Perhaps a reality check is in order

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

alkis21

Perhaps a reality check is in order

Postby alkis21 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:45 am

Dear 3-4 people that frequent this forum,

I think it's time for us to call a spade a spade. It doesn't look like there's much of a KOA any more. No posts are written, no tournaments are played, not even a lousy best of 10 was posted in 2014 and it's already April.

Are we certain that we can get at least 15 people to go to Copenhagen in November? Because it sure doesn't look that way at the moment.

I say we start asking people and see if we can get at least 20 to claim that they are willing and have more than 50% chances to go, before we go through the trouble of booking anything. I'd hate to see Jorn's trouble to go for nothing.

I'll assume that the following ones can be considered as definite:

1. Jorn F
2. Alkis P
3. Mark W
4. Gianni T
5. Andy G
6. Steve C
7. Rodolfo M
8. Gianluca T
9. John H
10. Dagh N
11. Jacob K
12. Torgny A
13. Oliver St
14. Christopher D
15. Sandro T
16. Alessandro V
17. Michael Ma

Does anybody else even care?
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Re: Perhaps a reality check is in order

Postby Steve Camber » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:00 pm

It's the world cup ffs, get a grip!
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:10 pm

Gianluca T. (50%)
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:40 pm

John H
Dagh N
Jaaaaaaaacob
Torgny
-----------------------------
Jørn F.M.
Founding member of FÖKOF (and FAKO).
The Aftertouch Podcast.
Wayne's and Nick's Carreer Ender
Manager of The People's Lockout!
Il portiere è mongoloide!
Cornelius
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Cornelius » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:28 pm

Although the Koenigswinter KickOff-scene suffered a heavy blow, of which it will propably not recover and although life pretty much swallowed me up during the last 2 years, I still love KickOff and I still love to meet with the great people the KOA consist of.
That's why I still (silently) follow this forum and why I am seriously considering going to Copenhagen. So don't count me out !

Beside me I could imagine that Oliver will although travel to the upcoming wc, not to speak of other germans like Joerg, Peter, Wolf and Thorsten for example. Beside that there're a couple of KickOff-palyers living in the north of germany, for whom it would be just a short trip to Copenhagen.
So even if the response in the forum is f...ing poor (blame on me too :oops: ), I think it's much to early to resignate.
Oliver St

Postby Oliver St » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:58 am

What Cornelius said. I have never been a very active writer on this forum and also on other forums but when it comes to the world cup you can count me in as well as regarding other tournaments.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:04 am

I know that Wolf and Thorsten may go, just like Frank and Freddy may go and Kostas, George and Ektoras may go, same as all of the above and many more could have gone to Voitsberg. But in the end, none of them did, and in fact never even said they would; we just assumed it. We know who MAY go to Denmark. What we need is a better idea of who WILL go. That is why I would prefer to hear from them what the chances are.
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:29 pm

For starters, let's get to know how the CPH-WC will be held.

I'm currently investegating places downtown CPH to hold it, and as soon as I've found "The Place", I'll post about it here, with a hotel to follow. All other intel about the wc (how to get to CPH, how to get around, etc) will also come.

As far as the forums as a place with lots of activity, we've lost the battle to FB and smartphones. Nobody posts long posts on smartphones, they just "Like" what others posted...
Jørn F.M.
The Aftertouch Podcast.
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:16 am

I would suggest you can add Chris to that Definite atendees, hes already asking about the UKC as he wants to come to that, let alone a quick trip over to Denmark from Norway!
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:44 am

Spade a spade.

KOAers are lazy bastards.
At least are lazy in to write. but, history says that KOArs are not lazy to move their asses. in fact, as far as I know, this is the only community that gathers a big group of players from all around Europe to play an ancient soccer video game. Perhaps other communities of video games are more loquacious than us. at least in front their LCD monitors. I think the KOA is more loquacious when is in front of a Commodore 1084S.
As it is said in on of my most favourite baseball movies: "IF YOU BUILD IT, HE WILL COME".
Jorn, if you build it, KOA will come.

Alkis, people will come Alkis. They'll come to Copenhagen for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. Of course, we won't mind if you look around, you'll say. It's only $20 per person. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the bleachers; sit in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the Amigas, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll play the game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come Alkis. The one constant through all the years, Alkis, has been Kick Off 2. Europe has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But Kick Off 2 has marked the time. This pitch, this game: it's a part of our past, Alkis. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Alkis. People will most definitely come.
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:22 am

What Gianni said ffs!
Jørn F.M.
The Aftertouch Podcast.
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:18 pm

BTW add my consanguineous players, please. where Sandro smells chicks and Alessandro smells fried chickens, they most definitely come!
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:22 pm

OK, I see that nobody else is worried so I'm probably overreacting.