World CUP 2004: Final Rules

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

filippodb
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!
Location: Supposed to be in Rome (but usually in Venice - Italy)

World CUP 2004: Final Rules

Postby filippodb » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:09 pm

Kick Off 2 World Cup FAQ

General Rules

What is Kick Off 2? Is one of the best computer games related to football ever made. Was programmed by Dino Dini & Steve Screech, AD 1991

What is The Worl Cup Gathering? Is a gathering of friends that spend 1 weekend every year to play this 15 years old football game to enjoy the most important competitive event and have the annual best player worldwide.

Which version will be used: well we'll have 2 version, kick off 2 v.1.4 and Kick Off 2 cracked by oracle

Which computer we'll use? Only Amiga 500, Amiga 2000 and Amiga 1200

Can I use my Joystick? Yes of course, but we can also provide extra joysticks

Can I use international Teams? No, all the games will be played with Team A vs Team B

What is the game level? International

How long are the matches? 2 half of 5 minutes

Should I choose my favourite Referee? Referee is random unless both players agree to change/choose another referee

Wind is active? Only in the KOA CUP

Which pitch we'll use? normal pitch

Can I choose the jackets color of the team? No, the colors of the team jackets will be full yellow and full Blue

Aftertouch is active? Yes, sure!

What is the speed of the players? 100%

Wich tactics I can use? Only default tactics: 424, 532, 442, 433

May I change the default line-up? We wish to change the line up, we'll have a vote from the players to have a final decision.

May I have a bigger/smaller/no radar? radar always stay in the default size unless both players agree to change it

May I change the tactic and the players during the game? Yes, of course!

What about if I don't agree the result of a match: Nothing happen, the Amiga final results is inappellable

So what happen if an amiga crash?? If it crash on first half the game will be replayed totally, if it crash on second half then only second half will be replayed starting from the goal result of the first half

I don't like those rules and also other friends of mine don't like it, should we change it? sorry too late, ;-) but in a direct match both players can agree to adopt every rules they like.

FORBIDDEN

- Turn off an amiga or a monitor during a game.
- press esc during the game
- touching, hitting, screaming, offending, deconcentrate a player during the match

Saturday - qualification round

How is organized: All the players will be sorted on 4 league with home/away matches
What we do: we play to find the 16 best players that will go to the final round on sunday
Who will go to the final round: The best 4 players of each league
What about the other players? They'll play the KOA CUP
What is The KOA cup? <Kick Off Association Cup> is a competition on sunday with all the players that couldn't reach to the best 16, it's like UEFA cup for football clubs
What about if 2 players end the league with the same points? the direct matches will decide who is better.
What happen if the 2 players has 2 direct draws or a victory each? We wish to play penalties to not calculate the goal scored even against newbie players but we'll vote for a final decision

Sunday - Final round

How is organized:
The best 16 players will be sorted in 4 leagues with home/away matches then they'll have home/away knock-outs
Which players will go to the knock out stage: The best 2 players of each league
Who will play Team A on Knock Out stage firstly? A coin toss will decide it
What about if 2 players end the league with the same points? the direct matches will decide who is better then goal scored in the Direct M., Goal scored overall, goal difference, penalties
What happen if the 2 players has 2 direct draws or a victory each in the knock outs? The player who score more goals win the knock out.
What happen if the 2 players score the same amount of goals? they'll play 2 extra times and then penalties

Sunday - KOA CUP

How is organized: the players will be sorted in 4 leagues with home/away matches then they'll have home/away knock-outs
So there'll be the same exactly rules as the WC final round?
Yes but with the only exception of "light wind" that is active unless both players agree to play without
What are the prizes in this gathering?? here they are:

1° WORLD Cup Trophy (Best player worldwide)
2° World Cup silver medal
3° World Cup bronze medal
4° World Cup steel medal

Best scorer CUP (goal scored only on sunday - WC Final round)

Best defence CUP

KOA Conpetition prize:
1° KOA CUP
2° KOA silver medal
3° KOA bronze medal
Last edited by filippodb on Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
filippodb
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby filippodb » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:38 pm

This is a post dedicated only to whom will play the 2004 World Cup!

Please expess your opinion about changing the line-up before the matches and about to not count the goal scored against newbies on saturday if 2 players end the league with the exact amount of points, but consider only direct matches and then play penalties.

Lineup changes

favorable
1. Abyss
2. Il_Maestro
3. filippodb
4. Freshmaker
5. pako
6. gianni torchio
7. sandro torchio
8. wonder q

not favorable
1. durban
2. Semtex
3. Robert Swift
4. Steve Camber
5. Danny D
6. troglos
7. giacomo troiano

indifferent
1. Rodolfo
2. Tripod
3. Fabio Artuso

Goals not counting on saturday

favorable
1. Freshmaker
2. Il_Maestro
3. filippodb
4. durban
5. Steve Camber
6. Danny D.
7. pako
8. gianni torchio
9. troglos
10. sandro torchio
11. wonder q
12. giacomo troiano
13. fabio artuso

not favorable
1. Robert Swift
2. Semtex
3. Tripod

indifferent
1. Abyss
2. Rodolfo
Last edited by filippodb on Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:59 pm

Changing line ups: Favorable - let's let those who enjoy it more way do it

Not counting total gd on Saturday: Indifferent
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:35 pm

Chaging the Lineups.

I would personally like to change lineups, however in a World cup event I am AGAINST this as I think it will cause controversy (when players starting the next game do not realise Barber is in defence, also new players may not know the best lineup and are therefore dependant upon the previous players preferences etc!)

Not counting Total GD on Saturday.

I am FOR this. All goals scored should count on both days however I understand the reason for the suggestion, and I believe it is a good one. It helps both new players and the high scorers as it means the better players will not get any advantage being in a 'crap' group compared to other players who may have a slightly better group. It also means all players can happily score as many goals as they like should they wish.
So for example if Martin B is in a group with six good players who defend well but are ranked low he may only score an average of 4/5 goals in his games.
Meanwhile Martin J may be in a group with unranked players (or players who have played one tournament and thus have a rank close to 1000) who cannot defend and thus his average is 10 goals a game. Martin J should not have an advantage over Martin B in the final table just because he had an easy opening day. So therefore all players will benefit from this rule!
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Semtex
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Semtex » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:51 pm

No line up changes.
No to penalties
Il_Maestro

Postby Il_Maestro » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:27 pm

Yes for Lineup changes.
From 2 years of experiments in official cups in italy, i'm 100% fine with this.
It takes only a few seconds more per match, and let the game balanced for everyone.
Robert

Postby Robert » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:34 pm

Changing line-ups: NOT FAVOURABLE

Nice idea but I would have to check before every game that someone had not moved the players. There will be people who blame losses on messed player selections. "Someone fucked up the teams on this machine before I got there."

Penalties: NOT FAVOURABLE

If two players are really even on points, results and scores between them, goal difference should apply. This will not make people score any more goals than they would anyway. I do not believe we should force penalties. It is a horrible way to miss out. The shootout could take 10 minutes if no-one misses. If we MUST ban goal difference, then the two equal players should be allowed to choose a way of separating. Either..

1) Play two games of 2x3 minutes as a decider
2) Flip a coin
3) Beer drinking competition
4) Arm wrestle

If they can't agree on some solution.....penalties.

I don't see why two people that hate penalties should be forced to play them, not if they can agree on something else. I think a lot of people, given the choice, would play a tie break. The above tie-break option is only 12 minutes. NO to penalties....it's the worst part of 'real' football tournaments, don't bring it into Kick Off! :cry:
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:48 pm

Il_Maestro wrote:Yes for Lineup changes.
From 2 years of experiments in official cups in italy, i'm 100% fine with this.
It takes only a few seconds more per match, and let the game balanced for everyone.

please,could you also answer to the 2nd question? (GOAL DIFFERENCE)
filippodb
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby filippodb » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:02 pm

Changing line up: favorable, it adds some extra challenge to the game without changing a lot the dynamics of the game.

Don't count the goal scored only on sunday if 2 players end the league with the same points and with the same results on direct matches is the best rule we can made.
With the old rule new players in the KOA will always be humiliate with 15-0 or 17-0, it's not their fault, it's only that they just started again to play kick off after a lot of years but being humiliate on saturday it will end to demotivate them and then losing them definetely from KOA gatherings, we have lose a lot of players because of goal counting on saturday!!!! :cry:
Also goal-counting on saturday is only a dempnstration how the most trained players can kick ass the newbies, totally wrong attitude!!! :(
Let the goal count only on Sunday, only with pro players against pro players!!! :wink:
I don't want to be forced to humiliate a new player because I need a strong goal difference!
We don't need to count goals on saturday!

SATURDAY GOAL COUNTING = BAD

PENALTIES=GOOD

:lol:
Il_Maestro

Postby Il_Maestro » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:27 pm

filippodb wrote:
SATURDAY GOAL COUNTING = BAD

PENALTIES=GOOD

I agree with these too.

Rikki

Postby Rikki » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:39 pm

Wonka is allowed to play if he just turns up! Could you imagine my nutty little cocaine face appearing with a nutty smile?

:lol:
Jenson Button has nothing on Swifty ffs!
Papa Lazarou
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Papa Lazarou » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:28 pm

:roll:
"Would you like to buy some pegs Dave?"
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:43 pm

Changing line ups: Care, so I guess I don't accept. ;)

Not counting gd on Saturday: Agreed. Don't really give a damn here either.
Last edited by Freshmaker on Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music