Proposal - Keeping the goalie on the pitch

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Re: Proposal - Keeping the goalie on the pitch

Postby Steve1977 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:15 pm

AGAINST - It's a massive change for me. I'll paraphrase what others said in the past...if we're going to ban goals then we also need to ban others. I actually agree with Jorns, "ban them all or none at all". If we're going to ban this goal then we need to ban lobs, we need to ban this and we need to ban that.
World Cup 2009 - 8th Place
World Cup 2008 - 19th Place
l00k
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby l00k » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:05 pm

ON THE FENCE

*edit

Too contentious
Last edited by l00k on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kick Off 2 Sensi 0

@lukedearden
Steve
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Steve » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:40 pm

Against, it is what it is. Its a policy by the lob brigade to cut down the options against them.... That said i'd rather play the game out the box other than th a v b bias. It could be said that the lob goal is a bug also, you shouldn't be able to lob a keeper standing on his goalline. Its the thin end of the wedge, i think you have to accept that its an imperfect game in many respects but that doesnt detract from the challenge or enjoyment
Destroyer of Glenn the bald norwegian runt and 100% win record against the big poofta Swifty when his partner is innthe same room. Ex Anco..Ex Floodlit..Ex BGS..Ex Cybersports .. Ex freelance now with Stick Sports.. Member of the anti lob brigade...Filth!
Mick C
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Mick C » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:37 pm

Hello all,

Allow me to offer a quick introduction as I am new here - I've been Lee W's KO rival since the birth of the game, some 25 years now. Crikey, where did that time go? :) I look forward to meeting you in future tournaments I may be able to attend.

Anyway on this matter, FWIW I would most certainly vote FOR. Me and Lee have discovered probably all the quirks this game has to offer and I feel the 'GK behind the line' problem would be better out of the way. I have read the discussion thread and whilst I can empathise a little with those who'd prefer to keep it, I think the argument for removing carries more weight. This type of goal will still be scored if it's removed and at least you can say the goalkeeper wasn't off having his seventh cigarette of the game.

I know the game is full of less-than-realistic moves etc and goals that can be scored with almost certainty but at least those antics remain ON the pitch. Goalie lurking behind a goal is ludicrous and I understand the author concurs. Get rid. :)
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:20 pm

Mark W says - FOR
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Lee W

Postby Lee W » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:44 pm

dndn1011 wrote:...The Keeper Running Behind the GoalLine

This is clearly a bug. It may have actually been fixed in later builds. I think it detracts from the game because it is something that can be used whenever you want and it appears that it has no defence. It also looks stupid. It's all part of the goalkeeper discussion in my opinion, but my recommendation would be to remove it in competition.

-Dino

seems like one for
Filthy Lobber-Lee Snow; the basterd son of Camber.
Binary
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Binary » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:01 am

AGAINST

Will explain it in just 2 quotes:

Steve Camber wrote:Here the goalie can be seen abandoning his goal and leaving the playing area allowing an easy goal to be scored.

I can't score this goal, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only KOAer in this situation. If you start taking away the "easy" goals you will be making the game better for the stars, and worse for the lowbies. Might as well start the WC on the quarter finals...

Torchiador wrote:This vote has been suggested to change the original gamplay. This change denies to score a specific goal.
One of the prerogatives of the KOA is to preserve the game in a way that every player must be able to train with the 2 original KickOff2 disk

This. 1000 x this. Do we want newcomers to arrive at a world cup/local tournament and realize not even their "easy" goals can be scored?

This is absurd, we shouldn't even be debating this.
World Cup 2015 Bronze Cup/Steve Screech Cup Winner

aka "The Kick Off 2 Hustler" and officially the best Portuguese Kick Off player living in Ireland.
Robert

Postby Robert » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:33 pm

MASSIVELY AGAINST.

Unless we also add in the change which allows the goalkeeper to catch easy shots at head height instead of simply letting them sail into the goal?

We could just play Final Whistle.

Or goal. Or FIFA!
dndn1011
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby dndn1011 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:20 pm

Just an FYI, that was insulting.
Robert

Postby Robert » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:18 pm

No insult was intended, though.

FIFA is the most immersive, realistic, football simulation available on the market right now. The graphics and sound are superior to anything around. The goal keepers are perfectly realistic, save lobs, don't run into the goal. If these things are what matters, let's play FIFA. The problem is that FIFA is also shit. It's boring and also highly repetitive. And Sepp Blatter is an obvious crook so why would we want to give him money.

But those goalkeepers..... flawless.

I was not proposing to play FIFA. I prefer Kick Off with all its flaws. I don't know why anyone would be insulted by that.
l00k
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby l00k » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:54 pm

Kick Off 2 Sensi 0

@lukedearden
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:21 pm

:lolo: :lolo:
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
hogstrom
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby hogstrom » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:33 am

Against
By car, Kickoff2-record traveller! Ostersund/Dusseldorf +3,750 km during +55 hours
Wcups: 2005 (29:th), 2006 (15:th), 2007 (6:th), 2008 (6:th), --, 2010 (12:th), --, --, --, 2014 (5:th), 2015 (12:th)...