Goal Scoring Tutorial (video)

Welcome for Newcomers, enter here for information and a warm drink before you begin.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

dnielsen

Goal Scoring Tutorial (video)

Postby dnielsen » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:45 pm

I have put together a little goal scoring tutorial. It demonstrates some of the most common (solo) goal scoring themes.

Part 1 - Curled shots - goal 1-9
Part 2 - Lobs - goal 10-13
Part 3 - Moving for a clear shot - goal 14-32
Part 3.2 - Stop'n'goal - goal 33-35
Part 4 - Timed shots - goal 36-39
Part 5 - Chips with headers - goal 40-42
Part 6 - Other goals - goal 43-46

I would be happy to see the video as a KOA project. It would be easy for me to make revisions and incorporate suggestions, so please don't hesitate to provide any good or bad criticism.

A couple of caveats for the curious student:

1) When attacking down, the keeper behavior is slightly different.
2) The video is with PBD finishing. The themes to beat Fisher are much the same when using NOPBD, but there are some differences in the viability of various techniques.

Enjoy!
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Re: Goal Scoring Tutorial (video)

Postby gdh82 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:19 am

Fantastic video and an excellent contribution for fans of KO2 everywhere! 8) 8) 8) Quality presentation, video, music (great choices) and thoughtful text. Absolutely Brilliant! :)

Apart from the chip and headers, I'd say I'm familiar with most goals included, even though I don't score nearly enough of any of them! It's great you're willing to see this as a project and will come back with more thoughts but just enjoying the show for now! :D

Btw if I was Fisher I'd be feeling suicidal right now so might want to consider a future video showing some of his better moments!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Rayge
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Rayge » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:22 pm

:bow:
Just clear and nicely sorted !! Very efficient !! ...it seems like I'm going to relearn my basic goals... ahah

I like the little bounce detail, as I try heaps of diagonal shots, maybe it will improve my ratio.

Cheers Dagh !

:bow:
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:31 pm

That was amazing, Dagh. I believe that more than 90% of the KOAers could benefit from it (I'm one of them), although I'm not sure how many will bother to watch it as most of us think we know everything already. It must have taken you an eternity to make and this is probably your biggest contribution to the KOA so far (which was not inconsiderable even before this tutorial). Thank you!
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Logos

Postby Logos » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:49 pm

A tutorial masterclass.

This is what I've been wanting to see ever since joining the KOA. This video has the potential of becoming a KO2 bible and will benefit all players as Alkis said.

Thank you Dagh for your generosity in spreading your knowledge and wisdom.
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:53 pm

Beautiful combination of goals and Prokofiev :)
You are a star!

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO.
kofoed
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby kofoed » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:02 pm

amazing video. what alkis and logos said basically :bow: :gban:
Played 8 World Cups
2001:10th(out of 30), 2002:19th(26), 2006:21st(50), 2008:25th(41), 2009:10th(34), 2010: 11th(46), 2014: 11th(26) 2015 8th(38).
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:57 pm

:eeko: BWAAAAAA!!! that's great!!!! amazing!!! fantastic mix with audio!!!
Thank you very much!
dnielsen

Postby dnielsen » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:21 pm

It really wasn't that much work to make the video, but I am glad that you liked it. Thanks for the nice comments!
dnielsen

Postby dnielsen » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:21 pm

I didn't want to be too pedantic when I split the goals up into different themes. One reason is that there are some goals who are on the edge between two themes, so that the finish kinda succeeds for more than one reason when one wants to explain the goal.

One example is the stop'n'goal #34. I just wanted to do a diagonal one from the right, but the goal ended up being a goal that touches on the theme of being on a sweet diagonal relative to the keeper (compare to goal #44).

Another goal in particular lends itself to being classified in several ways: The classic diagonal run from the left to the near post. I just put it into the large group of "moving clear of the keeper", since that is one way to think of the goal. There are some dribbling paths that give us a clear shot past the keeper, and as shown in goal #27, the diagonal goal can often come from an "inside run".

But, I was thinking the other day, this diagonal run shown in goal #26 and #27 can also be classified along with goal #43 and #44. It is a run towards the keeper, but slightly to the left of him. So the keeper runs straight ahead towards you, but you are to the left of his path, so there is a resulting gap giving us a clear shot. We can conclude that this theme works from all three directions, diagonally from the left, vertically, and diagonally from the right.

After this observation, we can use the theme as an example of how the keeper tends to want to close in on the ball from the right, so that we have more room to cheat him on the left.
dnielsen

Postby dnielsen » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:31 am

Ronaldo has been studying the tutorial! :P

Asked for a comment after the game, Ronaldo said that "I knew I just had to look out for the keeper and try to kick the ball low when it hit the ground. I owe it to the KOA for sharing this trick with me, and the goal was really a piece of cake after practicing goal #35 and #37 a few times last week. That tutorial is really a goldmine of nifty tricks, and I feel I can take my game to a whole new level now. I am Christiano Ronaldo, ffs!"
goonergaz
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby goonergaz » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:15 pm

Great video - love it...have gleaned some ideas for scoring (or giving me a better chance) - but I have one Q...are any of these considered routines? Like the half-way lob goal - surely these are sweet-spots that using is almost 'cheating'?

When you guys play (either in general or when setting 'high scores') where do you 'draw the line' - if at all?
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:22 pm

I usually go by the phrase "All goals are my children".
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November