Thank you Copenhagen for WC2014

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thank you Copenhagen for WC2014

Postby durban » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:18 pm

Thank you to a beautiful city for hosting us all so well.

Your prices are high but your quality is higher!

Thanks mainly to Alkis' Bro - Jorn F - for an unbelievable effort in organising the World Cup so well.

Everything was planned and thought out incredibly well. The hotel was a 5 min and 1 min walk from the hotel, copenhagen centre was a 5 minute train ride and 1 minute walk to the hotel. Perfect balance of location with convenience.

Thanks to Allesandro and MariaChiara for being our chefs for the day - Italian hospitality at its best!

Thanks to Vilde for spending her weekend putting in results!

Thanks to Christina, Lily and Jesper for lending us Jorn for the weekend!

Thanks to Steve and Sandro for sorting out the big screen games!

Thanks to everyone who managed to get to Copenhagen and play!

And finally thanks to the Copenhagen train system for just being awesome!

Oh and f@@k you every on a bike!!!!

Really appreciated everything this weekend, nice to meet so many families - the Koa keeps growing it seems!
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Re: Thank you Copenhagen for WC2014

Postby Bounty Bob » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:05 pm

Hope everyone had an awesome weekend. One day I may return, always sad to miss the world cup.
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:05 pm

This weekend has been a rollercoaster for me, in quite a few ways. Maybe one day I'll feel ready to share it. BUT, the important thing about that, is that having all you guys here made it a special weekend in the positive way. Seeing the smiles on peoples faces, hearing the german shouting, all the friendly banter, all the support we give each other, getting to see and experience my beloved KO2 being played at such a level - and knowing I helped making it possible this weekend - is very special to me. Thank you all for turning up.
-----------------------------
Jørn F.M.
Founding member of FÖKOF (and FAKO).
The Aftertouch Podcast.
Wayne's and Nick's Carreer Ender
Manager of The People's Lockout!
Il portiere è mongoloide!
Playaveli
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Playaveli » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:34 am

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and the interesting exchange of views and ideas on our beloved footie games!
You got a great community and I am glad to have met you!
SWOS World Champion 2005, 2007, 2012, 2013, 2015 (PC), 2006, 2007, 2009 (Amiga),
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:31 am

Fantastic and unforgettable week and like most of the world cup we spent together!
There are very few cities where I would like to live. Copenhagen is among those.
Thanks Jorn, Steve, Alkis, Durban, Vilde and everyone who was involved in to run the world cup week end.
Thanks Cousin for his first world cup's pasta ever. It was a first time and it is a MUST already.
Thanks Vilde who tolerated me the whole week end.
Thanks Dagh and Fabietto that gave us the most entertaining play off match ever.
Thanks Steve that every year takes charge of the streaming. I know few friends of us watched the live streaming and enjoyed with us although they weren't in the room. this year he had the control room with 2 cameras! amazing. At the moment it is possible to view already the matches that are stored on ustream and soon we will have also hi quality video! this is a big job dudes, applause for him! without to not forget the HUGE work there is behind the KO2CV theme. applause. thunderous applause.
Thanks every one who shared his precious amiga hardware.
I would like to say thank you to every one who spent time with me this week end. It is so special to stay with you, so nice and it is a pity that everything is so fast. we should have at least a week of time. a week end is so fast...

For last, thanks to Maria Chiara! near a King there is always a formidable Queen. She saved me on Sunday near the semi finals when I was going to eat some mini pizza. That was a poison for me!!! I forgot to ask: "Che tipo di formaggio c'è nella pizza?" Luckily Queen Mary was there to save her Lion King :D Jawohl!
manicx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby manicx » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:32 am

durban wrote:Oh and f@@k you every on a bike!!!!

You are not my friend :cry:
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:39 am

Nikos, you have to know that in Copenhagen bike riders aim to pedestrians like a tiger when see a gazelle!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:44 am

Nikos,

In Groningen there were as many bikes, they were lovely and I enjoyed the lack of traffic.

In Copenhagen they come on the pavement and have no lights at night and don't seem to have any rules, they just decide to jump from the road and into little old ladies whenever they like - they are maniacs!!!!

Honestly I was killed three times in three days ON THE PAVEMENT, I decided it would be safer walking in the middle of the road with the cars and busses! :)
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
MicheleL
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby MicheleL » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:26 pm

Hello friends I want to thank you all for giving me so much fun to Copenhagen to my third world of KO2. For only one goal I did not play the final of the Silver Cup at the big screen, would be excellent for me! I can not wait to be back next year. I await with interest the appointment of the next host city. See you soon!
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:24 pm

Michele, my friend. It was really cool to see you again, and I really hope to see you again next year. :-)
-----------------------------
Jørn F.M.
Founding member of FÖKOF (and FAKO).
The Aftertouch Podcast.
Wayne's and Nick's Carreer Ender
Manager of The People's Lockout!
Il portiere è mongoloide!
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:46 pm

Oh, another thanks I forgot to mention is for Jacob, he prepared the world cup KO2CV disks and they were really professional, the label was absolutely professional, well done!
kofoed
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby kofoed » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:52 am

It was a really great weekend. This year I was very privileged, Imagine, I had a 1h 10 min drive to a World Cup that I did not arrange myself. Once in a lifetime experience!

Thanks to Jørn for his fine planning and organising of this years World Cup. The hotel, the game room and the connecting shuttle train worked really well.
Thanks to Vilde for performing those essential secretarial duties keeping the tournament going.
Also thanks to Camber for his efforts with spreading KO2-action to the masses. Not to mention his relentless work on the KO2CV.

Congrats to Jörg for the Lifetime achievement award, deserved for one of the koa:s most keen travellers.

Thanks to everyone for coming and sharing the experience of playing again. See you next year!
Played 8 World Cups
2001:10th(out of 30), 2002:19th(26), 2006:21st(50), 2008:25th(41), 2009:10th(34), 2010: 11th(46), 2014: 11th(26) 2015 8th(38).