Proposal - International Referee?

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Proposal - International Referee?

Postby Torchiador » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:34 pm

Should KO2CV have a new international referee?

You know, the referee, like in real soccer can have serious repercussions on the final result of the match.
This is why just the best referees are elected to rule in international tournaments as Fifa World Cup, Champions League.
Also the KOA adopted the common rule to avoid some referee because "I don't want my players is sent off at the very first foul, it was even an autoslide!".

Well, in the last years things have changed and now in all the tournaments we don't have autoslides any more, so there are no more random fouls. Sure there are still unintended fouls related to the fire button, but, as it's said, push the fire button at your own risk! Besides this, in UK tournaments the trapfix is default, and also in the last German tournaments the Trapfix has been adopted for tournaments, like the German Champs and the German international in Freiburg. It is reasonable to think that we aren't so far from some other "undesired slide free" world cups.
Just to come that, now, the slide is performed when it is intend to do so.
Another interesting point to keep in mind in this issue is that In kick off 2 there is no foul in a running tackle, although we see many times players lie in the grass after a rude running tackle.

After this long preamble, I want to come to the point.

Professional fouls or intended fouls now are quite common.

Very often there isn't appropriate punishment to the committed irregularities. Often there isn't even no punishment to the committed irregularities.
It is clear that this can have a relevant weight in the final result. it can revert the finals score.
I think that in a world cup tournament the referee should guarantee the regularity of a match. I think we have the tools to have a referee that guarantee this and I think these tools should be used.
Freshmaker

Re: Proposal - International Referee?

Postby Freshmaker » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:05 pm

An interesting proposal. I'm not quite sure I understand all what you try to say, but do you want the referee to treat everything perfectly the same, so there are no differences at all?
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:39 am

A standard pre-defined referee with a set of attributes we choose him to have?
Easily possible. I'm not sure that I can see the appeal though!
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :) https://kickoff2.net
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:42 am

I will be brief. I like fouls. I know people associate them with real football professional fouls, but it's a computer game, it's not like I am going to break anyone's leg by pushing a button. I like it when a referee is lenient and I try to use it to my advantage. So I am not in favor of this proposal.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:59 pm

I am 100% in favour of this proposal, or perhaps a slightly amended proposal for people who like the referess.

Why don't we just have a select set of standard referees, so not Screech etc.

I believe that whilst I love playing with the 'bad' referees, I do feel that there are occasions that a game can be completely ruined unintentionally from one accidental press of the button.

Although on the flip side, the removal of autoslide has tempered this argument a little also (with AUTOSLIDE enabled it would have probably become a necessity to remove strict referees eventually!)

Personally for a WC I would like to think all games are weighted evenly and the referee should NOT have too much of an impact.

Part of me felt an argument would be that controlling the referee is as much a part of the learning of the game as anything else, but as the Great Gianni is proposing I feel more confident in agreeing.

I am not saying its the right thing to do, nor that it must be done - I am just saying my belief is to agree with Gianni T.

Mark
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:04 am

Thanks for your reply, gentlemen.

alkis21 wrote:I will be brief. I like fouls. I know people associate them with real football professional fouls, but it's a computer game, it's not like I am going to break anyone's leg by pushing a button. I like it when a referee is lenient and I try to use it to my advantage. So I am not in favor of this proposal.

Ok, you don't break anyone's leg but you are committing an irregularity that is detrimental to your opponent. Above all, having a lenient/incompetent referee, the irregularity misrepresents/falsifies the match too.

If you put things in the terms you said, I think I'll have any kind of problem in to push you on your chair, or to switch your tactics while we play. It is a computer game, I'm not going to break your legs if I just push a bit your arm.
Why not?
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:04 pm

Torchiador wrote:If you put things in the terms you said, I think I'll have any kind of problem in to push you on your chair, or to switch your tactics while we play. It is a computer game, I'm not going to break your legs if I just push a bit your arm.
Why not?

:lol: What I mean is, whatever I do with my joystick seems legitimate to me, so I do not feel bad for doing it.
(and before you say it, no, hitting you on the head with it does not count :D )

That's because I think that a foul is part of the game, like lobs, BLCs, Lockout etc. In any case, I am not discussing right and wrong, I am selfishly saying that the same strict referee in all matches will hurt my game so I do not want it.

Mark, are you sure you are agreeing with Gianni? Because, unless I am very confused, you are talking about two different things. Gianni is talking about having a fixed ref that will occasionally punish fouls with yellow cards. You are talking about ditching the illogical ones like Screech and Zappa.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:19 pm

I have recently become a fan of the foul.. as long as I intended it ;)

It's all part of the game and I risk getting sent off, so a fun gamble.
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :) https://kickoff2.net
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:48 pm

:D
Using the joystick as an hammer would be a good idea indeed! but you Greeks are ahead already, probably this is the reason because all of you use iron Tomahawk joystick!

Well, using the joystick is not the only thing you do with your hands. You change tactics, fix your hairstyle, and why not, push Alkis on the chair, maybe whispering something delicious (better's nasty) in his ear.

It is clear, there is no question, fouls are definitively part of the game.
And professional fouls are part of this too.

Also the "fun gable" said by Steve is part too.

My proposal of international referee isn't to have Robocop. the aim should be a referee that guarantee the regularity of a match (as said in the main post). At the moment, the randomness of the referee's behaviour cannot guarantee this.
For example it can happen that (in the same game) I attempt 10 slides on your legs, but no one of those is even sanctioned with a foul. and on your side, at your very first slide you get a red card. Of course I'm very happy for this, but this match is falsified.
An international referee should be able to guarantee at least that in most of the situations, the game is not falsified.
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:33 am

sorry yes I am sort of Agreeing with Gianni, but I meant in my own opinion I would prefer something a little more 'random' without the extremes.

So either way I would be happy, and to be honest Gianni is the biggest fouler out there so this is why he wants a ref to be more standard so he can get away with more ITALIANO fouls in the WC :)
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:51 pm

Probably this isn't the fair play field. and probably it never will be.
Anyway, just to remind you: the Kick off 2 Official default referee is R.J. Fernandez (a quality referee btw). Practically speaking, unfair play has been introduced by the KOA

-EDIT, this is the 18000 post of this sub forum. Did I win anything?-
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:29 pm

You won the right to have me posting the 18001-post. :)

I'd go with R.J. Fernandez as fixed ref in WC-matches, but I'd also accept it if we keep it up as it is.
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music