The official Kick Off 2 World Cup page is ready!

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Re: The official Kick Off 2 World Cup page is ready!

Postby Torchiador » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:20 am

Of course this is just to annoy you! everything is perfect already. thanks for your work!
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:04 pm

Torchiador wrote:just to give some reference to my words:

Frank Luca @ Rickmansworth Final result after ET: 8-7. tell me it doesn't seem that Luca passed the turn. Passed Frank instead. the ET score was 1-2 for Frank. would be more clear, isn't it?

I guess they are two different ways of saying the same thing, there's no right or wrong. I followed the way UEFA publishes results, displaying the aggregate score of regular time + extra time. Example (see Maribor Vs PSV Eindhoven)

The way I read the above result that you posted, Frank won the first match by two goals and lost the second one by one goal, so he qualified. Writing the extra time result as a separate score does not make it more simple my opinion, because sometimes it's a draw, so one needs to add the scores anyway to figure it out. My way, you just compare final scores.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:12 pm

Probably it is just my wrong way to look at the numbers. when I see a match that reaches the ET, I immediately go to see there (ET score) to understand who passed the turn, knowing already that the first to legs gave a even result.
Instead when I see that a match is decided just after the two legs I read both the scores.
Said that I would prefer to read the separate ET result, watching it as a separate match.
I know then it isn't really a separate match (if the there is a red card in the 90' leg, he is out also in the ET) but, to me, watching the result in my way is more clear. at least to me! :D