KOA:.:Net League is here!

Talk about on-line Kick Off

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Pee
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby Pee » Sun May 18, 2003 6:14 pm

Or the three of us just go to Toast's for some games :lol:

I'll pop down sometime Mark and sort it out if you like but honestly, there is a link on the koa.net site to a file that just downloads and executes itself with the game and rom files and configs already done so it's sweet as fuck. It's not a big download either.

Can't do it tonight tho Durbs as we've just hired The Royal Tenenbaums out on vid. I'll have a do sometime this week tho. I'll post here when I'm set up and free and we can take it from there.

P
FWA OK!!

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." GB
Pee
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby Pee » Sun May 18, 2003 6:32 pm

OK, what Kaillera server do you use again??

I'm on mIRC at the minute if anyone can get on in the next 5 or 10 mins

P
FWA OK!!

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." GB
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Sun May 18, 2003 7:30 pm

I think you can use any server mate.

Its just a case of chatting to someone and letting them know!

Erm, I am setting up a message page on the site at the mo, at least we can post messages there so if anyone logs on you could just say I am on for 2 hours or something.

the messages will be time and dated so you know if they are current etc..

M
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
filippodb
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!
Location: Supposed to be in Rome (but usually in Venice - Italy)

Postby filippodb » Sun May 18, 2003 11:28 pm

Just take the faster kaillera server, 50ms of ping is enough for a good Kick Off game, more than 100 ms is not suitable for a good control.
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Sun May 18, 2003 11:50 pm

On a 56k modem you will be getting between 120 - 250ping which isn't good for a 100% game, however if you play at 50% speed you can play pretty well!

M
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Tue May 20, 2003 12:21 am

Fillipo I think we need the following....

Basically there are many servers, I think we should select say 5 that we will always use.

That way players dont have to search for a game, they just search the five servers and if people are on then great.

Also do you run a server when you are playing on line? and if so whats the name as I can add it to the site

We need to come up with a plan for arranging matches..

Oh and I will be on about 11pm tomorrow night for a 50% speed game if anyone is interested!

M
filippodb
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!
Location: Supposed to be in Rome (but usually in Venice - Italy)

Postby filippodb » Tue May 20, 2003 11:00 am

We can't choose the best server, basically because the ping change during the day, is different from every nation and from every kind of connection.
We've to put a chat room in the site, so we can make first an appointment through the message board like "I'm waiting into the chat room for some 50% matches at 11 pm! "
Also the chat room is important to choose the settings like who play team A/B, frame skip, server etc. etc.
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Tue May 20, 2003 11:12 am

Ok Chat room is my next task then!!!

Slave drivers!!!!

M
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Tue May 20, 2003 11:35 am

I would just like to welcome our 9th participant, Mr Freshmaker :)

Nice one mate, another nation in the league :)

I must get round to writing some help files.

Fillipos zip file is fine and has all you need however you will need to amend the config.

I am sure most of us will be able to do this, however I don't want to put off new users.

Just a few lines about changing the ROM file location and the KO2 Disk image location should do it :)

M
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Tue May 20, 2003 11:35 am

Ok. Downloaded from koa.net. Is it just to unzip to some folder and click "go" or what?
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Tue May 20, 2003 11:42 am

Aha this is what I mean :)

Ok Freshy mate, I Can't really help from work. I will try tho.

Unzip into a directory of your choice the file (you can download it from the main koanet.co.uk page under links but I presume you already have done this!)

Then click on the winuae icon, or Kailerra-UAE or whatever its called.

This will bring up the UAE front end (a normal UAE Front end if you have used Winuae before!)

Click on the KO2 profile and click load.

You will need to change two things.

Firstly you need to change the ROM location, click on the ROM tag and then there will be something that lets you select a new rom location (Currently its set up to Filiipos Docuements and Settings folder :) )

So this will probably open a directory and there will be a Kick31 rom file (or something like that) in the directory so click that.

Then you need to change the location of the ko2 disk, I think this is under the floppy drive tab, again it should be set to Fillipos directory, click on change and select ko2.adf from the directory that should open.

Then you should be set up.

Click on STart Kailerra and this will load up a server page, click on refresh servers to see a list of servers and pick the one with the lowest ping.

You can then enter start new game, and you just call it something like KO2.

Then if you are playing against someone they will come into the room and you can click on Start and the emulator should kick back in and bring up the game!

didn't work for me last night, not sure why, it may be better to use your own ko2.adf file if you have one.

I will put some downloads on the site later tonight if I get a chance.

I couldn't get it to work last night, but I will sort it out and set up a help file.

M
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Tue May 20, 2003 12:32 pm

Thanks. Will look into this asap. Will be busy working around the clock for a couple of days, but possibly on friday I might give it a go. :D
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
Pee
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby Pee » Thu May 22, 2003 11:38 am

Is there any way of getting round a firewall? If so I could play on BB from work you see.

Any help would be appreciated in this matter
Thanks P
FWA OK!!