How to get a Goal named after you!

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

thor

Re: How to get a Goal named after you!

Postby thor » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:44 am

If you use plastic pitch then you can get a good bounce over the keeper. If you have wind too, you can score with the GK.
Fred/Typical
r.cross

Postby r.cross » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:47 am

Steve Camber wrote:I think this is the complete list. Maybe there should be a prize for getting all of them in one match?
CORNER HEADER
CORNER TRAPMOVE
CORNER VOLLEY
CROSS HEADER
CROSS VOLLEY

I've never read any of the above. Seem to be named 'HEADER', 'TRAPMOVE' or just 'GOAL' in my games. Thought I've seen them all...

Steve Camber wrote:Alkis goal is a horizontal lob from outside the pen box. Hard to do, unless you are Alkis!

But isn't the 'true' Alkis goal a flat narrow angle shot from outside the box? I sometime score the above by trying to cross the ball for a header.

durban wrote::)
I need to come up with something original, has anyone EVER scored from their own half?

I did!

Steve Camber wrote:Without wind it needs some epic fluke I think.

It was...
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:11 pm

r.cross wrote:
Steve Camber wrote:I think this is the complete list. Maybe there should be a prize for getting all of them in one match?
CORNER HEADER
CORNER TRAPMOVE
CORNER VOLLEY
CROSS HEADER
CROSS VOLLEY

I've never read any of the above. Seem to be named 'HEADER', 'TRAPMOVE' or just 'GOAL' in my games. Thought I've seen them all...

I've done corner Trapmove a couple times
r.cross wrote:
durban wrote::)
I need to come up with something original, has anyone EVER scored from their own half?

I did!

Steve Camber wrote:Without wind it needs some epic fluke I think.

It was...

:lolo: did this in one match in Dublin. Lob from own half, ball bounced, Fisher was on funny mushrooms, ball did second bounce on goal-line, then in...
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:49 pm

r.cross wrote:
Steve Camber wrote:Alkis goal is a horizontal lob from outside the pen box. Hard to do, unless you are Alkis!

But isn't the 'true' Alkis goal a flat narrow angle shot from outside the box?

I am said Alkis and I have to agree... The signature goal I actually like to score can be described as a Jawohl goal from just outside the box, I discovered it in 2005 (you can see me scoring a couple in the 3rd place final video against Klaus). But I am honored to have a goal named after me, so I just take it and like it. :)
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Noodlebug

Postby Noodlebug » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:49 pm

a) I'm sure I scored something (only once!) described as a CAMBER GOAL, which was like a short-range lob from around the edge of the box. Did I imagine that?

b) I'm using an old CV from the interweb so it shouldn't make any difference to me, but has the official CV goal-type list been updated in the 3 years since this thread was active?

c) Another recent unique event that this time was just described as bog standard GOAL was a direct, vertical chip (no wind). Is it worth adding "CHIP GOAL" or are these so improbable they almost never happen.

d) If I have a signature goal, it's the diagonal chip + header, no-one I've played seems to use it much and I try it all the time even though (in competition anyway) I get very little success. See my first goal against Robert on Day 1 of Landskrona - around 41 minutes in - for a rare example of it coming off. https://www.facebook.com/Kickoff2WorldC ... 506760283/

e) I think I've scored all the goals on the list including ALKIS and CAMBER goals (I've been practicing!) except CROSS HEADER and CROSS VOLLEY, even though I score a lot of goals (against the PC) from crosses. They usually get recorded as just HEADER GOAL if it's with the head, and TRAPMOVE or 45 DEGREE ANGLE if it's on the ground. I did once get a CORNER VOLLEY but it seemed no different to other similar goals described as TRAPMOVE. How hard is it to do true volleys?
-----------------------------
Newbie for 12 years
Silver Cup runner up 2017
Bronze Cup and Best Defence runner up 2018
thor

Postby thor » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:58 pm

Noodlebug wrote:a) I'm sure I scored something (only once!) described as a CAMBER GOAL, which was like a short-range lob from around the edge of the box. Did I imagine that?

That's right. Diagonal lobs are staple goals for many players, including Camber, Nikos and Fabio. There are two types. Either you can shoot with aftertouch, or by dribbling to build some elevation on the ball and then shoot with no aftertouch.

Noodlebug wrote:c) Another recent unique event that this time was just described as bog standard GOAL was a direct, vertical chip (no wind). Is it worth adding "CHIP GOAL" or are these so improbable they almost never happen.

Based on experience, I find these to be improbable without wind, but I would say improbable and difficult goals should be even more worthy of their own title. It's like earning a reward when you score them.

Noodlebug wrote:d) If I have a signature goal, it's the diagonal chip + header, no-one I've played seems to use it much and I try it all the time even though (in competition anyway) I get very little success. See my first goal against Robert on Day 1 of Landskrona - around 41 minutes in - for a rare example of it coming off. https://www.facebook.com/Kickoff2WorldC ... 506760283/

From memory, Oliver and Frank F. also score a lot of these. I'm sure others, too.

Noodlebug wrote:e) I think I've scored all the goals on the list including ALKIS and CAMBER goals (I've been practicing!) except CROSS HEADER and CROSS VOLLEY, even though I score a lot of goals (against the PC) from crosses. They usually get recorded as just HEADER GOAL if it's with the head, and TRAPMOVE or 45 DEGREE ANGLE if it's on the ground. I did once get a CORNER VOLLEY but it seemed no different to other similar goals described as TRAPMOVE. How hard is it to do true volleys?

I have never scored a cross header or cross volley, and like you I score from crosses all the time. Maybe Camber could share the detection logic and order of precedence that would trigger these?
Fred/Typical