World Cup Voting

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

Freshmaker

Re: World Cup Voting

Postby Freshmaker » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:47 pm

Just a short message; Even though I don't post, I still follow the debate. And I'm gonna ask you to keep a modest tone, even though disagreeing. Not doing so will lead to topic being locked.

This is first and final warning.
-----------------------------
Jørn F.M.
Founding member of FÖKOF (and FAKO).
The Aftertouch Podcast.
Wayne's and Nick's Carreer Ender
Manager of The People's Lockout!
Il portiere è mongoloide!
Lee W

Postby Lee W » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:59 pm

Freshmaker wrote:Just a short message; Even though I don't post, I still follow the debate. And I'm gonna ask you to keep a modest tone, even though disagreeing. Not doing so will lead to topic being locked.

This is first and final warning.

people were doing just that Jorn, it was people talking each side of the fence... until someone started misquoting and making absolutely false allegations because they didn't like that someone had a different view.

Maybe send a warning to the moderator forum instead, that's where the bother always seems to stem from.
Filthy Lobber-Lee Snow; the basterd son of Camber.
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:06 pm

Topic locked
Jørn F.M.
The Aftertouch Podcast.
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:32 pm

I had always hoped that the O in K-O-A had indicated that we are like a circle, all on the same side, just seeing things from a different angle.

It seems we should re-brand ourselves to the K-Dodecahedron-A

Everyone seems to be trying to out-do each other by using word-play, and associating peoples words to their own way of thinking without any actual merit.

I think we need to all take a step back, perhaps a week or so over Christmas, which is after all a time for understanding and family. We need to realise that no matter how important this may seem to us, it isn't as important as the friendships we are breaking, never to be healed.

Once you take a step away, and see the bigger picture, most of you will realise how silly you are being, and how your ultimate aim is not to the benefit of the KOA or the World Cup but simply to make yourselves have the final say in a discussion that no one really cares about outside our walls.

If you wish to carry on this way, good luck to you all - I am having no part of it.

I am after all only the Admin - my job is to clean up the litter and make sure the doors are oiled so people can get in (and out) at will - I very much doubt anyone would listen to the School Caretaker when it comes to deciding the curriculum for all the schools in the area, and neither should they - but on the flip side I would hope never to see a Caretakers words taken for anything other than the meaning they were left. If that happened I would hope the caretaker would get up and quit and go and do something more meaningful with his life, although in reality he would probably stay with some stupid belief that his job here was important to someone.

And just to make my point 100% clear -

1) I am sad that the Birmingham bid has been removed, whilst I understand the reasons behind this it would still have been a strong location to have the WC and one I would have supported and enjoyed as I did in 2011.

2) I don't make any rules around here, never have and never will. I apologies now if anyone believes different.

3) I like both Copenhagen and Birmingham as locations, either was fine by me - rules are irrelevant TO ME, I do not speak for others in this respect, never have, never will. I enjoyed both when we were there before, I have a reason to support both bids - I have no reason to favour one over the other (or indeed put one in a negative light). I would have voted Copenhagen for Jorn and the fact I loved Denmark, I would have voted Birmingham for it being close to me and the team would have done a good job - they both ONLY have positives in my eyes!

4) I was looking forward to the World Cup next year having missed a year - not so much now.

5) I am going to spend time away from computers in general for Christmas, this year I get to spend Christmas with my daughter for the first time in 14 years, I would like it to be special so I don't need anything else occupying my time - however if anything happens on the KOA, perhaps someone hacks us, or one of the image copies doesn't complete - you know 'ADMIN' stuff - then do please let me know.
I am only mentioning this because I was going away anyway, as I tend to at Xmas, but wanted to make it clear I am away for personal reasons, not because I am avoiding the discussion.

May you and your families have a wonderful Christmas and New Year, I mean this sincerely and I hope you spend at least equal time with them as you have been on here arguing over something that would probably be resolved in 10 mins if we met face to face.

Kind regards,

Mark
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:33 pm

Sorry Jorn, didn't realise this was locked :(
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:55 pm

I'll let your post stay, as it fits nicely with my reasons for locking it.
Jørn F.M.
The Aftertouch Podcast.