Olivier

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

Olivier_Paris
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Re: 16th Kick Off World Cup: World Cup Guide + Event Attendance

Postby Olivier_Paris » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:06 am

Hi there! My name is Olivier, I'm French, and I've been playing KO2 for more than 25 years with the same friend, Vincent, and we still play once a week... and this year we are planning on going to Milan if it's not too late. I have several questions though... is the after touch activated? Can there also be a "one player" tournament, where you play only one player and you count only the score of the human player? We could have 4 guys playing at the same time (and we would have more chance to win something because we play in this mode and in the original versus one as well). We are more than excited to come, we'll know next week (I'm teaching in November and I have to wait to know when I'll have to work)... See you soon I hope! Olivier and Vincent
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:50 am

Hi Olivier, and welcome!
Yes, we use aftertouch. We don't play vs CPU, we can do that any time at home :) All games are two player in the world cup matches.
It would be great if you could make it to Milan, keep us informed.
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:13 am

Welcome to the Kick Off Association, Olivier!

Since Steve already answered your questions, all I can say is that if you really love the game, you will love coming to the KO2 WC. There you will find players of all levels, you will probably learn and develop further your skills, and also you will get to meet some new friends. So please, sort it out, and join us.

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO # 1.
Freshmaker

Olivier

Postby Freshmaker » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:39 am

Hi Olivier, and welcome aboard.

Sreve and Rodolfo allready said the most, so I'd just like to underline the importance of going to the World Cup. But be careful, if you attend once you might get hooked, and come back next year. And the next. And the next... ;)
-----------------------------
Jørn F.M.
Founding member of FÖKOF (and FAKO).
The Aftertouch Podcast.
Wayne's and Nick's Carreer Ender
Manager of The People's Lockout!
Il portiere è mongoloide!
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:54 pm

Olivier_Paris wrote:Hi there! My name is Olivier, I'm French, and I've been playing KO2 for more than 25 years with the same friend, Vincent, and we still play once a week... and this year we are planning on going to Milan if it's not too late. I have several questions though... is the after touch activated? Can there also be a "one player" tournament, where you play only one player and you count only the score of the human player? We could have 4 guys playing at the same time (and we would have more chance to win something because we play in this mode and in the original versus one as well). We are more than excited to come, we'll know next week (I'm teaching in November and I have to wait to know when I'll have to work)... See you soon I hope! Olivier and Vincent

Welcome Oliver! Wow! 26 years no stop playing! that is great!
And now, after 26 years of experience with the game, I can figure out, you have a big question buzzing around your and Vincent's heads: a question that needs an answer. how much strong do you really are?
Join Milan then, and you will know it! And we will know it too! :)
Well, you said you have several questions but in your post I count just two so, please don't be shy and fire your questions!
You rightly started with a question about settings. Shortly: we use normal pitch, 5x2 minutes no extra time in league matches, extra time in play off matches. After touch on, wind off, skill level international, standard 8 tactics (no personalised tactics), random referees. The official rules will be posted soon though.
I really hope you can take a couple of day off work!
See you!

Said that I would ask moderators to split this thread to keep organising stuff more readable, thanks in advance.
Olivier_Paris
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Re: Olivier

Postby Olivier_Paris » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:47 am

Hi! Sorry I hadn't seen your answer! Thanks for all this information! I'll know about my schedule very soon! Hopefully we'll come and have a nice time with you guys!
Olivier
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:22 pm

:hors:
-----------------------------
Jørn F.M.
Founding member of FÖKOF (and FAKO).
The Aftertouch Podcast.
Wayne's and Nick's Carreer Ender
Manager of The People's Lockout!
Il portiere è mongoloide!
Oliver St

Postby Oliver St » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:06 pm

OMG, another Shyliver :D

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
Olivier_Paris
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Olivier_Paris » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:23 pm

Hi there!

Unfortunately, my silly schedule prevents me from going!!! Next year, for sure!!!

Olivier
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:29 pm

That's a pity! :(
anyway I suggest you to stay tuned on the forum the days of the world cup, we will provide a live streaming that will cover both the days of the world cup (perhaps the Friday night Draw of the world cup groups) and the live streaming of the Semi Final and Finals game of the world cup.
Stay in touch!
See you next year then! cheers!