An apology

Kick Off Association talk + website Updates, like or dislike

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Lee W

An apology

Postby Lee W » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:35 pm

There's a been a lot crack off in the last month, some people said some stuff, some others said some other stuff etc etc. I think it's fair to say things have got completely out of hand.

For my part in it, which was, at least i think, me not being very diplomatic at all with my choice of words and phrases... and for getting personal with a couple of people, the latter being bang out of order to be honest. Sadly, I have a very, very short temper and tend to lash out when I feel like i'm being attacked... not defending my actions by saying that, I'm just explaining them.

A lot of what I have said has been misinterpreted and twisted unfortunately, but let me make it clear, I don't consider anyone to be a cheat, the game is what it is and people will score what they can... yes, i consider it an exploit, but that's not to say i'm meaning to insult anyone for using it to their advantage, my standpoint was just that I backed the proposal to see it removed.

Anyway, the reason for this post was to hopefully try to build some bridges... especially with those who I met in Dublin who i thought were great guys and would genuinely like to meet again and have fun playing kick off with again.

I sincerely never meant to offend anyone, apart from in a childish pm that was stupid, but if anyone was offended, i apologise unconditionally.

I'll understand if this falls on deaf ears, but I do hope we can get over it and play some footy.

Thanks for your time

Lee
Filthy Lobber-Lee Snow; the basterd son of Camber.
Robert

Re: An apology

Postby Robert » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:56 pm

Accepted, that's a fine post and you're most welcome at the UK Champs. Shall I add your name to the list?

I can't promise not to score the GBTL goal though! But we will happily teach you it....
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:09 pm

Thanks for this post, Lee, much appreciated. Happy new year and see you, hopefully at the UKC!
Logos

Postby Logos » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:15 pm

I had a great time with you in Dublin Lee.

And yes, a bunch of text on a forum website can indeed misrepresent true meaning and certain words and phrases will hit a nerve with us all.

We share a mutual love for KO2, warts and all, so let's just play and have fun. It'll be good to see you again.
kofoed
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby kofoed » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:41 pm

Lee, I think we had fun together in Dublin and I hope we'll see each other at upcoming tournaments.
And I look forward to getting lobbed online.

Forum/internet discussion are what they are, you formulate yourself trying to keep up with the discussion. Then someone else peeks in to the forum reads 4 pages in a thread, sees red, and answer all post with one. In a live discussion that wouldn't happen. You miss out certain emotional feedback when communicating in text.

Just look at any random online newspaper article with comments where people say the strangest of things, makes the KOA seem like a group of choirboys.

Hope we can go back to discussing with less negative intensity in a manner which enables us to, even if we disagree on some of the issues, still meet up and play the game.
Played 8 World Cups
2001:10th(out of 30), 2002:19th(26), 2006:21st(50), 2008:25th(41), 2009:10th(34), 2010: 11th(46), 2014: 11th(26) 2015 8th(38).
Lee W

Postby Lee W » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:06 pm

I hope so too
Filthy Lobber-Lee Snow; the basterd son of Camber.
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:51 pm

Lee,

Thanks for the nice words, probably worth pointing out that the internet and its forums are a place where everyone spends most of their time trying to cnvince you that what they believe is right in a way that covers this up by pretending they actually hear what you are saying!

Everyone writes and reacts to their own beliefs, so arguing is a waste of everyones time...in the end...as we are all right really ;)
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!