Other ports?

This forum is dedicated to the new football game Active Soccer (and Throw In) by TheFoxSoft.

Moderators: TheFoxSoft, Moderators, TheFoxSoft, Moderators

What do you think about an Amiga porting?

YES!!! Amiga rocks and joysticks are good.You must do it!
33%
Yes but before you must be focused on PC version gameplay.
33%
NO, it is only a waste of time.
33%

Total votes: 3
TheFoxSoft

Other ports?

Postby TheFoxSoft » Wed May 19, 2004 10:09 pm

According to you should i port Throw In to another system?
I mean Throw In is already dead before borning on a PC but for example what about a Gameboy Advance?
Let me know if there is a particular system you would like to play.

But the main question is about porting on a classic Amiga.Yes i'm serious, i'm talking about the good old Amiga.Maybe it will be the first Amiga game after many years of inactivity...

Let me know...
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Wed May 19, 2004 10:14 pm

My opinion

-PSP conversion will be good!It show excellent performances, i could program a perfect conversion.The analogic stick could be perfect for the gameplay.Gameboyadvance,N-Gage and other console are too slow i should program a limited conversion...

-About Amiga:I vote for the 2nd option.I prefer to spend my strenght to the gameplay and only then i could see if i want to make a conversion.But i could have no strenght then....
Abyss

Re: Other ports?

Postby Abyss » Thu May 20, 2004 6:12 am

TheFoxSoft wrote:I mean Throw In is already dead before borning on a PC

What do you mean by that Gianluca?

Also, how possible is porting going to be? From what I can tell, Throw-in is programmed in a PC-specific language.
manicx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby manicx » Thu May 20, 2004 6:56 am

Yes for Amiga classic. I am not sure if the Amiga can cope with the 3D engine, so you may have to consider an alternative game engine. It will be great to have this converted for MorphOS and AmigaOS 4 since they are PPC based and have plenty of power to play with...

As for the PSP, I would recommend to focus on the Nintendo DS. I love the nintendo and it will be cheap as opposed to the PSP that will be an luxury item. The DS will also play GBA games too. You can also develop the game to run on the top screen and on the bottom (touch) screen you can have some management functions like tactics change, subs and so on...
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Thu May 20, 2004 10:43 am

Of course Amiga version should have 2D graphics.I can easily grab the players.The gameplay will be not affected, Throw In is programmed in a "2D way".
About Nintendo DS there is only a D-pad (if i remember) and without a stick i should reprogram the game controlling.The game feeling will be different.
On PSP the analogic stick will be good for Throw In.
I played Goal! megadrive version on my PS2 with Gens emulator.The analogic stick worked really good!I didn't expect it.
But of course i don't have enough money for both consoles, i will wait the emulators... :D
TheFoxSoft

Re: Other ports?

Postby TheFoxSoft » Thu May 20, 2004 10:58 am

Abyss wrote:
TheFoxSoft wrote:I mean Throw In is already dead before borning on a PC

What do you mean by that Gianluca?

Also, how possible is porting going to be? From what I can tell, Throw-in is programmed in a PC-specific language.

I mean suppose i will finish Throw In.I don't know how good will be because in this moment i have several problems with keepers.
But suppose that Throw In will be completed in the way i want.
The 99,99% of PC users will spit to this kind of game.Throw In will be fun only for about 50 KOA members (optimistic prevision).
i like the game and i don't care about the market, so i don't have any problems...but we know that at this stage Throw In is already more playable than Fifa but Fifa sells and TI will sell zero copies.
:roll:

About the porting i could program even in assembler 68000 :D
I could translate each instruction to a specific language,no problem.
I used that PC language only because i need to optimize my spare time.
The game doesn't require a heavy graphics, i think the game graphics does its job, doesn't? :)