German Irish Friendship tournament : Juli 11 2015 KonigsWinter

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

German Irish Friendship tournament : Juli 11 2015 KonigsWinter

Postby Danny D » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:02 pm

What has happened to the Germans ?

Were the Germans the largest and most active ko2 national community ? This was the most popular country for sales of Amigas so hence they should also have the largest dormant kick off 2 community!

Sascha renewed the http://kickoff2.com/ domain on December 26th so technically he is alive and well. However the kickoff2.com forums are dead but it's not due to lack of activity but rather due to the lack of forum maintenance.

This lack of efficiency is totally UNGermanic. They need a good kick up the behind !

Last edited by Danny D on Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
"We are now on the threshold of a newer movement, with a newer hope and a new inspiration."
James Larkin
Oliver St

Re: Was ist mit die Deutschen los ?

Postby Oliver St » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:48 am

You are right. Shame on us. In 2014 we did not even make it to have a german championship tournament for the first time. If it had been up to me we would have had one but honestly I am tired of pushing people to join a tournament. Anyway there are a few germans that had temporary reasons that stopped them from playing. With these reasons being obsolete soon I am hoping for improvement in 2015.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Danny D » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:03 am

Good to hear from you Oliver St. I want to attend the German 2015 tournament ! If I can be of assistance in organisation in any way just ask!
"We are now on the threshold of a newer movement, with a newer hope and a new inspiration."
James Larkin
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Danny D » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:08 am

I will be in marvellous Germany , in Rhineland-Palatinate specifically a the start of July. Anyone around this area? Cologne/Frankfurt aren't very far. Let's get a Germany 2015 tournament happening !
James Larkin
Oliver St

Postby Oliver St » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Sounds nice Danny! In case at least 2 other of my local german "playmates" were interested and available I would be surely in for that. Is there any chance for you to come north into the cologne are on a weekend during your stay?

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Danny D » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:43 pm

Oliver St wrote:Sounds nice Danny! In case at least 2 other of my local german "playmates" were interested and available I would be surely in for that. Is there any chance for you to come north into the cologne are on a weekend during your stay?

Yes, Koeln is no problem as it's less exactly 1 hour on the train. It looks like we have 4 (me , you and your two "playmates").

What date is good ? Are we thinking of a Saturday, then 11 July is the ideal date. I won't be staying overnight, train up, play kick off 2 + beer , train back.

Btw.Do a google image search for playmates :)
James Larkin
Oliver St

Postby Oliver St » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:37 am

Hi Danny,

I will ask them. Btw the usual suspects would be Freddy B, Dirk B and Cornelius H. Maybe Thorsten B, Jan K, Frank F and Joerg P would also be interested but since they have to come a longer way I guess the chance might be rather low.

Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Danny D » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:50 am

Oliver St wrote:Hi Danny,

I will ask them. Btw the usual suspects would be Freddy B, Dirk B and Cornelius H. Maybe Thorsten B, Jan K, Frank F and Joerg P would also be interested but since they have to come a longer way I guess the chance might be rather low.

This would be great. If I can assist in chasing up these sleeping giants please let me know.
James Larkin
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:56 am

On this list I miss Wolf, Peter, Thomas...
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
Pansen
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Pansen » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:10 am

Hi Folks,

Thomas N just moved in a house close to River Rhine and only 20 km south of Cologne, a small town called Wesseling.
This tournament might be interesting for him to practice for the World Cup (registered already).

For Peter and Wolf (both teacher) and localized in Osnabrück and for me (Bielefeld, but on Family holiday in July weekends) this should be no option.

But thanks for asking..
Cornelius
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Cornelius » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:06 pm

Danny D wrote:I will be in marvellous Germany , in Rhineland-Palatinate specifically a the start of July. Anyone around this area? Cologne/Frankfurt aren't very far. Let's get a Germany 2015 tournament happening !

This sounds like a nice opportunity to dust of my joystick and have some KickOff-fun. Hope I'm still able of playing, after a 2 years break.
If wanted, I could also host the meeting, since the close by town of Siegburg got hourly fast train connections to Frankfurt and Cologne.

Would be great to have some games against Freddy too. Our last matches were all very close and a great fun. Playing against Thomas once again would be realy nice too - we already had some nice games of shame. :lol:

@ Danny : Were exactly are you staying. I'm just asking, because of transportation connections.
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Re: Deutsche Fußballmeisterschaft 2015 : July 11 2015

Postby Danny D » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:36 pm

This sounds great Cornelius, thank you for offering to host. I'll be in Koblenz, so I should be able to get off in Siegburg or else get off in Koeln and get the s-bahn to Siegburg. I'm there on holidays and can only do July 11 2015. An early start would mean I would be back earlier which would make easier to sell to herself :)

Do you know the rest of them Cornelius? Would you be able to contact them and see if they are available and want to play ?
James Larkin
Cornelius
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Re: Deutsche Fußballmeisterschaft 2015 : July 11 2015

Postby Cornelius » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:17 pm

I think with a combined effort from Oliver and me, we should be able to contact them (nearly) all.

The only problem I see is that I cannot guarantee, that I'm in germany on July the 11th, but until now things are looking good. Otherwise I have to leave it too Oliver or someone else to host the gathering. But by now, I give it a 80 % chance I'm here.