Unusual Player Manager Bug

This forum is dedicated to the original version of Player Manager

Moderator: Moderators

ronanmorgan
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Unusual Player Manager Bug

Postby ronanmorgan » Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:13 am

I have been playing player manager since 1992 and have found out this amazing fact...
When a player reaches his 113th birthday, his main stats (stamina, shooting etc.) begin to rise back up. By the time the player is around 122 years old most of his stats are 200.

This is incredibly sad I know, but useful when loading your team into KO2.
"I may only be half the player F.James is, but I'm still the second best player in the world" - G.S.Saunders (L.R.J.Cross' 50th Birthday Party 1977)
VKafiris
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby VKafiris » Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:59 am

Welcome in the KOA Gathering mate!
I've been playing PM since it was published but I've never come across this one! Can you email me the adf file (if available) to check it out?
Vassilis - Official KOA Black Sheep
2016 World Cup XVI (Milan) - Silver Cup Winner
Calimero
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Calimero » Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:06 pm

Great signature there, Ronan! :)
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Fri Apr 11, 2003 1:49 pm

Priceless! I wonder what's causing this bug. It's the weirdest one I've ever heard of.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
ronanmorgan
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

More about the bug

Postby ronanmorgan » Fri Apr 11, 2003 3:28 pm

Yeah, it sounds funny but it is true...i found out because there was three of us who play KO2 and we always managed our own player manager teams and loaded them into KO2 to play matches (which worked brilliantly - please steve screech incoporate this again!!!). The only thing was if we hung up our boots as managers in player manager it meant you could no longer play a match...so I kept on as manager and only played myself for cup matches etc. However, when my manager Nigel Clough would you believe reached the ripe old age of 113 his stats started to go up..the other lads copped on to this and started racing through seasons to age their players...
Eventually we had three teams consisting of several players with near-perfect (but never all perfect) stats...in the end we had to limit these "overage" players to three per KO2 game as they were ruining the other players chances of getting a match...!!!

Another thing that happened was we started to play players with very low shooting (<50) and high passing as you could get some amazing bend on the ball and very fast shots and passes.

I'd love to set my team against one of the other members here, if there are any tournaments in Dublin coming up please let me know!!!

Also I'd love to hear an explanation for this glitch...I've e-mailed "screechy" as we called him, but have not got a reply yet....

P.S. Kick Off 3 was dreadful!!!!!
"I may only be half the player F.James is, but I'm still the second best player in the world" - G.S.Saunders (L.R.J.Cross' 50th Birthday Party 1977)
garfield_
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby garfield_ » Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:07 am

Steve Screech never made Player Manager, Dino Dini did, if you wish to contact him about the bug you can ask on his forums at http://www.abundantsoft.com

--
garfield
Steve
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Steve » Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:33 am

Ahhh Garfield you little forum monitor you :)
I never received an email at all otherwise i'd have answered. Maybe you sent it to an old defunct email address. The game was never really designed to play for as long as some people played it for so some of the stats can clock round which is what happened in the bug you describe but i like to think of it as a reward for persistance :)
Destroyer of Glenn the bald norwegian runt and 100% win record against the big poofta Swifty when his partner is innthe same room. Ex Anco..Ex Floodlit..Ex BGS..Ex Cybersports .. Ex freelance now with Stick Sports.. Member of the anti lob brigade...Filth!
VKafiris
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby VKafiris » Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:12 am

I like the way that Steve approaches this "bug". :-)
Vassilis - Official KOA Black Sheep
2016 World Cup XVI (Milan) - Silver Cup Winner
ronanmorgan
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby ronanmorgan » Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:50 pm

I can't believe how old Screechy is