Spring Clean

Kick Off Association talk + website Updates, like or dislike

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Spring Clean

Postby durban » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:42 am

As requested I have cleared up the forums that haven't been used (they are NOT deleted, they are hidden so we can retain any information there).

I have also cleared down the myriad of Moderator/access groups we had as requested.

We now have a cut down number of people with access (all of whom have had their access demoted, if not removed completely)

There are several forums that had 'user' based access, this has been removed but will be added on a case by case basis.

If you feel you need access to a certain forum (for example Foxy will want access to his forum) then please PM me and it will be sorted.

I don't want to presume access is needed/wanted - so I have gone over the top and removed everything that was there so we can start fresh.

A few moderators still remain, basically anyone who had a Global mod status has been downgraded to a standard mod - anyone under that will most likely have been removed (people like Thorwa and the Beards etc).

In the background I have cleared up the database, redundant tables and invalid links (referential integrity etc) but that should go un-noticed apart from a tiny speed up in the routines that bring you the pages.

It's called a Spring clean as I will be pruning a lot more after the New Year.

I would also be grateful if anyone who still gets the 'apache load' error when trying to post from time to time would let me know (and where possible give me a screen print) as I have been working hard on eradicating that from the server.

May you all have a wonderful Christmas.

Mark
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Re: Spring Clean

Postby Steve Camber » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:04 am

Good work Mark, it was well overdue. Enjoy your xmas :)
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :) https://kickoff2.net
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:05 am

Thank you Mark!

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO.
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:15 pm

Thanks for the thanks guys, still working on it but will create a few sub-groups for moderation/access in the next few days (hard from work as have no direct access to the KOA).

Prior to today access was done via many groups and user access. Makes it hard to keep track.

I am going to go back to group access, we will have moderators and then specific groups for forums as applicable.

We can then look at putting back a global moderator role as I mentioned earlier this month provided we are all happy to do so, but for the next week or two there will be some people who have lost all access.
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:17 pm

Incidently,, what I would also like to do is Prune the database...but appreciate people won't like that so I am leaving it as the big bulky mess it is :)

Would make things a lot quicker, and the backups would be a lot smaller - but I know we like to have posts from 2003 that we can all go back to and read over our morning coffee!
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:24 pm

Thank you