KO2 World Cup 2013 - Your write-ups and memories.

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

r.cross

Re: KO2 World Cup 2013 - Your write-ups and memories.

Postby r.cross » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:56 pm

some loose memories:

best (most entertaining) game:
I have to choose two this year.
The 8-8 against Oliver on day one was special, I took a good lead early but fell back as he shaped up scoring one cross-header after the other. I managed the draw during the last seconds of the game, my highest draw so far and one of the most thrilling battles without a doubt. Then there was this 7-11 against Gianni on day two, we both played in bezerk mode scoring many KO2-goal-beauties - and even if the score doesn't suggest it, defensively I was OK. In fact I believe this was the best tournament shape I've ever played in and one of the most fun and spectacular games too!

most beautiful goal:
Normally I'd choose some elses goal but this year it was scored by me! It was one of my 'see - I can hurt you' goals against Alkis, the one for the 1-1. After a sophisticated dribbling he fouled me at the corner out line (I think to prevent a BLC attempt). It would have been logical to try an indirect free kick but I tried and suceeded to score directly. One of the strongest banana shots I've seen so far.

coolest newbies:
Chris and his mental coach TJ(?). Easy choice as they were the only ones. But how cool and funny were they? Come again!! Apart from that Chris is an awesome player that I managed to closely beat on day one (8-7) but only because I knew (and used) some mean tricks. On day two he knew what was coming and therefore only had little trouble to prevent my first(undeserved) semis. (4-6 and 5-10). I hope he won't but am quite sure he'll be even stronger next time we meet. Poor me.

Michael (coldie):
Good job! It's nice that you guys include me to the organizing department - it's not fair though as I only helped with some little things. It was Michaels WC and hey - thanks!

KOA:
Awesome, maybe even more so because of the fewer numbers this year. I was a little afraid that this WC could suffer in the atmosphere department but seriously I didn't notice anything like that. In fact I enjoyed every moment which brings me to...

...favourite moment:
Hard to tell but I think it was Sunday around midnight, the KOA dancing around Alkis to the Bee Gees while an obviously slightly embarrased Alkis dancing in the middle mumbling something like 'it's so gay - it's sooo gay' :lol: :lol:

Kopenhagen?:
Bring it on 8)
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:10 pm

Lovely, Michael!Thanks!
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:05 am

r.cross wrote:most beautiful goal:
Normally I'd choose some elses goal but this year it was scored by me! It was one of my 'see - I can hurt you' goals against Alkis, the one for the 1-1. After a sophisticated dribbling he fouled me at the corner out line (I think to prevent a BLC attempt). It would have been logical to try an indirect free kick but I tried and suceeded to score directly. One of the strongest banana shots I've seen so far.

I confirm that it was something special!
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:22 pm

Progress report:

WC Memories:
60% ready
Tentative ETA early next week

WC web page:
30% ready
Tentative ETA next weekend
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:24 pm

AUA?
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:04 pm

AUA?????
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:51 pm

Part 1:

T.A.R.T, the Fellowship of The Holy Shield and the 2013 KO2WC in general.

In all honesty, this must have been my best World Cup weekend ever. The joy of it started very early, as I talked to Mark about how to get to Voitsberg, and after a quick peek at the cost of plane-tickets, we found that we should fly to Vienna, and from there drive a rental-car. T.A.R.T. (The Austrian Road Trip) was born. :) So, firstly, me and Mark hired a smaller car, would be suitable for 4 people, carrying hand-luggage. Of course, we ended up with 5 tarts, so we had to change for a bigger car, but decided to stay with hand-luggage. More to come on this…

We had our chat-group on Facebook, us tarts. Mark, Alkis, Andy, Rodolfo and me. Oh, the joy!!! of getting to chit-chat ourselves up to the event, with our own little trip on the side, an added bonus to the WC-weekend. I recommend it!!!

Anyway, finally it’s WC-friday. I head off home early, with my hand-luggage. IN my handluggage I had clothes enough, toilet-stuff enough, I had the Holy Shield (I was the Shieldbearer (™) ffs!), I had my tablet, I even had my gps-navigator ffs, but I managed to room it in my hand-luggage. More to come on this… Oh, I even had 2 cell-phones, and no less than 3 sim-cards, as my phone-company had given in, and I was transferred to a new phone-company, with transfer-date being WC-friday, AND due to some cheeky circumstances they had sent me 2 sim-cards, I had only recieved 1 of them, and I was quite sure the one I had recieved was not the right one. Therefore I brought my norwegian phone, just for extra.

Arriving in Vienna, I’m greated by Alkis, and I notice his agreed-upon “hand-luggage” is accompanied by a suitcase… Great. I hope we get a station-car… A bit later Mark turns up, carrying a small backpack. Nice! This is looking good. Then Rodolfo turns up, carrying a “hand-luggage” about the same size as Alkis’ suitcase. Damned, we’re doomed… Finally Andy turns up, with proper hand-luggage - and Camber. Nicely enough, Camber sets out to be our saviour, taking in Andy in his car, meaning we’ve got room (no, we didn’t get a stationcar, we got a compact Golf). After a brief alcohol-shopping-spree, we get in the car, set the gps for the KOA-hotel in Voitsberg, and we’re OFF! Nice with 130 km/h speed-limit, but what’s with the uneven roads? Austria should have that fixed. Very jumpy.

We arrive at the hotel, check in, and get ready for the Buschenschank. What a great place, and what a great experience, to be sitting there, with people you love, and more of them come walking in throughout the evening.
My funniest memory of the night, was the look on the female waiters face when I asked her where the Buschenschanks toilet was; whe said I should go outside, and to the right. Oh, I replied, so the Buschentoilet is actually a bush? I go out, go right, and find a buschentoilet I can “go” in?
She just got all white, and started stuttering, her friend/collegue beside her started laughing, and I went out to the mens room. :)

After the Buschenschank, Andy, Mark and I headed to the bar behind the hotel, where we, as more or less, the only guests had a great time for a few hours; drinking black Captain Jack rum, with ginger ale and lime. Oh… the sweetness… Mark, of course, had to have his whiskey, but we didn’t mind. :) The waitresses was really nice, one of them was hot, the other was really friendly, so as a total it was perfect. :) So perfect, that we totally forgot to think about the day of tomorrow… Finally, the barmaid told us to leave, so we did.
Next morning came a little too early, but hey, what don’t you do, to get to sit on a wet couch to eat breakfast… While eating, I noticed my ass was wet, and for some reason, the couch I was sitting on showed to be soaked. I had to sit on 2 pillows, to make sure the water didn’t soak through. Anyway, the breakfast was good, the company was perfect, and day 1 was about to start.
We went over to the gameroom, and even though we arrived early, the cafe/restaurant/bar at the town hall, was allready nicely visited by local old geezers, having their early morning wine and beer. Cool :)

After a while, the tournament started, and as I never manage to remember all games I played, I’ll stroll through the ones that stood out.

Me vs Michael Ma: 2-3. Now, I know Michael is a better player than me, so I didn’t expect much, but as the game went on, we were really close, and I had a great chance at making a draw, but he scored one in the dying seconds. Bastard.

Me vs Mark: 3-4. I really got off to a good start, Mark didn’t. Half time, I was up 3-0, and that scared the shit out of me. And when we started 2 half, it didn’t take long before we were at 3-2, and I knew it was fucked. It felt like shit loosing that game, but at the same time, this is KO2, and a 3 goal lead isn’t safe until you’re down to 10 seconds left of game-play. I guess I should be pleased with my first half performance. :)

Helmut vs Me: 4-1. I remember playing Helmut in Birmingham, and felt that I should have a good advantage on him. Well… I had about 70 % posession, probably 100 shots, and I lost 4-1. Very good defensive game by Helmut, incredibly good attacking game by Helmut, runty by me. Easy, fair and square.

Me vs Jürg: 4-0. I’m always un-easy before a match vs Jürg, as we are so close. I think we’ve got a pretty even spread in who wins, but basicly, it’s always exiting games, with lots of fun. This time I got the win by 4-0, but really, it could’ve been the other way around. The score doesn’t reflect how even our game was. Before starting the match, we had a jägermeister, and maybe that was what calmed my nerves. I don’t know, but I was happy to win it, and it’s always a pleasure to meet Jürg and Peter. I just hope Wolf and Andreas will show up next year.

Michele vs Me: 5-4. Damn. I hate playing Michele. He ALWAYS scores 5 on me, so in order to win, I have to score at least 6. Crap.

Me vs Oliver: 2-10: Oliver is the Bastard son of the KOA. ‘nuff said. Amazing though, how Oliver goes into the zone, when playing. Very interesting.

Me vs Christopher: 6-5. Probably me very best performance of the entire weekend. I was actually happy I had managed to hold Christopher off to my last match of the day, because he was showing so much skill, but eventually I had to face him. And wtf? I beat him! I was really playing frantic, and all my headers in defence really worked out. That was 3 points I really didn’t expect, and to be able to put 6 behind his Fisher put a big smile on my face.

After the games on saturday, we had pizza, and I love it when we can eat at these places with just enough room for our group. Mark, the twat, totally ruined the night for me, and many others, when he managed to bring with him an opened bottle of The Legendary Duff Beer. For those of you who didn’t notice, be happy. It was a really ugly situation. I’m glad Moosyrakis got it sorted.
Gianni ate the worlds biggest pizza, on his own. Kudos mate, all hail the King! Then Mark proceeded to make even a bigger fool out of himselves, by ordering a HAWAII??? WTM??? Sitting with italians, he chooses pizza Hawaii… Way to go mate, ruining the night. Ffs.

But as it seemed the darkest, and that this night was ruined, in came The Germans for the rescue! Panni and Peter was going to an alternative rock bar, and off we went. Yeah!

Will Mark ruin it all? Will any others do? Or will it all come back together? More to come. :)
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:06 pm

Freshmaker wrote:[...]Then Rodolfo turns up, carrying a “hand-luggage” about the same size as Alkis’ suitcase.

Fallacy, mine was smaller and had technically hand luggage size. I only decided to check it in to travel more comfortable.

Nice memories first part, thanks. I should actually begin working on mine...

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO.
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:49 pm

WTM!!!!

Sorry for ruining your whole world cup mate...WTFM!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next time I will keep a tin of pineapple hidden in my HANDLUGGAGE!
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:17 pm

Mark: If you'd only brought the Duff in your "handluggage" mate, it would all be sorted. Carrying a concealed Duff.

Rod: ;)
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:35 am

Next time I will ensure I follow the 'handluggage only' rule and bring 3 bags, a set of golf clubs and a pushchair..... :)
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:16 am

:lol:
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:17 am

Well, I don't think it is so bad that we have late writes up, in some way it is possible to relive the world cup week end even many days (months, later :) ).
Often happens that reading comments about other friends remind me some things I forgot to say.
For example, I think that the defending skill by Klaus and Helmut should be pointed out better: although there are lacks, I saw them to make some fantastic header block on front of the goal. Besides to be very nice to see, that particular defending action requires lot of skills: positioning, timing, calm, reaction. Well done dudes, if you do so better that, I'm sure you have the number to improve more and more!

Coming back to Jorn's write up, very nice mate, waiting the rest of your experience!