11th ITALIAN CHAMPIONSHIP 2013 - December 1st

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Re: 11th ITALIAN CHAMPIONSHIP 2013 - December 1st

Postby Torchiador » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:32 pm

Yes, Riposa won the tournament! Alkis, I just hope that the way the results are written are good to be put in the database for the ranking!
the tournament was very nice and we had much fun all together.
I started the tournament in the worst way, Sandro surprised me showing powerful skills in defence and he scored also some nice goals. I had to climb the standing, seen that Fabio was playing very hard. I had also a 4-4 draw with Fabio and at the end of the first round (8 matches) Fabio was leading the standing by goal difference as Sandro beat Fabio too. at that point he also had the best attack.
the second round instead started with a victory and other 7 wins followed then, allowing me to keep safe my Italian Champion title, the 10th, all in a row.
Some workd about the players:

Paolo, this is the first tournament, it is clear he has skills in to master the ball and pass it, the problem is that he has a big knowledge gap with the other players, anyway, practice makes perfect, he can improve much.
Flavio: he didn't play for long time but he enjoyed much is draw with Lorenzo L. he enjoyed a lot also the kick off Sunday.
Alessandro: his worst performance ever. his defence was poor and his attack was without ideas and fantasy. he needs to play more often or he will forget the way the real Alessandro plays. the only ray of light of his Sunday went by his victory with Mario.
Lorenzo L: his lack is attack. very few goals considering how strong this player is. I think he switches too many tactics without to be very effective. probably it would be better to focus on one tactic and improve with it. may be some mess may annoy some opponent being not able to attack him in the right way. but in this way he will not catch the train of the bigs.
Sandro basically 3 years of inactivity and he was able to beat me, Fabio, to draw 7-7 with Mario and to beat Alessandro twice. I think the next world cup he will be at his best again, like Rome 2007.
Lorenzo C nice performance. his defence is very strong but, being so close it quite difficult to approach the opponent box at full throttle. Having his skills, I would prefer to concede 10-15 goals more but to score 30-40 more.
Mario Bronze medal. his attack is not in discussion, neither his amazing game style. the inquisition is striking his defence. we were used to see Mario making miracles, volley block and other amenities. this time his defence had some lacks. anyway, it's nice to see him in action, a wonderful player with amazing skills, a very nice fellow too.
Fabio Silver medal, leader for 3/4 of the tournament. he was even the best attack till the last match, when I overcame him. Fabio is a tremendous player, at times he seems unstoppable.
Gianni I was really glad to see the Kick Off House re-opened again. it was a memorable Sunday afternoon, we had much fun and this is the thing that really matter.
After that I realized way I was playing the first part of the tournament I thought that this time I had to pass the hand. Instead the second part of the tournament I kept a very high average in the results and I was able to overcome Mario first and then Fabio.

Jawohl!!!
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:10 am

I love your write-ups Gianni :-)

I sooo wanna come to an Italian Champs once...
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:55 am

I'm sure it will happen soon! so we can go together to Lambretta museum :)
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:57 pm

No, so we can go together to get you a Lambretta, with a sidecar, so you can ride around Milano with your MC and Ettore in style.
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:24 pm

Yeah! sidecar is style!
Anyway you are speaking with a Vespa man, I had one of 1968, unluckily some Grand Theft Auto player took my Vespa years ago :( but I will buy another one, sooner or later ;)
r.cross

Postby r.cross » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:49 pm

Torchiador wrote:I had one of 1968, unluckily some Grand Theft Auto player took my Vespa years ago :( but I will buy another one, sooner or later ;)

:( Same thing happened to my '78 Special 50 on my 17th birthday - quite a trauma!
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:54 pm

Vespa is ok, as long as you do it stylish ;-)
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:55 pm

Btw, I just bought a sissybar for my Lambretta :-)
WC-Host 2014 and 2017