2016 Greek Champs - Athens, May 8 | Results: Page 2

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

alkis21

Re: 2016 Greek Champs - Athens, May 8

Postby alkis21 » Sat May 07, 2016 1:16 pm

Shit, I'm picking up Andy from the airport and his flight is apparently 1h 45m late. Less time for friendlies tonight...
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
alkis21

Re: 2016 Greek Champs - Athens, May 8

Postby alkis21 » Sun May 08, 2016 10:15 pm

Awesome day, thanks a lot to everyone who came (especially Andy and Kostas L who returned to a tournament after 11 years!) and to George for hosting. Go through the results, there are some real shockers there!

Round 1:

Code: Select all

George Ka  1 - 8  Alkis P
          Andy G  7 - 3  Antonis T
       Vagelis D  2 - 10 Spyros P
       Vasilis K  2 - 4  Nikos A
        Kostas L  1 - 11 Ektoras K
        Kostas O  5 - 0  Kostas Ka
          Andy G  9 - 2  George Ka
       Vagelis D  0 - 7  Alkis P
       Vasilis K  4 - 1  Antonis T
        Kostas L  3 - 6  Spyros P
        Kostas O  1 - 3  Nikos A
       Kostas Ka  2 - 11 Ektoras K
       George Ka  4 - 1  Vagelis D
       Vasilis K  1 - 6  Andy G
        Kostas L  0 - 10 Alkis P
        Kostas O  6 - 0  Antonis T
       Kostas Ka  1 - 5  Spyros P
       Ektoras K  5 - 3  Nikos A
       Vasilis K  2 - 8  George Ka
        Kostas L  2 - 1  Vagelis D
        Kostas O  2 - 4  Andy G
       Kostas Ka  1 - 9  Alkis P
       Ektoras K  6 - 2  Antonis T
         Nikos A  3 - 2  Spyros P
       George Ka  9 - 1  Kostas L
        Kostas O  4 - 2  Vasilis K
       Kostas Ka  2 - 4  Vagelis D
       Ektoras K  4 - 8  Andy G
         Nikos A  4 - 3  Alkis P
        Spyros P  8 - 1  Antonis T
        Kostas O  4 - 6  George Ka
       Kostas Ka  4 - 2  Kostas L
       Ektoras K  5 - 4  Vasilis K
         Nikos A  9 - 1  Vagelis D
        Spyros P  3 - 6  Andy G
       Antonis T  0 - 4  Alkis P
       George Ka  3 - 4  Kostas Ka
       Ektoras K  5 - 3  Kostas O
         Nikos A  8 - 3  Kostas L
        Spyros P  4 - 2  Vasilis K
       Antonis T  4 - 3  Vagelis D
         Alkis P  6 - 3  Andy G
       Ektoras K  5 - 6  George Ka
         Nikos A  5 - 2  Kostas Ka
        Spyros P  6 - 4  Kostas O
       Antonis T  2 - 4  Kostas L
         Alkis P  6 - 2  Vasilis K
          Andy G  8 - 2  Vagelis D
       George Ka  6 - 3  Nikos A
        Spyros P  6 - 3  Ektoras K
       Antonis T  4 - 3  Kostas Ka
         Alkis P  8 - 1  Kostas O
          Andy G  4 - 1  Kostas L
       Vagelis D  1 - 2  Vasilis K
        Spyros P  7 - 5  George Ka
       Antonis T  3 - 2  Nikos A
         Alkis P  8 - 5  Ektoras K
          Andy G  4 - 4  Kostas Ka
       Vagelis D  2 - 2  Kostas O
       Vasilis K  4 - 0  Kostas L
       George Ka  9 - 2  Antonis T
         Alkis P  3 - 2  Spyros P
          Andy G  2 - 9  Nikos A
       Vagelis D  2 - 8  Ektoras K
       Vasilis K  3 - 3  Kostas Ka
        Kostas L  3 - 3  Kostas O

Playoffs:

11th Place Final
Vagelis D - Kostas L 3-1, 3-5 (4-5 a.e.t.)

9th Place Final

Kostas Ka - Antonis T 2-2, 4-2

7th Place Final
Vasilis K - Kostas O 1-3, 1-8

5th Place Final

Ektoras K - George Ka 4-3, 5-3

3rd Place Final
Spyros P - Nikos A 7-2, 5-6

Final
Andy G - Alkis P 2-6, 2-7

Final Standings:

Abyss

Re: 2016 Greek Champs - Athens, May 8 | Results: Page 2

Postby Abyss » Mon May 09, 2016 6:53 am

I remembered how entertaining KO2 is, after playing for the first time since... 2011 I think, when Gianni visited us.

Age takes its toll though. I got a terrible headache from staring at these old CRT TVs for hours - KO2 can get physically demanding after all! I wonder how i managed those non-stop long playing hours as a teen.

Being away for so long didn't do anything to my game though. After playing a couple of games everything was back. Even though there were some real shockers in the results, my games were as expected: One narrow loss to Nikos, one injury-time defeat from Alkis, comfortable but not huge wins in the rest of the games, a focused low-mistake play-off game for the final standing... as expected.

One word about Andy though. A really nice guy, it was an honor playing against him. I lost comfortably in the tournament and in the few friendlies we played; in general I had no answers to his game. He is extremely good in controlling the ball and, as far as I can remember, he is the best I have faced, along with Dagh, in player vs player control scrimmages. Basically, he did things I do, but faster and with much higher accuracy. I guess that after getting used to his game style I could perform better against him, but I can understand why he is such a formidable opponent to top 4-2-4 players, like Gianni. Against top 5-3-2 defenders, like Alkis and Nikos, he had major problems. He also didn't know what to expect from Nikos and his diagonal lobs. Been there, suffered that :)

Alkis of course deserved to win this. Nikos could have easily been in the final, if he hadn't lost to Antonis - a really shocking result. I could have easily been in the final as well, if the Alkis - Spyros and Kostas K - Andy games had finished 3 seconds earlier! A really close league!

The Kakaletris bros gaming venue was superb by the way!

Here's to my next tournament in 2021!

For the Greeks:
Ο Σπύρος παίζει με τον Κώστα Ο. Ο Σπύρος κάνει μια επίθεση από τα πλάγια:
(Κώστας Ο): Μου αρέσει αυτό που κάνεις με τα άκρα σου
(Σπύρος): Ευχαριστώ. Τέτοιο σεξουαλικό κοπλιμέντο έχω καιρό να ακούσω.
VKafiris
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby VKafiris » Mon May 09, 2016 7:51 am

Family weekends are the best. My wife Letta, my two kids Apostolis and Eleftheria and me joined the KO family for a round of Sunday KO matchups. First of all, I was very pleased to meet Andy. He's such a gentleman, a real sport and interesting person. I hope to see you soon my friend. I was even happier to meet all the rest of the Greek bunch of KOers, it's a shame that Panayotis, Stelios and Filippos did't make it this time (and anyone else I might be forgetting).
I have not much to comment about my games. I was a bit rusty and my KO abilities seem to have dropped to rock bottom. Frankly, I didn't expect much, but I was disappointed to have such low offense stats, being unable to score more than 4 goals per game. The fact that I haven't got any practice for so many years was obvious on the pitch. I was not unlucky; I was clearly out of form. I prompise though that I will be back!

P.S. I know that I don't have much right now. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long KO career. Skills that make me a nightmare for KO champions of the likes of Alkis and Spyros. I will set up my Amiga again. I will practice KO with my son. I will find you. And I will destroy you.
Vassilis - Official KOA Black Sheep
2016 World Cup XVI (Milan) - Silver Cup Winner
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Mon May 09, 2016 8:02 am

VKafiris wrote:I will set up my Amiga again. I will practice KO with my son. I will find you. And I will destroy you.

YESSSSS!!!

Congrats to Alkis for taking this home. And Andy for placing second in these surroundings. Spyros, Nikos, Vas, Antonis, George, Ektoras, Vagelis and the Kostases; great to see you guys back in action.
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Mon May 09, 2016 8:19 am

Vasilis, it's about time for the third child! Vasilis' kids and especially his 3 year old daughter were amazing!

VKafiris wrote:I will set up my Amiga again. I will practice KO with my son. I will find you. And I will destroy you.

Apostolos stands a better chance!
Kostas O

Postby Kostas O » Mon May 09, 2016 8:47 am

The success rate of a certain person in these things is not normal. We even brought foreign reinforcement to stop this, but even then you see what happened. Anyone with a keen eye will notice the "unbelievable" match results that caused this so-called victory.
People not playing for the win but for "other" reasons, referees being banned because certain people don't like them, monitors turned a certain angle so that certain people have a better view and the list goes on. These things don't constitute a clean championship.
This is a corrupt association. I quit.
VKafiris
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby VKafiris » Mon May 09, 2016 8:48 am

Thank you Spyros, both for the comment and the encouragement! Apostolos expects me to set up the Amiga asap!
Vassilis - Official KOA Black Sheep
2016 World Cup XVI (Milan) - Silver Cup Winner
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Mon May 09, 2016 9:02 am

Kostas, I witnessed the referee replacement disgrace and I would have been willing to testify, but then I received word about some unfortunate things happening to my bicycle...
Kostas O

Postby Kostas O » Mon May 09, 2016 9:41 am

Abyss wrote:Kostas, I witnessed the referee replacement disgrace and I would have been willing to testify, but then I received word about some unfortunate things happening to my bicycle...

Typical behaviour of the crime organisation that rules the greek KOA.
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Mon May 09, 2016 10:22 am

Kostas O wrote:This is a corrupt association. I quit.

:lolo: :lolo: :lolo: :lolo:
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Mon May 09, 2016 5:13 pm

Some people should consider INVESTING on their questionable skills instead of making accusations! :D
Logos

Postby Logos » Mon May 09, 2016 7:38 pm

Firstly, a huge thank you to Alkis. I was touched by the warm hospitality and generosity of my gracious host and dear friend over this weekend. Saturday night was a real treat for me; delicious Greek food cooked by Alkis' beautiful wife Roula and what an honour to play KO2 friendlies in the home of the KO2 Greek God, it does not get any better than that!

The tournament day was a truly unique experience and makes it my favourite KO2 event so far. What a lovely bunch of people the Greek KO2 players are, many people I had never met before but all were a very welcoming, fun and interesting bunch. It was lovely to meet you all and I hope we meet again sooner rather than later! Best regards to: Antonis T, Nikos A, Ektoras K ,Kostas Ka, George Ka, Vasilis K, Vagelis D, Kostas L, Spyros P and Kostas O!

A special mention to George and Kostas for hosting the tournament in their lovely office, which proved to be the ideal KO2 venue, we even had a balcony!

Regarding the games, every game had it's fun moments, but the standout games for me were:

Kosta Ka - seconds away from the jaws of defeat! The funniest game of the tournament for me and one I will not forget!

Nikos - what an astonishing force of KO2 nature he was! Absolutely crushed me, I am not even sure I would be able to beat him if we played a best of 10! An honour to play this KO2 legend and I hope we get to play again soon my friend!

Spyros- it really made my weekend to play the 2 times World Champ. I have always admired Spyros unique style of play and to get to play him was a real honour and a treat. He is a highly intelligent and skilled player that can do things and think of things differently in KO2 which makes him one of my favourite players. I saw his KO2 brilliance in the 2 leg playoff against Nikos. I know that with sufficient practice and play he would be beating me regularly. Do not leave it another 5 years!

Alkis - to finish top of the league and then win the 2 leg final is no mean feat by the 2 times World Champ! He was simply too sharp and too good in all areas of the game for me, we played 3 games overall and he beat me easily in all 3, his defence and attack were superb and he read my game like a book. Much respect and well deserved Champ!

So, how many Greeks can we entice to the Milan World Cup?!