The 2015 KO2WorldCup - Voting has ended - Dublin hosting

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Where do you wanna go for the 2015 World Cup?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:15 pm

Landskrona, Sweden
25%
Dublin, Ireland
75%

Total votes: 24
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Re: The 2015 KO2WorldCup - The Vote

Postby Danny D » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:29 pm

durban wrote:Oh and Dino is actively publicising the Irish vote, which is nice :)

Where ? Did i miss something?
"We are now on the threshold of a newer movement, with a newer hope and a new inspiration."
James Larkin
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Danny D » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:31 pm

I've been busy, very busy indeed.

If the Dublin bid is successful I have the ultimate World Cup venue in a former chocolate factory. It's smack bang in the city centre, Dublin 1. Temple Bar (party area) is a 5 minute walk as are the main tourist sites.

The space is more than adequate, one room 220 m2 in size which can be subdivided if necessary. This former factory floor give us artistic license on how to arrange the layout.

COST
I've negotiated a super price for the venue which is a significantly cheaper than hotel conference rooms. I've provisionally booked it for November 7th and 8th.

Last edited by Danny D on Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We are now on the threshold of a newer movement, with a newer hope and a new inspiration."
James Larkin
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:32 am

Seems cool! Will there be a band playing? ;)
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
Oliver St

Postby Oliver St » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:27 am

I just had a look through these pictures. This place looks amazing and utterly thrilling. We could also shoot a horror movie there. I wonder if there is some kind of central heating available by now. Anyway I don't care since I am never cold :lol: .

http://builtdublin.com/factory-26-kings ... -dublin-1/

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Danny D » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:47 am

Freshmaker wrote:Seems cool! Will there be a band playing? ;)

The KO2 band perhaps !
I can acquire a bass and a bass amp ,a guitar and guitar amp from friends, who else has instruments ?
Last edited by Danny D on Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Larkin
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Danny D » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:51 am

Oliver St wrote:I just had a look through these pictures. This place looks amazing and utterly thrilling. We could also shoot a horror movie there. I wonder if there is some kind of central heating available by now. Anyway I don't care since I am never cold :lol: .

http://builtdublin.com/factory-26-kings ... -dublin-1/

Dunno about heating but sure who needs it :) If the Dublin bid is picked myself and Pedro will take some photos to share here.

Es gibt direct fluege von: Berlin, Muenchen, Hamburg, Bremen, Duesseldorf, Koeln, Frankfurt, Hahn, Hannover, Nuremberg, Stuttgart, Saarbruecken un Memmingen. No excuses :)

There is also a nice cafe in the building http://frenchfoodieindublin.blogspot.ie ... -cafe.html
James Larkin
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:37 pm

I think checking that we'll be able to hold a nice temperature throughout the weekend would be a good thing.
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Danny D » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:21 pm

Real soccer is covered also.

How about this, a rooftop floodlit pitch about 5 min walk from the venue!

Failing that , there is another option a 5 min taxi ride away.
James Larkin
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Danny D » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:31 am

part 2: HARDWARE

The Dublin bid will address the hardware question as follows. An initial supply of Amigas will be sourced locally. This is limited and will be 1-3 Amigas. The rest will be accounted for via pledges, a member pledges to bring x Amigas with him to the tournament. We will get more pledges than required for redundancy purposes. So far I have pledges from three people :
2x A1200s
1 A500
3x Amiga 500s.

TVs: I have a pledge of 4 14" tvs, the rest will be sourced locally (purchased).

Now Pedro and myself are taking a break.
Sweden or Ireland ? It's in everyone's interests to make a decision ASAP ffs !
James Larkin
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:25 pm

It seems the Irish are doing a proper job, wanting to host this. Kudos guys.
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:00 pm

Good job Danny, thanks to have care about it.
In the beginning I was sceptical about your proposal to host a world cup there but now I believe we can have a nice world cup there.
Although I trust in your organizing skills, I really hope it will be possible to do something about the venue, agree that the cheaper the better, but I'd like to have a proper warm place to play the world cup. I don't know the equipments they provide in the place you posted but, you know, many and many solid tables are needed to, plugs for power the amiga and monitos, projector laptop, wifi internet connection to keep the world cup people in contact with their families/friends at home and to broadcast the event. The big windows I see in the pictures are very difficult to be obscured and you know, the reflections over the monitor are very annoying to the players, above all considering they will spend many hours in front of the screens. Also the lights inside aren't a secondary factor.
I know you are in contact with Robert who is a true master about all the things I'm writing now, he invented the [IQSSF] so I'm sure he can give you some advice about the matter.
I appreciate very much your enthusiasm and passion you are putting here, I hope to join a world cup in Dublin and give my support in the ways I'm using to do.
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:46 am

Quality feedback from a seasoned organizer :)
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Danny D » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:27 am

Thanks for your feedback Torchiador. I'll address the points you raised:

but I'd like to have a proper warm place to play the world cup.

It's a "proper" building , it will have heating. I'll verify this for sure. If not I'll bring suitable heaters which I already have access to.

many and many solid tables are needed to

Spoke to the building owner.The venue has as many chairs as we need however only a couple of tables. We will need to rent tables, I've sourced a company that will give us perfect tables for the tournament at around 7 euro a table for the weekend. Worst case scenario it will cost 70 Euro for the tables, I'll have to collect and return them.

plugs for power the amiga and monitors,

On the day before the tournament I will be making the require cables and running them to all the desks. I already have Euro--> UK adapters for all your guys with the funny plugs :)

projector laptop,

sorted and sorted. Also have desktop pc ready.

wifi internet connection

Will need to confirm shortly. If none will need to plan alternative wifi connection.

The big windows I see in the pictures are very difficult to be obscured and you know, the reflections over the monitor are very annoying to the players, above all considering they will spend many hours in front of the screens. Also the lights inside aren't a secondary factor.

Didn't think about this, good point. I'll investigate this when I tour the venue at the end of the month. Might need to make some big ass curtains :)
James Larkin