Kick Off 2 Matrix video

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderator: Moderators

alkis21

Kick Off 2 Matrix video

Postby alkis21 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:20 am

The video begins with two goals that show how easy it is to shamelessly exploit the absence of the accidental slide feature. When you are not worrying that your player will slide, you can keep the ball on your feet for as long as you want. Expect me to do that all the time if the removal is voted for, so don't say I didn't warn you.

Next you have two great defensive headers, followed by a goal that never went in and a few nice goals. Finally, the video ends with a killer corner routine.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
dnielsen

Re: Kick Off 2 Matrix video

Postby dnielsen » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:33 pm

Great stuff!

The hugely dramatic music in the start provides a funny contrast to the hilarity of a bunch of Amiga players chopping away at the human player in slow motion to no avail.

My favorite goal is the one starting at 0:42. It's an impressive final twist to force through the goal after the initial diagonal run might have been slightly off timing (not really sure about that). Also the header at 0:53 is a pleasure to watch, diagonal jump and instant change to vertical direction before hitting the ball.
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:37 pm

Wow! This Matrix music is a brilliant match to your KO2 action! 8)

alkis21 wrote:The video begins with two goals that show how easy it is to shamelessly exploit the absence of the accidental slide feature.

Personally I much prefer seeing players exploit valid gameplay rather than obvious bugs so this is great! Having said that, I'm sure better defences that the cpus will have something to say about this move! :) At the very least, you have demonstrated how this bug fix has opened up new gameplay possibilites! 8) Contrast this with the accidental/unintended slide bug which invariably leads to the ball going out of play/play being stopped due to foul.

Back to the video.... fave clearing header 0:21, fave matching music to action 0:40 and fave goal 0:45. I like the way you pack a variety of action in - your videos are somehow getting better and better!!!! 8) 8) 8)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
SimonB
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby SimonB » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:46 pm

You can't fool me Alkis - that last goal was accidental ... you missed a sitter! ... nice reactions to correct the mistake though :)

I'm interested to hear Gary's reactions to your first couple of goals with autoslide turned off ... or shall we call them auto-goals?
Birmingham 2011 World Cup: 15th best player :)
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:47 pm

Nice skillz! Keep practicing and one day you could be champ ;)

I've experimented with the goal you've shown and as far I can see it's always been possible. The main difference is historically, one of the chasing pack would try his luck and autoslide in.
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:58 pm

SimonB wrote:I'm interested to hear Gary's reactions to your first couple of goals with autoslide turned off ... or shall we call them auto-goals?

:lol: How about... intended, bug-free, trap and crawl goals! :D
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:05 pm

SimonB wrote:You can't fool me Alkis - that last goal was accidental ... you missed a sitter!

Of course it was accidental, it was scored by Panayotis! :lol: It would be cool if we could score that and mean it, though.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:06 pm

The video begins with two goals that show how easy it is to shamelessly exploit the absence of the accidental slide feature. When you are not worrying that your player will slide, you can keep the ball on your feet for as long as you want. Expect me to do that all the time if the removal is voted for, so don't say I didn't warn you.

Alkis, if this were to happen to me in Athens I would love every minute of it! Just as in real life where rules are tweaked to benefit the attacking player to make the game even more exciting, Kick Off 2 is now no different. :)

Love the video too. That goal at about 0:42 is crazy! Makes me wanna play KO2 again :)
World Cup 2009 - 8th Place
World Cup 2008 - 19th Place
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:46 pm

alkis21 wrote:followed by a goal that never went in

I don't suppose you checked the goal height for this apparent non-goal, Alkis ?

Btw I like the way you remember to remove the scanner when recording your replays - nice touch. Wish I could remember! :lol:

Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:19 pm

Great video and great goals!

I'm sorry Alkis, but those two goals show only how stupid is the IA! I'm sure that humans can steal the ball! :wink: