The sunday online tournament thread

Talk about on-line Kick Off

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Rayge
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Re: The sunday online tournament thread

Postby Rayge » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:40 pm

Tuborg XI, held on Nov, 24th-25th after midnight, with Logos, dnielsen and myself.

Note how bad was the idea to tell Dagh that my attack was better than his, before the last match

There's a chance to do another one this evening... not as late as this one.
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:06 pm

Rayge wrote:Note how bad was the idea to tell Dagh that my attack was better than his, before the last match

2-7 is not a bad result against Dagh - just ask Alkis! ;)

Cheers for sharing the results - good to see you guys in action. 8)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Rayge
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Rayge » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:18 pm

Online, it's a bit different... he "tries out stuff" on us ! :D
Rayge
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Rayge » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:09 pm

TDM Tourney, 1st edition, held on Sunday, January, 4th.

We were proud to welcome a newcomer, who already shows interesting skills. He was my kick off teacher when we were 16 ! He got battered, but he has to learn :D
Welcome to our tournaments, Matula !

Also, Logos has greatly improved recently, with a game inspired by Dagh, very efficient and swift, so I was a bit scared not to win this one while the usual online champion ( Dagh ) was away.

The games were great ! We had an excellent winner, who gets what he deserves after months of work and courage.

I can only tell that my last match with logos was epic. Full tense on both sides, heaps of goals and failed shots. Is it what it's like to be a pro ^^ ?
dnielsen

Postby dnielsen » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:37 pm

Holy fuck, Logos, you been training in the mountains again? :lol: Well done, everybody.
Logos

Postby Logos » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:58 pm

dnielsen wrote:Holy fuck, Logos, you been training in the mountains again? :lol: Well done, everybody.

:lol: Yes! I've learnt a great deal from playing Rayge and yourself online!

Thank you for the kind words Rayge and for the countless excellent games we have had online. The thrashings from yourself and Dagh can only make for a better player!

Also, the outcome could have gone either way, so I'll be just as nervous in our next tournament!

Until the next one!
Rayge
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Rayge » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:44 pm

Yesterday was a great day :D

Around 11.30 pm, logos and I were chatting calmly in the kick off chatroom, as we always do before playing a few matches :P
We were pleased to see Stainy visiting us, so we had a little chat with him as well. We weren't really expecting more visitors.

Then comes a person who had never visited us before, called mmike. Big pleasure to have a new challenger, we play a few games with him to see if everything works fine... good player.
At 1.30 am, Matula comes to the room at his turn. We were forced to make a tournament :D

It surely affected our sleep, but we had good fun, and played good games. Good enough to post the results here !

I just would like to say congratulations to all particpants, all managed to win, all had fun, we all got along very well, especially when we were too tired to play more :D

I hope Matula and Mmike will register on the koa forums to give us their impressions about online tournaments ^^

Too tired to write more lol, one last thing, next Sunday evening: online tournament. Come and say hello in the chatroom if you are interested (or not !).

Good night ! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Stainy
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Stainy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:40 pm

Damn guys! you had a tornament after I left?? well it was late.. and I had been going since 5:15am... I couldn`t of made it.. plus my connection was a load of rusty bolts! :(

Maybe next time
Logos

Postby Logos » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:42 pm

What a tournament!

Congratulations to everyone and especially Rayge who keeps improving and provides a great challenge for us all with his dynamic style. Well done to Matula, (who beat me well), and Mmike who also show great potential and will surely be just as dangerous in time.

The fact that all the games were closer than the scoreline suggests made for matches of great intensity and fun, which I think we all relish. :)

Until the next one!
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:31 pm

Congrats to Rayge! :no1: This sounded a great tournament for everyone and its always good to see someone new join in - welcome Mmike!

Logos wrote:The fact that all the games were closer than the scoreline suggests made for matches of great intensity and fun, which I think we all relish. :)

I agree with this 100% - a brilliant description of what KO2 and KOA tourneys are all about. 8)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

mmike
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!
Location: building near marakana - stadium of red star, belgrade, serbia

Postby mmike » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:48 am

hello guys!

my name is miljan, and i am from belgrade, serbia.

first of all, i wish to apologize for my poor performance, but i've started to play again only few moths ago, and this was my first kick off tournament in last 10 years! those games showed me that i need to practice a lot if i want to play as half as good as i used to play in the old days ('90 to '99). i feel lucky because i have someone to play with, and the good thing is that those guys are playing this game better then i am playing now - it's going to be easier to improve my skills.

i'm glad i've found you guys!
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:43 pm

Hi Miljan

Welcome to the forum. Do stick around and I'm sure those skills will be back to the 90's standard - or even higher! 8)

The KOA stretches far and wide and I'm sure there was a guy from Croatia posting not so long ago! The great game touches us all.

Seeya around
Gaz

mmike
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!
Location: building near marakana - stadium of red star, belgrade, serbia

Postby mmike » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:17 pm

don't worry gaz,

i'm, here and i want to play ;)