Bournemouth International UKC KO2CV 10th Birthday BeachParty

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Re: Bournemouth International UKC KO2CV 10th Birthday BeachP

Postby Danny D » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:46 pm

Sorry, I "misspoke" as politicians do . I meant to say that I HAD pmed you historically. :)

You may change you mind about travelling abroad for the WC, you never just know :)
"We are now on the threshold of a newer movement, with a newer hope and a new inspiration."
James Larkin
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Danny D » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:41 pm

1 month to go, now where is that zipStick !

Q: Is there any price advantage in booking rail tickets in advance? I'm guessing there is but if not then no point in committing myself to specific trains this early in advance.
"We are now on the threshold of a newer movement, with a newer hope and a new inspiration."
James Larkin
iankay
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby iankay » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:12 pm

Danny,
I'd have a look. Depends on demand. I'm paying £138.10 First Class Advance Single from Sheffield to Bournemouth on the Friday (I like the legroom) and £77.50 for First Class Advance Single Bournemouth to Sheffield on the Saturday. Like you say, you have to get that exact train, if you try and use them on another train they'll make you pay for a new ticket. But may be worth it, First Class flexible off-peak ticket on same trains would have been £289.60.
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Danny D » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:22 pm

Thanks for the advice. Wow, those train tickets are hugely expensive. My flights cost a pittance in comparison!
James Larkin
Logos

Postby Logos » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:53 pm

Thanks for the info Ian, wow, that is expensive.

Danny, an alternative might be to use the National Express coach service from the airport to Bournemouth? I know that National Express have a route to Bournemouth train station.

Also, for those of you travelling to Bournemouth train station, please give me a ring when you arrive if you want a lift to the hotel.
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Danny D » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:53 pm

Nice one for the update Logos. I like the train however if the bus if significantly cheaper I'll get the bus. Either way, I'll end up there on Friday afternoon

Less than 30 days to the UKC , I'm getting butterflies here.Anticipation that I haven't played KO2 in 10 years or so.
James Larkin
iankay
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby iankay » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:02 pm

Hi all,
can we have a reminder about the rules, are they decided already? I remember we all stick with the default player line up (although we can bring on one or both of the default subs during the game), we can all change as many times as we want during a game between any of the eight tactics (424 433 442 532 blitz falcon balanced lockout), and we both play on International level. Can each player choose whether to use Penalty Box Dribble? Then there's the sliding tackles if I remember rightly; the first that that stops your player in control sliding when you press fire after your opponent touched the ball last; and the second that stops your players not in control from doing sliding tackles of their own accord. And anything else I've missed!
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:41 pm

You remember correctly :)
As for PBD/slides you can choose what you want there.
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Danny D » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:45 am

Almost time ...

James Larkin
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Danny D » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:15 pm

I'd like to drag up an oldie from a post in 2005

"These statistics don't lie.This is the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Lord. Robert 'almost a great player but a little lame' Swift has come last in 1 tournament! Last I tell you.Imagine the ignominy ! :) 'Super Runty' Danny has never come last in any tournament.

Therefore according to these statistics: Danny is better than Robert => Robert is runty!"

I look forward to meeting and beating Robert Swift in sunny Bournemouth
James Larkin
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:34 pm

hahahahaha! Game on!
-----------------------------
Jørn F.M.
Founding member of FÖKOF (and FAKO).
The Aftertouch Podcast.
Wayne's and Nick's Carreer Ender
Manager of The People's Lockout!
Il portiere è mongoloide!
Logos

Postby Logos » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:27 pm

It's almost time and it's not too late to join the fun in Bournemouth! :hors:
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Danny D » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:54 pm

Train booked, rant about Trainline.com below.

----
I've made progress, I think.

I've booked a train ticket to Bournemouth. First, let me say that http://www.thetrainline.com is a shambles. I selected a specific seat and once I completed my purchase I was told it's a free for all.WTF #1

I then selected an international visa card in the payment menu however I was forced to enter a UK postal code! WTF ! So I entered the postal code for 10 Downing St and it accepted this. WTF #2

Finally my ticket is a ANYTIME DAY SINGLE ticket however my ticket says a specific time. WTF #3 ?

So next I will book my return train journey, wish me luck.Once this is done I will hopefully have time to practice some KO2.
Last edited by Danny D on Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
James Larkin