Videos of official Kick Off 2 games

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

dnielsen

Re: Video vault of official KO2 matches

Postby dnielsen » Sun May 17, 2009 11:36 am

Hi Alkis,

The games from 2003 I was seeking were games from a tournament in Milan (not the Groningen WC), supposedly once made available on Franco's site. Take a look in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6799

where you mention having downloaded the following games from that tournament:

-Milan Round 1 Gianni T Vs Filippo D
-Milan Round 1 Mark M Vs Dino D
-Milan Quarter Final Nikos A Vs Gianni T
-Milan Quarter Final Gianni T Vs Nikos A
-Milan Semi Final Luigi F Vs Gianluca T
-Milan Final Gianluca T Vs Gianni T
-Milan Final Gianni T Vs Gianluca T

Also Steve C may still have a bunch of games from this tournament.

About the Dartford 2001 final, I personally can't play that .rm file on my computer. I am supposed to have the best "one media player to rule them all" (K-Lite Codec Pack + Media Player Classic), but I get some error message. Perhaps I have fucked up registries or something, even though I seem to remember that when I installed K-Lite, it attempted to clean up everything.

Anyway, I have uploaded just that Dartford game to Rapidshare and added the link to the original post.
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Sun May 17, 2009 10:19 pm

dnielsen wrote:Also Steve C may still have a bunch of games from this tournament.

I believe I downloaded them at work at my previous employer. Can't seem to find them in any archives now though I'm afraid.
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :) https://kickoff2.net
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Mon May 18, 2009 12:33 pm

This is proving one classy catalogue - an excellent contribution to the KOA. Nice work Dagh and others! 8)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Mon May 18, 2009 4:33 pm

Sorry I misunderstood Dagh. Here is the file with the games you wanted:

http://rapidshare.com/files/234445166/Milan.rar.html

I'm afraid they're .rm files as well. While you're at it, get rid of Gay-Lite, it will give you more problems that it will ever solve as there has never been and there will never be a magic all-purpose Codec pack; it's always a case of "download the Codec you need when you need it". Get RealPlayer to watch those RM files and VLC Player for pretty much everything else; you'll thank me later.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Mon May 18, 2009 10:36 pm

OMG, it is passed a Kick off age... B/W video :)
I feel something that it is hurting my stomach, just watching windy games...
dnielsen

Postby dnielsen » Tue May 19, 2009 3:55 pm

Thanks a lot, Alkis and Steve. With your latest additions, some level of completeness has been achieved: All recordings mentioned so far in this thread have been added to the collection (except the final of Luton 2009!).

All kinds of suggestions on how to improve the usability or accessibility of the collection (or other stuff like that) are more than welcome.
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Wed May 20, 2009 8:24 am

Dagh, Thanks for this great thread! and thanks also to the guys who helped to complete the video collection!
Having time, It's possible to see the progress of the KOA from 2001 to now days.
And WOW!, we have a Dino Dini official game recorded! It is a piece of history! btw, there is a small mistake: the Dino's opponent was Marco M ;)
dnielsen

Postby dnielsen » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:53 am

Added the final from the German Championship 2008 between Frank F and Oliver St. The game is a real slugfest, and while it ends in a great 9-5 victory for Oliver, it also bears clear witness of the talent that lead Frank to claiming the title one year later.
dnielsen

Postby dnielsen » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:32 pm

I made a major update, adding known recordings from 2009 and onwards.

Issues and work in progress:

1) GoogleVideo is closing down. Some games are currently only represented by links to GoogleVideo. I am working with Steve C to provide alternative links. Steve C basically has almost everything from UKCs and WCs offline, and I have most of the WCs also offline.

The goal is to:

a) Upload and Provide YouTube links.

b) Host and link to the games in a "original" high quality source (like AVI or wmv) on a reliable server.

So, ultimately, the goal is to ensure safety, redundancy and easy access.

2) The final from 2001 needs new hosting (and possibly upload to YouTube). [FIXED]

3) The games from Voitsberg 2009 are missing upload to YouTube and storing of original files on a reliable server. Currently they are unavailable for web surfers. [FIXED]

4) There could possibly be added more atmosphere videos. For one, I seem to remember some atmosphere video from WC 2006. I think these atmosphere videos are a great teaser for new people taking a peek. Please make a notice if you are aware of any such recordings.

5) There was a tournament in UK being broadcast live in late 2009 or in 2010. Were there any games recorded from that night?

6) If there are any other recordings I have missed, please make a notice.
Last edited by dnielsen on Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dnielsen

Postby dnielsen » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:39 pm

Among the added videos is a game between John and me from Lund II 2009 that has not previously been published.

It's a game full of nerves and hangovers and basic control mistakes. But apart from that, the level is also often quite high in terms of ball control, melee action, attacking ideas and executions, and strong defensive actions.

In short, quite an entertaining and nervewrecking game.

Freshmaker

Re: Videos of official Kick Off 2 games

Postby Freshmaker » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:55 pm

Wow. Impressive work being done guys. Kudos!!!
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Re: Videos of official Kick Off 2 games

Postby gdh82 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:29 pm

What Jorn said.

A huge thanks to Dagh and co for such an heroic undertaking. 8)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
hogstrom
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby hogstrom » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:55 pm

- Thanks for the updates, Dagh! I went thrue a few of these games at youtube this evening, including the two final matches from Dusseldorf (unfortunately missed them live when tried to recover from my by far worst hangover during 2010) Fantastic show!

dnielsen wrote:4) There could possibly be added more atmosphere videos. For one, I seem to remember some atmosphere video from WC 2006. I think these atmosphere videos are a great teaser for new people taking a peek. Please make a notice if you are aware of any such recordings.

I fully agree. We should all have in mind that this is not only the main ko2-competition event, but also the yearly nr:1 social gathering in the KOA. Just ask Peter, who suffered so badly from hangover after a happy evening out on Friday :lol: it was quite amusing seing him showing up several hours late.

Maybe glimps from earlier wcup Friday evenings could be found?
By car, Kickoff2-record traveller! Ostersund/Dusseldorf +3,750 km during +55 hours
Wcups: 2005 (29:th), 2006 (15:th), 2007 (6:th), 2008 (6:th), --, 2010 (12:th), --, --, --, 2014 (5:th), 2015 (12:th)...