World Cup 2016 - The Vote for Location

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Robert

Re: World Cup 2016 - The Vote for Location

Postby Robert » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:16 am

Steve I didn't say any of those things. I strongly support the Birmingham bid. I was commenting on the lack of detail of the other bids. Will take this to FB I think. In fact I think I'll give it a rest posting for a few days, every time I say anything someone gets offended. The atmosphere around here has been affected by certain events over the last few weeks and now it seems everyone is super touchy.
Robert

Postby Robert » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:55 am

I am not voting and I am going to keep out of this discussion as I think time time is not right for making this decision. I also think the decisions over location and rules should be separated. I think they will end up tied together, so it becomes political, and I don't agree with that. All the bids are welcome and thank God we have people that want to host, however we don't have any details about two of the three options, where we would be playing, staying, going out, how to get there. I don't think this is how to go about choosing a location and I don't see why we are doing it so early. We should wait until Jan/Feb or later and allow for more bids and more info about existing bids.
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:11 am

Then this thread is futile and wrong. This isn't a vote for location alone. It's a vote for "my way or the high way".

I think this whole thing is rushed, and that we should stop the process, take some time to discuss it, then go again. Now, I know that won't happen, but that's the way I see it.
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
Jam King

Postby Jam King » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:03 am

Your right freshy the the whole thread is futile and wrong, trying to please everyone on here is frustrating and inevitably impossible. There have obviously been deadlines set on here, all we have done is provide a bid and details within this time frame. It's not our fault other bids have not been made or have not been substantial.

If there are no other bids then again that is not our fault and u will be left with a decision to make, the offer will not change. I know this is going against what the KOA does, but it is what it is. I hope you get more bids and someone comes up with the perfect solution that everyone can agree with. I really do.
Have the vote when u want, jan feb March...whenever... It will be the same, but if I was an outsider wanting to host and bid, I wud def be put off by the constant politics on here, you need to be made aware that the atmosphere on here isn't very inviting, I agree with swifty, someone will always take offence.

If you vote bham as a location your not voting our way or the highway, your voting to be flexible with your own game and to accomadate other kick off brothers, if u can't do this don't vote for bham, it's all very simple.
Simon K officially has the best defence in the world, not just the UK but the world !!! AGAIN!!!!!
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:38 am

Tbh, the deadline has been rushed due to the bham-bid demanding a quick decision. Please, don't argument against that.

I read what you write, both you and Steve, and I just don't agree with you in so many ways I've lost count, and I can't be bothered to rewrite the same arguments just because you keep reusing the same arguments.

Basically, if you wanted to host the Kick Off 2 World Cup, you'd be offering/bidding to do that. And you'd be open for the koa to vote for what rules to adopt and not. However, you're not. You're offering/bidding to host the Kick Off 2(with a twist) World Cup.
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Oliver St

Postby Oliver St » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:56 am

Good morning everybody!

Finally I will also have my say here after silently following all these recent discussions and fights in which I don't want to take part. I am not going to vote either. I will follow wherever the KOA goes, no matter if it is in Birmingham, Copenhagen, Honolulu with APT, KOPT or AHSHSHEBHBSHBBEBBDBEEBDZE.....I will just come and WIN :) . It's just as easy as that. I hope everyone of you will have calmed down in the meantime...

Have a great christmas!

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:11 am

This has all got rather messy...we originally posted about the APT Menu which people would have not wanted to - after all, why would you want to impose the the trap slides only for you etc.

So I then posted a solution that we intended to do....but then it seems people didnt realise we intended to use this for the tournament - I did try to make it ultra clear.

This isnt "my way or the highway" - it's actually "lets all play the way we want in a fair way with no vote and thus no-one unhappy"

Jorn, we wanted a quick decision to get everything organised and get more people to come to the world cup. Ffs, getting sick of my words and posts getting dismantled and misinterpreted here.

I came back to the forum cause I wanted to start attending world cups again and i figured, what better way to ingratiate us back into the community by doing a world cup and all the stress it entails.
If we wanted to be deceitful we wouldnt have posted what we've discussed behind the scenes, we wouldnt have posted our agreement about giving Team A the choice. We've tried to be open and transparent but all we've been getting is shit.

Did you not read my original "i don't want an elephant in the room" post? We want people to come to Bham to have a good time...if there's a vote and it goes one way or another you'll have people unhappy. So instead we tried to cater for everyone.
The way things have gotten out of hand now...it's quite upsetting to be honest with you! Honest intentions, posts stating exactly what we have planned and still getting shit on the forum.
World Cup 2009 - 8th Place
World Cup 2008 - 19th Place
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:57 am

"All you've been having is shit".

Excuse me? Your bid has been praised up, down and sideways, how on earth can you reach such a sorry ass victimized conclusion? There is one thing with your bid not good imho, and that's what you now call pleasing everyone. Well. It isn't pleasing everyone. Was I talking only for myself I'd gladly back out, but I'm not.

Tbh, I would be cool with going to a world cup with Trapfix enabled, heck, I'm even gladly gonna host it, if the vote went that way. Because you can still, within the set rules for the koa, agree to play with whatever settings you want in individual matches. It's only if the two players can't agree that the official, voted rule is trumped.
Obviously something you find unfair and as a viscous attack on you and your bid. I'm sorry you feel this way, but surely, you can't accuse me for nothing but wanting to follow the rules.
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:00 am

Steve1977 wrote:This isnt "my way or the highway" - it's actually "lets all play the way we want in a fair way with no vote and thus no-one unhappy"
Your point of view. Sorry, but I don't see it that way. We've always voted, and we've always accepted and respected the vote.

Steve1977 wrote: Ffs, getting sick of my words and posts getting dismantled and misinterpreted here.

Right back at ya...
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:58 pm

Freshmaker wrote:"All you've been having is shit".

Excuse me? Your bid has been praised up, down and sideways, how on earth can you reach such a sorry ass victimized conclusion? There is one thing with your bid not good imho, and that's what you now call pleasing everyone. Well. It isn't pleasing everyone. Was I talking only for myself I'd gladly back out, but I'm not.

So therefore I'm getting praise...and shit. So I'm getting shit.
Victimised? So was your bid not made to attack ours? Of course it was. A blind man on a galloping horse could see it was.
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:59 pm

Freshmaker wrote:
Steve1977 wrote:This isnt "my way or the highway" - it's actually "lets all play the way we want in a fair way with no vote and thus no-one unhappy"
Your point of view. Sorry, but I don't see it that way. We've always voted, and we've always accepted and respected the vote.

Steve1977 wrote: Ffs, getting sick of my words and posts getting dismantled and misinterpreted here.

Right back at ya...

Sorry Jorn, at least quote me fully like I'm doing with you.... you were saying the bid's been rushed due to us speeding it along too quickly essentially. But why we were asking for that? So we had more time to organise of course and get more people attending!
Of course you didnt have that in mind did you when slating me once again. You accused us of speeding it along too quickly when in reality we were doing this for the good of kick off.
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:16 pm

Steve1977 wrote: So was your bid not made to attack ours? Of course it was. A blind man on a galloping horse could see it was.

No, not made to attack yours, but to offer choices. Please, refrain from posting nonsense and adding meaning to my posts that don't exist.
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:21 pm

Steve1977 wrote:
Freshmaker wrote:

Right back at ya...

Sorry Jorn, at least quote me fully like I'm doing with you.... you were saying the bid's been rushed due to us speeding it along too quickly essentially. But why we were asking for that? So we had more time to organise of course and get more people attending!
Of course you didnt have that in mind did you when slating me once again. You accused us of speeding it along too quickly when in reality we were doing this for the good of kick off.

I quote what I'm answering too. How hard is that to realise? Why would I quote something I'm not talking about?
WC-Host 2014 and 2017