Special Events data disk ?

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Pietro
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Special Events data disk ?

Postby Pietro » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:20 pm

Hi,
just a question for the experts about KO2 special events feature.

In the past I played most of the time KO2 extended version, the version cracked by Genesis, v1.53, which requires 1Mb RAM and supports some extra features (extra sound effects, referee, linesmen and overhead kicks). Anyway, this version, for reasons I don't know, does not support the World Cup feature which, instead, is supported by classic KO2 version (cracked by Oracle, v1.4).

In KO2 extended, when I select Special Events feature in the main menu, I get a screen with a message:
"Insert Special Events in Drive A"
so it seems a Special Events data disk is required...is it possible to load the World Cup data in KO2 extended ? does it exist a Special Events disk with World Cup data that can be used ?

thanks,
Pietro
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Re: Special Events data disk ?

Postby Steve Camber » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:34 pm

I don't believe the world cup can be loaded that way. It's only on the oracle crack disk and the 1.4 disk.
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :) https://kickoff2.net
Pietro
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Re: Special Events data disk ?

Postby Pietro » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:37 am

oh, thanks for the infos.
I found the World Cup feature in 2 different KO2 version (Oracle-cracked version and on kickoff2_wc90.adf) but I totally ignore how different these versions are, they seem very similar.

just another question...on PlanetEmu.net website (https://www.planetemu.net/roms/commodor ... adf?page=K) I found some KO2-related .adf:

Kick Off 2 - Expansion Disk (19xx)(Anco)[h CSL][data disk].adf
Kick Off 2 - Giants of Europe (1990)(Anco)[cr Nemesis][data disk].adf
Kick Off 2 - Winning Tactics (1990)(Anco)[cr CSL][data disk].adf

I tried but I was not able to open these data disks in KO2...does anyone know how to use them ? thanks.