Perhaps a reality check is in order

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Re: Perhaps a reality check is in order

Postby Torchiador » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:09 pm

I don't think you are overreacting, I think you (we) are right to be worry about, in fact very few are reading this and less are writing.
KOA should be sensitized. Organizers of the KOA are the engine, but KOAers are the fuel. This forum is the HQ for tournaments and world cups. Who has care about the world cup should visit this forum often. I don't say they must post something, but at least, when the Gathering is called, they should respond, at least to say I'm in or I'm out.
The fuel isn't just needed to make numbers for the tournaments, but, above all to motivate who has care of the KOA being in the first line to make the things possible. Things doesn't happen by their own. standing alone like a miracle. someone built it.
a little support is quite welcome. KOAers should know it.

Then, being real, we aren't made to live forever, the KOA will end too, in a pair of hundreds years.
What I can guarantee is that I have 7-9 good joysticks that should guarantee to play for 50-60 years. I don't know when my hour will come but, doing my best to avoid that, I'll be an active KOA kick off player.
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:36 pm

BTW, also here we are not playing tournaments but yesterday we had a fun Kick off night at Mario's flat.
2 amiga stations, 5 players (Troglos isn't so brave to handle a joystick again).
Sandro and Fabio a bit rusty, Alessandro won once with both the Mario bros and I scored this to Fabio:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/831775/Video%2009-04-14%2022%2026%2054.mov

TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:30 am

Nice goal and bad picture :D
r.cross

Postby r.cross » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:22 am

Both, my AMIGA and PC are are packed away somewhere somewhere in the cellar of my new house, which appears more like a ruin these days. However, the plan for a new gaming room is there, as is the will to build it :) It will even feature floor heating, ffs! Said that - I'll come to Denmark, never been there before!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:18 pm

I, like Alkis, worry about the KOA as a whole, but I don't worry about my need to meet my friends year to year.

Until I am the only person in a country hosting the WC then I will continue to come, and I know I am not alone.
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:14 pm

Eloquently put Mark.
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
hogstrom
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby hogstrom » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:00 am

Jörn, i have the danish "priest" and that danish palace-supporter on fb (both attended in our first tournament in Denmark (2006?)) - i presume they´re both good prospects to attending this upcoming Wcup in Denmark. Around these two i would like to remember that it was a few other danish players that also attended that tournament, so could be more than two in that "group". Do they know about this? Thus, should i take contact with them?

Nick and his friend is out of KO2 by now?

Also, more players is to be found in Denmark. For instance, that torunament back in 2006 (?) i recall there was another tournament in ko2 the weekend before we played at Nick´s place. Question is how we can find them though. Do you remember this Jorn? If you do, do you recall who did know about this other tournament?
By car, Kickoff2-record traveller! Ostersund/Dusseldorf +3,750 km during +55 hours
Wcups: 2005 (29:th), 2006 (15:th), 2007 (6:th), 2008 (6:th), --, 2010 (12:th), --, --, --, 2014 (5:th), 2015 (12:th)...
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:04 am

I've no idea about that tournament the weekend before. However, I am bugging Nick about the WC, and he might just turn up. The rest of Nicks crew, I hope to be able to drag out of hiding as well. :)

Besides them, I've rustled up a couple of retro-gaming crews in Cph, so I guess we'll manage to find more interest there.

Btw, for those interested, I've finally found a good priced place to hold the WC, I'm gonna go there friday morning to check it out. Trying to keep the cost low, but this will be IN Cophenhagen. It will NOT be connected with the hotel, though.
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:57 am

good work mate, the best World Cup ever guaranteed :)
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Mon May 12, 2014 10:10 am

I don't wont to sound scaremonger but it is 12 May and we don't have an hotel to book yet so we cannot book flights too.
Usually world cup pages with all details and registration forms are online between February and March.
Prices for the flight are used to rise and the more you wait the more you pay, as you know.
I know Frashman is working as a one man band and things are not easy. Anyway I think that something should be done soon. summer is at the doors, November is just round the corner.
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Wed May 14, 2014 10:36 am

I'm working on hotels these days. Expect something during next week.
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Mon May 19, 2014 11:42 am

I have just booked my flights - I will be arriving from Manchester into Copenhagen at approx 10am on Friday 31st October 2014!!!

the WC just started...stop worrying people :)
Logos

Postby Logos » Mon May 19, 2014 5:15 pm

Good job Mark, booking mine tonight.