Getting the online players to meet each other

Talk about on-line Kick Off

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Cornelius
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Getting the online players to meet each other

Postby Cornelius » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:13 pm

How do we meet people for some games of online KickOff ?

That's the question I would like to discuss in this topic.

Thanks to Steve's friendly help, I'm now able to play KickOff online (which is great fun), but the problem is meeting people.
I now, that I'm not the only one who likes to play KickOff online, but as long as we don't agree on how we meet, or better on when we meet, it will only happen per chance.

So my proposal is, that we have a fixed time of day, when everybody who has time and eagerness to play some online games, will come online and waits for the next 10 minutes if somebody will join.
That way we don't have to rely on luck so much in order to meet somebody.

Since we all have our different non-KickOff-lifes to live, it is probably illusional to find a day or a special time, when everybody who wants to play, is able to come online.
But if we can agree on a fixed time of the day, everyone will now, that during this time there are high chances to find an opponent for some games.

So now it's up to you, to write what time of the day is best for you, hoping that we may find a time, which suits most of us.

For me 9:30 pm (CET, or 8:30 pm GMT) would be fine and I will be online at this time on as many days as is possible to me. (Gonna be online tonight as well.) But if we agree on some other time, that suits more players, I will try to arrange with it.

How about the times, that are best for you ? Go ahead and write them here, so that we can create a more lively Kool-comunity !

Hope to see you online soon. :)
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Re: Getting the online players to meet each other

Postby Steve Camber » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:52 pm

Late evening is traditionally the 'busy' period, 9pm to midnight.
Ideally people shouldn't disappear if they log in to find an empty lobby. Having someone constantly there on duty acting as a seed to encourage the development of a group of players is very effective. Lee has served this role very well in the past.
A standard method of broadcasting your immediate availability via Facebook, WhatsApp etc would be useful. Maybe an opt-in system would be good here to avoid spamming people. Not sure what would be best, I'm open to ideas!
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :) https://kickoff2.net
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:34 pm

What's App has indeed been used with some success.
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
thor

Postby thor » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:16 am

I wish I could play online :(
Fred/Typical