Talk about on-line Kick Off

Moderator: Moderators

durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

KOA NEt online kickoff

Postby durban » Thu May 15, 2003 3:26 pm

I cant beleive this hasn't taken off.

Anyway in about 2 months Durbs should have broadband and I will be playing online Kickoff with the Italian boys.

Check out http://www.koanet.co.uk or http://www.koanet.tk.

It seems to have died a death due to lack of interest.

I played on a 56k modem and although the game was at 50% speed (due to my connections) it was still a lot of fun and completely playable.

All you with Broadband have no excuse, it is more or less 99% ko2 and the idea of having a league online surely must be a good prospect.

Please check it out and get the software installed, basically its an Amiga Emulator and a program that connects you to a server.

KO2 online is sooo much fun, I will be playing it all the time when I get BB at long long last!!!!

I just don't believe the lack of interest outside the Italian Boys for getting this up and runnning, I would have thought this would be one of the most important developments for the KO2 world!!!!

M
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Thu May 15, 2003 4:03 pm

Anyone with broadband is a wanker.

Until I get it in 2010 :wink:
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
filippodb
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!
Location: Supposed to be in Rome (but usually in Venice - Italy)

Postby filippodb » Thu May 15, 2003 5:04 pm

It's a lack of broadband instead of interest!
Anyway with my new dsl I'm able to ping at 40ms the english server ansd that's perfect for kick off!
Can't waiting more!!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Thu May 15, 2003 6:55 pm

Fillipo my good friend....

About 2 months till I get DSL mate, I can't wait to start up our matches again, if we can at least get 6 or 7 of us interested we can start a kick ass league.

I can set up some league table allowing posting of results and stats and stuff that will be ace :)

Can't wait mate, to be honest I would be up for a game with any local lads tonight if anyone on dial up wants to try it out....Steve C ????

M
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Danny D » Thu May 15, 2003 7:06 pm

about 2 years until I get broadband , will we still be here ?
"We are now on the threshold of a newer movement, with a newer hope and a new inspiration."
James Larkin
filippodb
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!
Location: Supposed to be in Rome (but usually in Venice - Italy)

Postby filippodb » Thu May 15, 2003 7:15 pm

tonight Im busy but soon we'll try again a game I'm very fast now and beeing in Milan helps to have low ping on all over europe!
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Fri May 16, 2003 7:16 am

Ok. What do I need to play online? First, what do I need to play Ko2 on my pc? (need practice first.... :oops: ) But then, I might be ready for some online gaming. I've got adsl. 384 down/184 up. Good enough?
-----------------------------
Jørn F.M.
Founding member of FÖKOF (and FAKO).
The Aftertouch Podcast.
Wayne's and Nick's Carreer Ender
Manager of The People's Lockout!
Il portiere è mongoloide!
Binary
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Binary » Fri May 16, 2003 7:20 am

I'd love the idea, but the behaviour of Kaillera-winuae is much more weird than Gens (at least on my computer!).

If any of you guys ever show up on MSN at night and call me up, I might give it another try.
World Cup 2015 Bronze Cup/Steve Screech Cup Winner

aka "The Kick Off 2 Hustler" and officially the best Portuguese Kick Off player living in Ireland.
Pee
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby Pee » Fri May 16, 2003 7:50 am

I’m still waiting for the “noise level” thing to be raised from 55dB to 60dB. I’ve been reading for some time now that it’s going to be sooner rather than later. :-?
As soon as I get it, I’m in.
I found the Kaliera thing dead easy to set up and I think the guys set up a chat room on mIRC or something??
FWA OK!!

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." GB
Calimero
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Calimero » Fri May 16, 2003 8:08 am

I'll give it a try next week. I have a broadband cable connection and I use MSN Messenger for messaging.

Should be fun, playing someone online!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Fri May 16, 2003 8:50 am

I think it should all be downloadable using the links on http://www.koanet.co.uk

Have a look it should be easy to set up but yes try and find one of us online to talk you thru it.

M