New fixture software 9th October, see first post.

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

New fixture software 9th October, see first post.

Postby Bounty Bob » Fri May 16, 2008 5:38 pm

Get it here: Fixture Software

New stuff:
Saving 'results only' now puts them into a nice forum friendly layout. Comma seperated was used previously to make Alkis's life easier but he is happy with this new layout, so here it is. Just copy everything from the saved text file and paste it into your results post.

Layout example:

Code: Select all

Mark B  5 - 1  Haydn H
         Wayne L  3 - 1  Darren G
         Wayne L  7 - 0  Mark B
        Darren G  2 - 3  Haydn H
          Mark B  2 - 1  Darren G
         Haydn H  3 - 8  Wayne L
Last edited by Bounty Bob on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Re: New version of fixture software available

Postby gdh82 » Fri May 16, 2008 5:52 pm

Fantastic work, Mark! 8)

That auto-save facility was a major stress reliever at the recent UKCs :) Thanks again!
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Fri May 16, 2008 6:17 pm

Great job Mark. I did a test league and the autosave function seems to run very smoothly.

I don't know easy it is, but it would be great if you could program the save BMP function so that the table is saved at no more of 640 pixels of width, so that people can post it as it is. Because the current file is 930 pixels wide and it gets cut off in the forum.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Fri May 16, 2008 6:49 pm

It shouldn't be too difficult. Could always use the compact view for posting on the forum in the meantime though.
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Fri May 16, 2008 7:53 pm

Fantastic work Mark!! That Auto Save facility is a god send. This should be the fixture software of choice for all tournament organisers!!

Saving as a bmp is very cool and a nice suprise inclusion! Feel like hosting a tourney now to use this :)

(We'l have to review this for The Aftertouch ;) )
World Cup 2009 - 8th Place
World Cup 2008 - 19th Place
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Sat May 17, 2008 1:41 pm

Thanks for you precious work, Mark! It is really appreciated! Now you are the official partner of every league in the KOA.
Now I wonder If you want to became the official partner of Play Off tournament too!
As you probably know I used for ages our Fantacalcio Manager to manage our tournaments, I used it also to manage the Milan World Cup 2004. that program is really powerful and flexible but we need hours to fix tables and it is absolutely not handful.
Your program is SUPER handful, easy to use, perfect for tournaments.
Let me suggest you some improvement like "manage groups in a tournaments" and at the side, manage the access to new group, like:
1st of group A goes in group C
2nd group A goes in group D
1st of group B goes in group D
2nd of group B goes in group C

You gave me an inch and I'll ask a mile... :)
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Sat May 17, 2008 2:28 pm

Don't worry Gianni, this sort of thing is on the list along with handling cup/knockout tournaments. :D
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Sun May 18, 2008 9:18 pm

Probably a huge long shot here but in terms of possibilites... how doable/complicated would it be Mark to have a CLANS version/option so that as well as the usual table, it could also aggregate the points etc from all the players from each side to see which clan was on top?
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Mon May 19, 2008 7:55 am

Garry, I won't lie. Anything is possible but I can safely predict that this one won't be making the short list any time soon. :)
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Mon May 19, 2008 8:06 am

Bounty Bob wrote:Garry, I won't lie. Anything is possible but I can safely predict that this one won't be making the short list any time soon. :)

Honesty is the best policy! Even if 'this one won't be making the short list any time soon' really means 'sometime never' ! :) :lol:

Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Mon May 19, 2008 9:11 am

I deliberately avoided saying never but it's more likely something to be tested by our grandchildren rather than our children. :D
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Mon May 19, 2008 11:06 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rayge
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Rayge » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:27 am

A late big thanks for this excellent program. As you could see, it has been useful to our fellow online players to display our results in the forum. It's very handy and efficient, I like this sort of stuff :)

If I'm allowed to add a little suggestion, I personnally think the match results generated in the text file are a bit difficult to read when posted on the forums. I like to read all tournament results, to see what matches were difficult, or who did the biggest score, who made the number 2 lose the first place ;) ... I just have the feeling it's not as easy to read as it could be, when there is a big pack of 20 matches posted.

Here's a sample taken from Newent VII:
Mark W,5,James B,2,
Robert S,4,Steve E,4,
Robert S,9,Mark W,3,
Steve E,5,James B,6,
Mark W,1,Steve E,6,

It's a bit difficult on first sight to know who won or if it was a draw, as you have to look for the scores among all these characters and compare them.
Maybe it's just me, or other people also agree it's a bit hard to read.

So my suggestion is: what about the possibility to make a .txt file with preformatted text, so that when you copy the results in the forums, it's a bit more clear.
I wouldn't believe using one colour per player would make it better, but the winner in bold, and score at the end would look cool.
Example:
Mark W - James B : 5 - 2
Robert S - Steve E : 4 - 4
Steve E - James B : 5 - 6

or

Mark W - James B : 5 - 2
Robert S - Steve E : 4 - 4
James B - Steve E : 6 - 5

I think you get the point :)

Now, if i suggest that, I have a solution to offer.
As I have recently spent hours and aspirin boxes making my own program of this kind for the IRC chat, my brain is formatted right now to make any script that would handle the way match results are displayed, and I can easily make a script that would do the suggested modification. It would just read the file generated by your program and generate a new text file with winners in bold and the score display you would want. This one would just need to be pasted here and it would be done.
The only problem with that is I'm a noob programmer :P I don't even know the name of the language I use, and it would only work with mIRC open ( how fun it is to open a chat program and connect to a server just to generate text files ? ). I just tell you I could make this modifcation myself or give you the tools to do it, in the case it can't or won't be implemented in your program. If you want it, just ask for it :)

If my explanation isn't clear, don't hesitate to tell me, I'm so used to post here late at night and when it's late my English turns bad :)