WC Committee

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Robert

Re: WC Committee

Postby Robert » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:13 pm

Hello fellow members of the self-styled World Cup Committee and everyone else!!

We currently have one bid - please can we encourage others, whether from Copenhagen/Birmingham (if they have reconsidered??) or Ibiza or anywhere else please? Lets have a choice to make. Given the energy that was displayed in the post Dublin period, I am hoping for more bids to follow.

We should also set a deadline for this process. Let's try to make the decision by March 31st? This allows for 7 months' planning...
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:27 am

Would Rodolfo contact the Ibiza-guys?

The Birmingham-guys?
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:27 pm

Just replying here out of courtesy but we won't be hosting one in Bham sadly. I had this massive enthusiasm due to not attending Dublin. Plus with all the possibilities over 2016 being the year of KO2 due to the hype with revived, I think I was shielding myself from other real issues such as... company I work for struggling and dying a slow death (been there 19 years), the stress of bringing up two children, struggling to acclimatise where I live after moving house.

I think I put all that to one side and used KO2 as something else to think about - to divert my attention.

Basically all my energy just exploded and then it now feels like it evaporated sadly.

The disagreements over xmas didn't help and I can fully see why people did disagree. I suppose I was trying to be all Jeremy Corbyn peace loving when in reality, you do need to bruise yourself through organising at times. It's what we did back in 2011 after all.
But this time I had a more idealistic out look I suppose and genuinely thought I had hit upon an idea that would have us all holding hands in unity.

But due to other things going on in life, I don't have the energy to take the rough the smooth and I was really sorry how it all turned out to be honest with you. Perhaps all those arguments over xmas did have a good outcome in the introduction of the world cup commitee etc. and got people to reclaim the KOA as it were (some things occurred before November that I definitely didn't agree with...but nothing seemed to be done about it...then after the shit hitting the fan, thankfully things WERE done about these issues.)

All got pretty deep there didnt it! Basically there won't be a Birmingham bid because I don't have time...yep, will leave it at that hehe.
(PS4 Battlefront don't help! Loving this game!)
World Cup 2009 - 8th Place
World Cup 2008 - 19th Place
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:12 pm

SteveE, I wish you all the best and get better soon, take care.
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:38 pm

Torchiador wrote:SteveE, I wish you all the best and get better soon, take care.

cheers mate, I'm not ill though, just low on enthusiasm. In relation to the job, I found out we're getting sold so looking for a new job as a matter of priority moreso now!
Still feel iffy at times at the thought people may have believed I had this ultimate plan to do the KOA over. I never in my wildest dreams would ever do that.
When I came back here and heard about some of the things going on, I wondered wtf was going on. But naturally this then revealed itself soon after.

This massive misunderstanding was resolved with Andy and Rob but I do wonder how deep this resentment runs at times. I only came back on here to host etc. to ingratiate myself back into the community and to attend future world cups without any elephant in the room....but look how that turned out! :roll: - you have to laugh I suppose.

In relation to the world cup, I remember the guy from Amsterdam up for hosting but then - perhaps because I and others suggested - decided to delay it 12 months.
A world cup in Amsterdam though...wow, imagine that! If Bounty Bob misses Day 2 for this one we know where he's gone! :lol: :D (this is a joke btw and no offence intended!)

When I announced no Birmingham bid it's a shame he didn't have a reappraisal of his intention to host a world cup.
World Cup 2009 - 8th Place
World Cup 2008 - 19th Place
Robert

Postby Robert » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:56 am

No resentment here Steve, and hoping the UKC gets you fired up again. That's turning into a real 'battle of champions', yourself included. Maybe Birmingham 2017 is a possibility. Never say never.
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:36 pm

Has anyone contacted the Ibiza-crew?
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:11 pm

Freshmaker wrote:Has anyone contacted the Ibiza-crew?

Rodolfo got in touch with them.
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:55 pm

Ok. Are they still willing to bid for the w.c?

I'm just thinking; Rob proposed we finalize the w.c. process by 31 March, something I see as a sound idea. And if Milan should have any opposition they need to come forward now...
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:12 am

I don't know. Anyway. They never joined a single World Cup or local tournament, nor organised any local kick off tournament. I would be very careful to give away the World Cup keys to persons without a minimum past with us.
Maybe they are the best organiser in the world and they have a basement full of 20 Amiga and 1084S perfectly working. Maybe not.
With age I'm getting sceptic
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:08 am

I agree G. And that's why we also asked them for credentials when they first made their bid.

But it would also be nice to know if they are considering signing up for the world cup as players.
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Ely
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Ely » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:52 pm

It'd be like giving a country like Qatar the World Cup.
NewEly - He is here sometimes...................
http://www.wayoftherodent.com
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:10 pm

Ely wrote:It'd be like giving a country like Qatar the World Cup.

The little difference is that Qatar covers Fifa of billions to go there. instead the KOA pays for himself.
I'm sure that if Qatar would pay every one on us for hotel, flights, venue, hardware, software, stuff, I'm sure that we would have no objections and we all would be grateful to go in Qatar! and probably we would have a 100+ players there! It is all about money, even when there is no money!