World Cup Voting

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Lee W

Re: World Cup Voting

Postby Lee W » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:00 pm

I don't know, but i think the point was that with a vote, the losing side are unhappy... with this system that steve camber suggested to them i believe, gives everyone their favoured style of play... for half of the event instead of just the winning voters having it all their way... I think it was this anyway, seemed fair to me at least.

I think sometimes, the problem with a vote is that people can band together to secure a vote... this system bypasses that and say's everyone does it any way that comes... but really, what's there to be scared of?
Last edited by Lee W on Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Filthy Lobber-Lee Snow; the basterd son of Camber.
Jam King

Postby Jam King » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:01 pm

thor wrote:
What I am failing to see is if "it caters to everyone", then why the reluctance to vote? I would assume it would pass, no?

It wouldn't pass, it's becoming blatantly obvious that it wouldn't, certain people for certain reasons either don't understand a simple option, or simply worry it will effect their ranking...ur proof of that,
Simon K officially has the best defence in the world, not just the UK but the world !!! AGAIN!!!!!
dnielsen

Postby dnielsen » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:04 pm

I would like to play with pitch walls. Can I have 50% of my games with pitch walls in Bham, please?
kofoed
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby kofoed » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:07 pm

I agree with the sentiment that the vote on the World Cup host should be separated for location and rules.

I really like the professional attitude of the Birmingham bid and would love to go there but I share the feeling others have vented, that it's puzzling that the hosts dismiss a vote on the rules when other people are raising the issue. I loved every other part of the bid and thought this will be a success, no need for other bids, we'll take it, but when I read the stance in regard to settings/rules I immediately knew this would be a divider for many members on the forum and cause this discussion that we have now. It is true that there was no vote in 14 and 15 but the key point is that the hosts of those World Cups didn't promote any changes to the rules compared to the preceding World Cup's set of rules.

I would also like to add that whilst I welcome new faces in the KOA I think the inclusion of Ibiza in the vote is a bit premature. It's mentioned just days before the vote started and we don't know much about the hosts and their ideas about the tournament. I'd give them the same suggestion that Alan got, try hosting a smaller tournament in Amsterdam first, then I would like to add: try go to a World Cup to get a feel for it. The world cup is the KOA baby, the gem of the year. I assure you I mean no disrespect to our new Balearic friends and I hope to see you at the next WC.
Played 8 World Cups
2001:10th(out of 30), 2002:19th(26), 2006:21st(50), 2008:25th(41), 2009:10th(34), 2010: 11th(46), 2014: 11th(26) 2015 8th(38).
Lee W

Postby Lee W » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:08 pm

I'd like the keeper fix too Dagh, but I think the original post said it was just from the APT menu
Filthy Lobber-Lee Snow; the basterd son of Camber.
Jam King

Postby Jam King » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:08 pm

dnielsen wrote:I would like to play with pitch walls. Can I have 50% of my games with pitch walls in Bham, please?

If ur team A u can play in just ur pants if u want.
Simon K officially has the best defence in the world, not just the UK but the world !!! AGAIN!!!!!
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:09 pm

dnielsen wrote:I would like to play with pitch walls. Can I have 50% of my games with pitch walls in Bham, please?

Before we start asking silly questions, could you please address the valid things I've brought up? Namely why despite the 'tradition' for votes on rules...there's been no votes on rules for past 2 years - with the actual rules confirmed 2 months before the world cup started.
World Cup 2009 - 8th Place
World Cup 2008 - 19th Place
dnielsen

Postby dnielsen » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:12 pm

Steve1977 wrote:

Before we start asking silly questions, could you please address the valid things I've brought up? Namely why despite the 'tradition' for votes on rules...there's been no votes on rules for past 2 years - with the actual rules confirmed 2 months before the world cup started.

Many people have replied to this question many times, you have just ignored the answers.

Nobody suggested changes to the rules in 2014 and 2015. Hence no vote.

I assure you that my question is not silly. Why do you wish to only cater to your own wishes, but not mine?
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:16 pm

kofoed wrote:
I really like the professional attitude of the Birmingham bid and would love to go there but I share the feeling others have vented, that it's puzzling that the hosts dismiss a vote on the rules when other people are raising the issue.

It's simple really. We hosted a world cup with a democratic vote in 2011 and still people had an issue. So we found a way - a way not thought possible - to incopororate everyones POV.

Then we have people banging on about "it's not the KOA to not have a vote" etc. but then through some investigative work we find out that those statements are based on very flakey foundations.

The KOA did not have Universal support to take out AutoSlides - but they did.
There was no vote on rules in 2014 and there was no vote on rules in 2015.

Incidentally, in 2014 there was not universal support for leaving things 'as they were'...but the hosts did.

So yep, we're kinda puzzeled too.
thor

Postby thor » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:17 pm

Jam King wrote:
thor wrote:
What I am failing to see is if "it caters to everyone", then why the reluctance to vote? I would assume it would pass, no?

It wouldn't pass, it's becoming blatantly obvious that it wouldn't, certain people for certain reasons either don't understand a simple option, or simply worry it will effect their ranking...ur proof of that,

Hi Simon,

If I recall correctly, in all my round 1 games in Dublin, except for v Danny and Gianni, the opponent selected trapfix on. I didn't object. You can check the results.

Anyway, for me this isn't about trapfix. It is about whether it is ok to just through a rule change, against the will of many.
Fred/Typical
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:20 pm

dnielsen wrote:
Nobody suggested changes to the rules in 2014 and 2015. Hence no vote.

pm'd you about this
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:23 pm

thor wrote:
Anyway, for me this isn't about trapfix. It is about whether it is ok to just through a rule change, against the will of many.

....but this is exactly what's happened for the past 2 years. Not sure if u r aware but theres a private forum on here for world cup organisers and all the answers are in there
Jam King

Postby Jam King » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:34 pm

thor wrote:
Jam King wrote:
thor wrote:

Hi Simon,

If I recall correctly, in all my round 1 games in Dublin, except for v Danny and Gianni, the opponent selected trapfix on. I didn't object. You can check the results.

Rule change ???????? There hasn't been a rule vote for that last two years......things are being uncovered, hence why certain regular forum attendees have gone very very very quite. All is not as it seems, plus anyway lads I wouldn't worry too much about bham getting the vote lol.