Hello from Eire

Welcome for Newcomers, enter here for information and a warm drink before you begin.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Dundon's W.G.P
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Hello from Eire

Postby Dundon's W.G.P » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:37 pm

Hey dudes, I came across this forum a few years ago and promised myself at the time that one day I would compete in a KO2 world cup. Tomorrow my adapter arrives and the road to the top begins. :twisted:

The only thing that worries me is that back in the day we played exclusively on the soggy pitch because the bounce wasn't as insane and the after touch felt much better, the regular pitch and plastic pitch felt a bit ropey to me. Is there a standard set of rule settings I should know about before I dive back in?

Looking forward to some online friendlies in the coming months. :wink:
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Re: Hello from Eire

Postby Steve Camber » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:06 pm

Normal pitch is used almost completely, although as with many features they can be changed if both players agree, but we generally stick with the defaults.
I used to always choose the soggy pitch in the 90s, but had no problem adapting to normal so don't be too concerned about that.
Get yourself online asap, it's a great way to quickly improve your skills :)
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :) https://kickoff2.net
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Danny D » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:50 pm

I'm down the road or up the road from you depending on where you are :)

Coincidently I played exclusively on soggy pitches also along with light wind. To add insult to injury I played at 50% speed so I go a rude awakening when I went to my first World Cup but fear not, you will quickly adjust.
"We are now on the threshold of a newer movement, with a newer hope and a new inspiration."
James Larkin
Dundon's W.G.P
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Dundon's W.G.P » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:38 pm

I'm down in Limerick Danny boy, soggy pitch for life. :twisted:

I think I'll ease back into it and play a full league against the bots, see how I hold up, I remember scoring over 100 goals in the 14 games when I was in me prime, 2x3 mins aside aswell if I'm not mistaken, it's been a long time since I even thought about all this stuff.

Is Hunt and Edwards still banging them in up front for Sweden? 8)
Dundon's W.G.P
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Dundon's W.G.P » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:36 am

Adapter came, played 2 games V the bots, lost first game 1-0 but but won the 2nd game 2-0, one a 25 yard bicycle kick, I feel the joystick I got needs to be properly broke in before I can start swinging the ball around the pitch.

With that said It's gonna take me a good while to get back at any kind of level where I could play you lads.
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:25 am

Welcome to the KOA! I see that you enjoy Kick Off 2 and Monkey Island 2 - I like you already.

This page from the last World Cup should give you an idea of our standard rules.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Dundon's W.G.P
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Dundon's W.G.P » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:18 pm

Cheers brother I'll have a look at them now, my only concern is the normal pitch, never bothered with it when we played, always went soggy so there was less bounce and chance of the ball running off the pitch. :|
Eternal-student
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Eternal-student » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:07 am

Great Dundon, see you online or in Nottingham in Nov!! Just to mention, both the Online version and the Steve Camber awesomely-improved Competition Version have a walled pitch option! Say "No" to throw ins! (and corners).
Eternal-student = Steve B