Cooperative play

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

sol43
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby sol43 » Fri Mar 22, 2002 7:31 pm

I used to really love playing cooperativley with my mate. Our record for a 2x5 match was 21-0.

Is this a record? Does anyone else play like this? Admittedly we were using a Player Manager team, so maybe its not that impressive.
Stainy
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Stainy » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:22 pm

Thought I`d dig up an old thread as apposed to making a new one!

This one goes to Steve :) I know a while back you fixed aftertouch the player two on a co-op game... but I remember playing 3 player games.. and players 2 and 3 ( had no aftertouch ) for one thing.. but they fell down a hell of alot! I mean.. every tackle...

can anything be done you think ?
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cooperative play

Postby durban » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:40 am

How far did we get with this?

I presume Steve ironed out the A/T issue for player 2, but did we ever get to a point where we could have 2 v 2 on with each player a single person?

I know we have had the 'half way' games, which seemed fun, but a 2 v 2 tournament has to be a good idea surely?
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:10 am

Cox and Barber vs Cox and Barber with a whole load of AI pinball in the centre? Not sure if it's possible currently, but it probably could be enabled with some subtle hackery ;)
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :) https://kickoff2.net
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:14 am

Steve,

When I wrote 'shit' football games my pitch was always based on an alogrithm so that I could, at any time, shrink the width or length appropriately (the idea being I could then make pitches based on real life stadiums without having to mess around with anything)

Is Kick Off 2 like that do you know, or is it based on fixed dimensions?

If it is then the question ends here ;)
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:21 am

Ah yeah, it's all hardcoded so no runtime modification. I think it all comes from defines though, so would just need a recompile for a different size pitch.
...or some subtle hackery rewriting each hardcoded value at runtime.. hmmm.. that would work. Of course the pitch line graphics wouldnt match up any more but still..
--
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:24 am

yeah thats what I was thinking, and thats why I asked about ST as I presumed that may have been different (but now I see it wasnt!)

was thinking about 5 a side ko2 !!!!

that would be FUN
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:32 am

5 a side is already an option I think, but on the standard size pitch. Agreed, a "proper" 5 a side would be amazingly intense in that little area!
--