16th KO2 World Cup - Birmingham World Cup Bid

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

alkis21

Re: 16th KO2 World Cup - Birmingham World Cup Bid

Postby alkis21 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:34 pm

Steve1977 wrote:We're currently discussing this behind the scenes at the moment but I want to stress, we want our world cup to be the start of us organising regular tournaments and attending tournaments. We don’t want to antagonise anyone and we want to please every all the time – it might be an impossible task but this is what we want to do.

So point blankly confirm it has to be done this way or no way wouldn’t be in our style of the above statement :)

Thank you for that encouraging feedback, Steve. To be honest I expected nothing less from you guys, I wrote my question that way because I did not want us to have any misunderstandings. Keep us updated and let me know when I can take a pick behind that curtain! :)
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Binary
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Binary » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:04 pm

Steve1977 wrote:We're currently discussing this behind the scenes at the moment but I want to stress, we want our world cup to be the start of us organising regular tournaments and attending tournaments. We don’t want to antagonise anyone and we want to please every all the time – it might be an impossible task but this is what we want to do.

So point blankly confirm it has to be done this way or no way wouldn’t be in our style of the above statement :)

Let me clear out another "issue" that seemed to have been cause for misunderstanding:

IF you don't win the WC bid (for example, if Amsterdam wins), will you continue with your plans of organizing regular tournaments, including WC 2017?
World Cup 2015 Bronze Cup/Steve Screech Cup Winner

aka "The Kick Off 2 Hustler" and officially the best Portuguese Kick Off player living in Ireland.
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:13 pm

Binary wrote:

Let me clear out another "issue" that seemed to have been cause for misunderstanding:

IF you don't win the WC bid (for example, if Amsterdam wins), will you continue with your plans of organizing regular tournaments, including WC 2017?

I'd be absolutely devastated to be honest. Since we stopped posting on the forum we do still play Kick Off but don't push it for that 4th player for tournaments. So I cant really answer that...it's not that relevant at the moment.

All the energies behind the scenes (and it's been very stressful) has been to pursue a solution so everyone is happy. I cant stress this enough, you will see the fruits of this shortly.
World Cup 2009 - 8th Place
World Cup 2008 - 19th Place
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:39 pm

Steve, I have to ask.

If you do get to Host the WC in 2016 will there be free sweets?

:)

Nice to see you posting again, and hopefully hosting again.
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Robert Swift

Postby Robert Swift » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:17 pm

The last World Cup in Birmingham was right up there in terms of organisational perfection, along with the first Voitsberg and (ahem) Rickmansworth 2006. It's also the one where I finished 5th (I know, I mean like, really!!) so it must have been good.

I would love to see a World Cup in Birmingham again, as it would be well-attended and well-organised. Steve, Garry, if there is anything I can to do help, let me know.
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:59 am

durban wrote:Steve, I have to ask.

If you do get to Host the WC in 2016 will there be free sweets?

:)

Nice to see you posting again, and hopefully hosting again.

It'll be sponsored by Haribo!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:07 am

[quote="Steve1977"
It'll be sponsored by Haribo![/quote]

Oh maaaate ;) That's what I wanted to hear ;)
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
iankay
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby iankay » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:59 pm

Hey guys,
I went to the Football Museum next to Manchester Victoria station last weekend (free entry but with lots of polite signs asking you to please donate £3).

www.nationalfootballmuseum.com/whatson
There's a football computer game exhibition on until 3 June 2016. It has about eight different games you can play, from 1980s paddles sliding up and down, to latest FIFA. Unfortunately Sensible Soccer was out of order. I had to resist the temptation to steal the Zipsticks. Even more unfortunately, there was no mention of Kick Off, except for a 20th century rejection letter to the developers of Championship Manager, from a software company, saying their game needed more live action to compete with the likes of Kick Off.

I asked to the duty manager if there would be any chance of putting posters up, or leaving leaflets around, advertising the Kick Off 2 World Cup. He said probably, but it would be up to the curator (coincidentally named John O'Shea) and he's given me his email address. Worth me emailing him to ask and putting him in touch with one of you? (Obviously same applies to the UK Championships; although I did overhear some visitors from Germany, and perhaps Poles and Scandinavians)
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:38 pm

Nice work Ian - could you PM me his details please?
iankay
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby iankay » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:58 pm

Steve,
I've emailed him, thought I should check with him first, will do when/if I get an affirmative reply