World Cup rules

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

kanu2021
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

World Cup rules

Postby kanu2021 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:13 pm

Hi all

I didn´t know anything of kick off 2 world cup!!! its incredible... 15 world cups and I didn´t know anything! Me and a friend want to participate but this year is imposible (we were thinking about that 2 weeks but finally we cant) and we want to know what rules do you use in the world cup
back pass rule? ko lob goal disabled? pbd on/off ...

And I know you play kick off 2 CV and maybe can help me with one question...what is AUTOFIX on/off and TRAPFIX on/off? I just know what PBD is

We need to train for the next year world cup :D

thanks and sorry for my bad english
Samu
Freshmaker

Re: World Cup rules

Postby Freshmaker » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:54 am

Hey mate. Welcome aboard :)

We don't enforce any rules about back-pass, lobs etc. I you wanna lob, you lob. ;)
Pbd is freedom of choice. If you prefer pbd on, you play with it on, if you want it off, you turn it off. It only affects your teams ball-handling. Your opponent has the same opportunity for his team.

Autofix - Removes auto-slides and auto-headers.

Trapfix - Removes the slide a player will make, if two players are running next to eachother, and the one currently holding the ball tries to trap it. Does so you actually trap it, rather then slide. (Steve, is this a good enough explanation?)

Current rule-set about Autofix and Trapfix (the rules that have been in action for the last few years) is that we play with Pbd-choice (you choose for your own team), Autofix ON, Trapfix OFF (but if both players agree, you're free to play with Trapfix ON).

I think that's about it :)

Feel free to take part in discussions, ask questions, enjoy the forums, join the World Cup, host tournaments... ;)
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
Lee W

Postby Lee W » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:49 am

hehe imagine Steve's face if lobs were banned :lolo:

oh wait... mine too! :yikes: :dead:

Welcome aboard tho bud, shame ya can't make Dublin, will be a riot!
Filthy Lobber-Lee Snow; the basterd son of Camber.
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:23 pm

Which country do you live in, guys? Maybe you can join a local tournament instead of waiting a whole year for the world cup.

Freshmaker wrote:I think that's about it :)

Not quite!

Here's a complete set of the World Cup rules, apart from the ones Freshmaker mentioned:

1) Each game's duration is 2 halves of 5 minutes.
2) Random referee*
3) Normal pitch*
4) Wind off*
5) Team A Vs Team B, International Skill Level
6) Team A = Team B in all matches
7) Yellow Vs Dark Blue kit design setup
8) Defaults scanner size*
9) Aftertouch On
10) 100% speed
11) Default lineups
12) Tactics allowed are: 4-2-4, 4-3-3, 4-4-2, 5-3-2, Balanced, Blitz, Falcon, Lockout, and can be selected any time during the game. Pressing SHIFT + 1,2,3,4 respectively selects the last four.
13) If the Amiga crashes at any point during the game, the players should begin a new game starting with the same score they had at the time of the crash and for the approximate duration of the time
that was remaining. If the players and the people who were watching the match cannot agree on the time of the crash, they should play for the maximum time the agree on. (Ie: If player A says there were 4 minutes remaining and player B says there 3, they will play a 4 minute game). In any case, the score will not change; it will always be the score they had at the time of the crash. If some players were sent off before the crash, they will remain off the pitch. We expect the players to be honest and base their estimations on fair play.
To remove a player from the pitch, pause the game, press ] and use the cursor keys to select him and R to remove/return him. To change the time remaining, press ] again and use the Time Menu.
14) In leagues, the players will be sorted by:
a) Most points
b) Most points in the match(es) between them
c) Most goals in the match(es) between them
d) Greatest goal difference
e) Most goals scored
f) In the unlikely event of a tie in all of the above, a playoff match
15) In knockout matches, the winner is the player who scores the most goals (no away goals rule). If both player have scored the same number of goals after the two games, they should play two halves
of extra time (1:40 min each). If the score is still even after extra time, qualification will be decided on penalty kicks.

When you start the second leg of a playoff match, you must pause the game at the beginning and use the cursor keys to activate the “second leg” option and set the score of the first leg. If the aggregate score after the two matches is a tie, overtime will start automatically.

* These rules may change if both players agree, but if you do change them please remember to set the options back to default before leaving the Amiga.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Lee W

Postby Lee W » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:06 pm

alkis21 wrote:Which country do you live in, guys? Maybe you can join a local tournament instead of waiting a whole year for the world cup.

Freshmaker wrote:I think that's about it :)

11) Default lineups

So we have to put up with Barrett? noooo!!!
Filthy Lobber-Lee Snow; the basterd son of Camber.
kanu2021
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby kanu2021 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:58 am

We are very good players we thought until we saw world cup videos on youtube... definitely we need to learn some movements :D, something about tactics because we played with 424 tactic always (I have read something about that) and we need to play tournaments with other people but we dont know anything about local or online tournaments. Is there any active online tournament?
and last question: in the world cup, you have to go with your own amiga joystick?

thanks for the world cup set rules and thanks for trapfix and autofix explanations!

we are from Spain
Samu
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:29 am

Alkis; thanks for correcting. In my mind it would be plenty to answer the direct question. But yes, your answer is definately more correct :)

Kanu2021:

You bring your own joystick, yes.
Spain; cool!!! Where in Spain, if I may ask?

We've been wanting a Spain (Barcelona) world cup, but our only current and relative active spanish member is from waaaaay down south.

There are possibilities of playing online, but others can provide better and more accurate answers than I can. There are no active turnaments, but there is quite a bit online single games activity.
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Danny D » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:47 am

Freshmaker wrote:Spain; cool!!! Where in Spain, if I may ask?

Don't forget, Jaume Perello is joining this world cup. He lives on Mallorca I believe.
"We are now on the threshold of a newer movement, with a newer hope and a new inspiration."
James Larkin
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:06 am

#FACT!

We need the Mallorca World Cup!!!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:22 pm

Now are coming out of the closet the spanish players? Now? :roll:

Hopefully we will meet in WC2016. In the meantime, if you need some info about all this, you can pm or phone me :)

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO.
kanu2021
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby kanu2021 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:09 pm

I live in Malaga... a very good place for WC2016 but I am a bad host :D

I hope we can play many online games. People play with FSUAE? Kaillera?

Rodolfo: ok

thanks!!!
Samu
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:14 pm

Coño, pues no estamos tan lejos, yo soy de Jerez

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO.
Tripod
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Tripod » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:32 am

Incredible that still new players turn up. And I thought I was late to the party when I joined in 2002. :)

As you can tell from his signature, Rodolfo declares himself FEKO #1 - FEKO standing for Federacion Espanol de Kick Off (which he of course invented). So make the trip to the old border town and dethrone him! :)
WC Performances 2003: 28/31 - 2004: 14/43 - 2005: 17/63 - 2006: 31/50 - 2008: 12/41 - 2009: 14/34 - 2010: 24/46