New rule proposal: Get rid of penalty kicks

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Do you agree to play additional extra times instead of penalties?

I agree, let's do this.
40%
I disagree, let's leave things as they are.
52%
I don't care either way.
8%

Total votes: 25
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Re: New rule proposal: Get rid of penalty kicks

Postby Torchiador » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:28 pm

Come on, we are playing with autoslides removed, a gameplay changing that affects every single second of each match of the 500 matches of the world cup.
We are talking about 3-4 post extra time situations that happen in a whole world cup.
At least I would be wide open to try it
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:44 pm

And I would be happy to put them slides back in.

I seriously think Alkis' idea is much better anyway. I would prefer to play the game till say a Silver Goal conclusion, rather then go to a penalty Shootout.
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:17 pm

"Abolition
The golden goal and silver goal were widely perceived as failed experiments. They had not brought about more active and attacking play and there was confusion when events could choose among several different extra time rules. The golden goal in the Euro 96 final was controversial, as the Czechs who were on the losing side argued that the Germans' winning goal was offside, and the immediate celebrations after the golden goal was scored made it impossible for the referee to disallow the goal and continue the match. The silver goal has been called illogical in that it denies the losing team the chance of saving the match simply by virtue of when the goal is scored, a point best illustrated in the Euro 2004 semi-final; if the Greek goal had been scored 15 seconds later, that is immediately after the extra-time interval (instead of the last two seconds of the first period of extra time), the Czechs would have had nearly 15 minutes to attempt to score the equalizer. Furthermore, one team could benefit unfairly from the conditions, such as if a strong wind aided one side.

In February 2004, the IFAB announced that after Euro 2004 in Portugal, both the golden goal and silver goal methods would be removed from the Laws of the Game. Since the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany the golden goal has never been used in the event of a tied match during the knockout stage, and FIFA restored the original rules: in the event of a tied game after the original 90 minutes, two straight 15-minute periods of extra time were played. If a tie still remained after that, the winner was decided by a penalty shootout.
"

And all above was related to simple extra time. Extra Extra Time is definitely no soccer any more.
We could decide for a series of 3 or 5 or 7, like in baseball. but it wouldn't be soccer any more.
For what it is concerned as soccer, Penalty Shootout belong to soccer for 126 years.
I can understand you don't like them. but, it is the game.
For the records, I have a lot of fun in penalty kicks, specially in KO2. With cousin we always play with extra time and penalty kicks, challenging to kick the most difficult penalty toward the post-crossbar corner.
So to me they could stay as they are, but it is crystal clear they could be better and much more entertaining.
Anyway we are talking about hot air, there is no enhanced penalty shootout , and we don't even know if we ever see it.
Pansen
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Pansen » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:52 am

Lee W

Postby Lee W » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:43 am

penalty 'shot' out has to happen!! :D
Filthy Lobber-Lee Snow; the basterd son of Camber.
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:16 pm

We don't need to have penalties to do shots... :lol:
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:08 pm

Just one thing regarding comparisons with real football: If FIFA had Steve Camber to stop the players' fatigue after 120 minutes, they'd ditch penalty kicks in an instant. :) They've been searching for an alternative for ever but they can't get around the obstacle that the players need to eventually stop playing at some point. Sprites don't.

We are talking about 3-4 post extra time situations that happen in a whole world cup.

So just to be clear, you're suggesting that goalkeeper change just for the penalty shootout, not penalty kicks taken during the match?
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:00 pm

alkis21 wrote:So just to be clear, you're suggesting that goalkeeper change just for the penalty shootout, not penalty kicks taken during the match?

Doesn't matter. It will demand an altering of the code. Bad. Very bad. Not goood.

Added Extra time is SO much better. The tournaments will benefit greatly from it. Our tournaments will be the best in the world. It will make the KO2 World Cup great again. It's gonna be yuge.
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Vag

Postby Vag » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:02 pm

We could have the penalties before the match, so both players know from before who will win in case of a tie :-)
(I'm joking)
Click here and here.
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:43 pm

alkis21 wrote:
Torchiador wrote:We are talking about 3-4 post extra time situations that happen in a whole world cup.

So just to be clear, you're suggesting that goalkeeper change just for the penalty shootout, not penalty kicks taken during the match?

Yes Alki, exactly that.