Description of the extra tactics (BALANCED, BLITZ, FALCON, LOCKOUT)

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Derizat
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Description of the extra tactics (BALANCED, BLITZ, FALCON, LOCKOUT)

Postby Derizat » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:56 am

Hi Guys

I have just installed Kick Off 2 for my PC (thank you for the great guides on this forum) and have discovered that there exists new tactics in this version compared to my old Amiga Kick Off 2.

I have searched the web and the forum to get an overview of these tactics but havent had any luck so far.

Is there anyone who is aware of a post or webpage that describes these extra tactics ?

Best Regards
Lee W

Re: Description of the extra tactics (BALANCED, BLITZ, FALCON, LOCKOUT)

Postby Lee W » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:45 pm

just avoid them all... especially lockout!! :D

seriously though, I don't know if there's much info on these tactics out there...

Blitz is pretty much all out attack leaving you just one defender... very, very risky.

Balanced is a variation of 424 with a bit more width on the wingers and fullbacks, that's about all I know about balanced really, I've not used it a great deal although it' not horrible.

Falcon is another variation of 424 but with very high wingers so if you like kicking a long diagonal ball out to wingers it's worth a try. Can leave you defensively lacking though due to number 6 being a bit higher up the pitch, but it does push out 2 & 3 quite wide so can be good for countering wide play. It also switches 9 & 10's positions so 10 is the furthest forward. I used to play this one quite a bit, it's not horrible as long as you really make use of the new positions.

Lockout (aka the peoples lockout, cockout, oh ffs not lockout)... it is the ultra defensive tactic, often used in tournaments, people will tend to switch to this when not in possession then switch back to their preferred tactic when they have the ball. The main advantage is that the number 5 is sat so far back he's often found smoking with the goalie while the other 9 defenders do the job :D It's quite hard to get a meaningful attack going with it but it certainly is possible especially if you start moves off with 7 or 11 as they tend to sit a bit higher up. All in all it's a very useful tactic that people either love or hate!

Apart from blitz, they all have a valid reason for being there in my opinion, I would avoid blitz like the plague though, counter attacks against it are like playing tetris with only square bricks.

hope this helps a bit
Filthy Lobber-Lee Snow; the basterd son of Camber.
Derizat
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Derizat » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:33 am

Thank you very much Lee, much appreciated. It is much easier to evaluate each tactic when you at least have some idea of what going on :-)

Best Regards
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:34 am

Lee W wrote:... are like playing tetris with only square bricks.

Haha, that was very accurate!