Discussion - Keeping the goalie on the pitch

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

dndn1011
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Re: Discussion - Keeping the goalie on the pitch

Postby dndn1011 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:51 pm

Yes, it's a shame we didn't try to do this years ago :P
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:19 am

dndn1011 wrote:Just pointing something out, in case you missed it... you can also ask me :P Steve and I do work together from time to time on stuff, and I have recovered the original dev environment and source code. So much is possible, if we work together.

That's fantastic Dino
Binary
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Binary » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:28 pm

dndn1011 wrote:Yes, I also have the PM source code. So yes this is also possible. But I have Revival at the moment, so it will have to wait :D

Yes and I'm sure the Revival port to PC is on top of your priorities too, right? :D O:)
World Cup 2015 Bronze Cup/Steve Screech Cup Winner

aka "The Kick Off 2 Hustler" and officially the best Portuguese Kick Off player living in Ireland.
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Danny D » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:18 pm

Binary wrote:
dndn1011 wrote:Yes, I also have the PM source code. So yes this is also possible. But I have Revival at the moment, so it will have to wait :D

Yes and I'm sure the Revival port to PC is on top of your priorities too, right? :D O:)

Technically this is possible as Dino is using Unity which can compile to anything! You want Revival on your washing machine, no problem!
Ultimately it depends on the publisher wishes though.
"We are now on the threshold of a newer movement, with a newer hope and a new inspiration."
James Larkin
thor

Postby thor » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:53 am

Wait. Is Kick Off + washing machine = No more filthy lobs?
Fred/Typical
iankay
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby iankay » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:48 pm

r.cross wrote:
iankay wrote:Trapfix was only allowed in WC 2015 if both players agreed to it??
Not that it would have got me any more points, but I never put it on, no-one ever discussed it, and I think everyone used it against me, except maybe Andy.

Well I didn't. And without knowing I'm almost certain that I (and as you mentioned Andy) were not the only ones. Robert was the only one who asked me to activate it during the tourney and I politely declined as I prefer the original mechanism. (As he did when I asked him to deactivate AUTOFIX instead :mrgreen: ).

Ah sorry r.cross, just my memory playing tricks on me, I didn't keep a record
hogstrom
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby hogstrom » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:45 am

My five cents: Im on the reciewing side regarding this goal. Thus, this way to score is hurting me during tournaments. My chances to do well in a wcup would be improved if this goal was removed (and so on...) Still...it would be so wrong removing it. I dare to suggest that some players (Chris, Nick P, Thor, for instance) have this move as one of their main ways to score. Im afraid that IF we start to remove goals, even if they may look very silly, we´re about to open pandoras box.

Thus, im against this suggestion.
By car, Kickoff2-record traveller! Ostersund/Dusseldorf +3,750 km during +55 hours
Wcups: 2005 (29:th), 2006 (15:th), 2007 (6:th), 2008 (6:th), --, 2010 (12:th), --, --, --, 2014 (5:th), 2015 (12:th)...
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:04 am

Oh my. I mostly stopped playing due to personal circumstance but even then I could have found a way, so that's kind of a convenient excuse to be honest. A bigger part was the changes which were happening to the game, which to me are unacceptable. If I want to play a more realistic football game I can play the latest FIFA, if I want to play an enjoyable video game based around the idea of football, then I can play KO2.

Having seen the messages about the UKC and then discovering that trap fix isn't enforced I was starting to look forward to the prospect of a tournament, even with the auto slide fix which still feels like a change too far to me. So I start having a look around the forum and then discover this conversation!

It should come as no surprise to anyone that I find it ridiculous in the extreme that this change is even being discussed in relation to tournament play. It's utter madness.

I completely agree with Dino that there needs to be some kind of organisation who determines the rules. The KOA has always pandered way too much to new players who can't do certain things in the game or who don't like certain exploits.

For the record, I don't know how to do the goal where the keeper goes behind the line and probably cock up the finish on the times I randomly trigger it, so have no interest in maintaining one the 'cheap' goals in my repertoire. I remember laughing at this when it happened back in the day, it is one of the many, may quirks which help to make KO2 what it is. I doubt it would have endured to this day if it wasn't for these little 'features'. In fact, we can prove that it wouldn't have endured by the way that we don't play Final Whistle in tournaments, or one of the other 'improved' versions of KO2.
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:32 am

Cheers Mark. Love your input here.

Tbh, the reason I started about this bug goes back to the initial Trapfix-discussion, dating back to 2008, at least). I just found it preposterous that people wanted to implement the Trapfix, because they made a slide when trying to trap, while this, the most obvious bug of them all, should stay in...

But, tbh, I'm as you, a huge fan of the original game.
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
kofoed
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby kofoed » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:53 am

Great points about the little 'features' and Not going for The Final Whistle.

That the KOA panders too much to newcomers could be debated. Recently we've been accused of bullying and being to harsh towards of people with new ideas.

Maybe the essence of the 'constitution' can be formulated and maybe there can be organisation which is more explicit and transparent. But this won't be pushed in place and certainly not in a short space of time with no consideration to the processes and discussions which have taken place in this forum in nearly 15 years. Also the work should be conducted by someone who understands the KOA and not some outsider with questionable motives that after a 13 year long voluntary disappearance act wants to seize control under the pretext of democracy in order to use the forum commercially to promote his new game.
Played 8 World Cups
2001:10th(out of 30), 2002:19th(26), 2006:21st(50), 2008:25th(41), 2009:10th(34), 2010: 11th(46), 2014: 11th(26) 2015 8th(38).
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:22 am

Quality post, Jacob.

Remember Steve Screech, the only ANCO employee who actually cared about the KOA? In the months that preceded the 1st Kick Off 2 World Cup, the one that he organized, he lay down a few simple ground rules for the competition: One of the very first ones was, "The referee's decision is final". As in, "every goal counts". We have come a long way since then, a lot of things have changed, but we've managed to hold on to that one simple rule like gospel. This should never, ever, change.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:26 am

kofoed wrote:Also the work should be conducted by someone who understands the KOA and not some outsider with questionable motives that after a 13 year long voluntary disappearance act wants to seize control under the pretext of democracy in order to use the forum commercially to promote his new game.
Definitely. I would certainly not suggest that Dino should be making the decisions for the KOA.
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:54 am

Jacob; well said. I agree.
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music