Discussion about bugfixes and enhancements for upcoming World Cups

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

alkis21

Re: Discussion about bugfixes and enhancements for upcoming World Cups

Postby alkis21 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:10 am

dndn1011 wrote:I'd just like to point out that the keeper going behind the goal can probably be fixed in a way that does not prevent the swerve goal.

Please elaborate, do you mean that he will stay on the pitch but the ball will go right through him?

I mentioned this particular goal as an example by the way, I'm not necessarily singling it out.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
thor

Postby thor » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:15 am

Lee W wrote:no one said anything about banning any type of goal Alkis

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I think what you are missing is that these are all different goals (snowflakes). They look the same to you, but if you place the goalkeeper on the line, he will now save some. So you are removing goals from the game.

dndn1011 wrote:I'd just like to point out that the keeper going behind the goal can probably be fixed in a way that does not prevent the swerve goal.

As Gianni pointed out, if you place the keeper on the line and make him a "ghost", you are taking away the visual clue that the goal is open. If you look at games by the various World Champions you will see that they have the ability to abandon situations where others would continue an attack that is DOA. This is one of those things that separate them.
Fred/Typical
Lee W

Postby Lee W » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:21 am

9 times out of 10 he'll sail 50 feet the wrong way anyway, so it can't possibly stop people scoring the narrow angle goal, but 1, every now n then, will get saved... i don't get how that can't be fair... but hey ho, i just figured it should be an option in the APT menu at least, but that gets ignored every time so i just give up, tired of the behaviour
Filthy Lobber-Lee Snow; the basterd son of Camber.
Lee W

Postby Lee W » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:22 am

yeah thor, forgive me for thinking that exploiting a bug to score a certain goal is unfair, my bad
dndn1011
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby dndn1011 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:23 am

It is well known, that he who tries to keep hold everything is likely in the end to have nothing.
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:41 pm

What if the Goalkeeper is going behind the goal for a reason?

What if, for example, he has a basket full of baby kittens who he needs to feed.

Who cares for the Kittens when he is gone people? has anyone considered this in all your bickering?

You Kitten Haters the lot of you!! damn you all to hell!
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:08 pm

Maybe for future releases there could be an option to play with Final Whistle Keepers or a ‘S’ option for smarter keepers.
I don’t agree with any of this btw but appreciate some do
World Cup 2009 - 8th Place
World Cup 2008 - 19th Place
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:40 pm

I've been reading all the input on the forums these last days, and I can honestly say that my stance has been swaying from side to side, but eventually I've landed on a conclusion for me;

KO2 is the game I love. Faulty as it is, full of quirks and errors, bugs and flaws; it's the game I love. It's the game I keep coming back to. I try to play other games, both different sports-games and action-games etc, but the only constant game for me has always been KO2. I've loved it from the moment I started playing it, and I still love it. And through my love for this fantastic game, I found this place, this group of people, these nutters who love the same game I do, who share my interest. And through this that I also made loads of new friends, from all over the continent. Some I see on a yearly basis, some not that often, but every time I see them I feel such a love for both KO2 and the KOA, for bringing us all together, giving me so much joy in my life.
And I from that it becomes so evident to me that we shall stay away from making changes to the game. KO2 is perfect in it's flawed self. Look, we've removed the bugs that was meaningless (throw in going to the wrong team, corner kicks being taken on the wrong side of the field, stealing of subs, red-carded player coming back for the second half), they don't affect the gameplay at all. Camber has evened out the difference between Team A and Team B, so the two are now more or less totally equal. This means we can play one legged games, making it possible for us to play more opponents. He's also made it possible for us to choose pdb on or off. Also a difference that doesn't make a difference in the gameplay; it just ensures that those playing can play with the version they used to play with from the early days. If player 1 plays pbd it doesn't affect player 2 who plays nopbd. Perfect!
We've had the Autofix, a fix that removes the Autoslides and -headers. Not something I found needed, but I can see why one wanted them removed, as the Autoslides and -headers was not something the player could control (well, I know the best of the best players (Gianni and Alkis has mentioned this earlier) could manage to avoid their players Autosliding/-heading).
That brings me to the Trapfix. I don't think the Trapfix is an ok fix in the same way as the other mentioned fixes. Simply because it hugely affects gameplay. You can of course try to claim that if Player 1 uses Trapfix that doesn't affect Player 2 who don't use the Trapfix, but that's simply not true. The Trapfix hugely affects your ball-control and it has a huge impact on how you, as a defender, can put pressure on the attacker. It's a massive change, and I'm totally against it. I know there are other on these boards who can explain this better than I can. Please do.

The Goalie-behind-the-line-bug. Well. It's a bug. But. It's been a part of the game for 25 years. Same as lobs. And trap-move-goals, the goalies short right arm, etc. They've all been a part of the game for 25 years. The game we love.
Now, I know, I don't enjoy losing as much as I do winning. Unfortunately I lose a lot. Especially at the world cup. And I'm expecting to be hammered non-stop when going to the Italian Champs in 2016. But I still wanna go. And I still look forward to it. And I still love it. Why? Because it's KO2. And it's my friends I join up to meet with. I've accepted a long time ago I'll never be the best KO2-player, and that's fine. I'll take my heavy defeats. But by god, I can drink most of you under the table (not counting Germans...) in a heart-beat. And I wanna keep KO2 the way it is.

And remember, this is for the World Cup. What we do in local tournaments is something else.

A=B, Autofix ON, PBD-Choice. Done.
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:16 pm

And to be fair, if you don't like KO2 the way it is, if you wanna make it "better", well, as it's been said, you've got Final Whistle.
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Lee W

Postby Lee W » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:17 pm

Freshmaker wrote:And to be fair, if you don't like KO2 the way it is, if you wanna make it "better", well, as it's been said, you've got Final Whistle.

was a nice post until this tbh
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:21 pm

I guess I maybe crossed the line there.

But on the other hand, I'll start playing FW next week. So after that I'll know what I'm talking about on that part as well.
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:26 pm

Freshmaker wrote: If player 1 plays pbd it doesn't affect player 2 who plays nopbd. Perfect!

That's not exactly true, I need to defend differently when I play against PBDers (95% of total players).
To be honest this is the main reason I abandoned competitions in 2007 (ok, I returned with just for fun factor).
I still think Team A Dribble type chosen is the most balanced and fair option
dndn1011
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby dndn1011 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:42 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again. There is no single gold standard version of Kick Off 2. This is where all this preciousness is flawed, and why we need to be more sophisticated: because all this bitching on FW for example does nothing to bring in those who love that version of the game into the community. This preciousness of particular versions of Kick Off is mirrored by the preciousness of the KOA towards itself.

We get it. You love your particular flavour of the game. But to keep on and on about it and make statements that sound like ultimatums all the time is not going to fix the problem.

These problems are solvable, but not if everyone goes around saying "the solution is simple, do it my way".

Can we start having a more sophisticated discussion around here?