How do you create a blank adf file on Winfellow?

This forum is dedicated to the original version of Player Manager

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 28, 2002 1:23 pm

Hi, I'm a newbie surfing the web and just got winUAE and winfellow.

I can create one on winUAE but have found that PM doesn't work well on it when creating a new game (I'd forgotten what software error screen looked like!)

I can get it to work on Winfellow but after changing the league data it asks me for a disk.

What procedure do you go through?

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 28, 2002 11:29 pm

Having suffered from the same problem i found it best to create an amiga formatted disk, first of all using an Amiga boot up disks to get you into the Amiga GUI and formatting your floppy disk there.

This blank disk should allow you to save the data in PM and continue as in a regular game.

Al (rather drunk from attending a Celtic fest in PA, USA)
Stainy
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Stainy » Sun Sep 29, 2002 7:54 am

nah! easier way is to do it in Winuae, even if you don`t want to use it for emulation, just run winuae and create floppy

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 29, 2002 1:43 pm

Strange - that didnt work for me no matter how many times and different permutations I tried..must be me..

Al
VKafiris
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby VKafiris » Tue Oct 01, 2002 7:02 am

Since it's an emulator, *.adf files represent disks. So you need to create an empty adf (Amiga Disk File). WinUAE has a button that automaticaly creates an empty adf in the directory you've installed the emulator. WinFellow has the same option into the configuration menu.
Vassilis - Official KOA Black Sheep
2016 World Cup XVI (Milan) - Silver Cup Winner