objected about the rules used in the World Cup.
Well, I'll be one to object to 2015 but I will talk properly about it in a different thread.

Please expand. thanks.
"We are now on the threshold of a newer movement, with a newer hope and a new inspiration."
James Larkin