KO2 World Cup 2013 - Your write-ups and memories.

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: KO2 World Cup 2013 - Your write-ups and memories.

Postby durban » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:13 pm

Sorry can I point out, I said 'poor finishing game' about the final...I didn't mean it was a poor game to finish the tournament, I meant both players made lots of errors when through on goal...the games themselves were excellent :)

Sorry my grasp of English is a bit poor at times.
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:16 pm

I also got very tired hands at the end and my boss kept coming over to my desk telling me to work...

I meant to write a lot more about day 2 games, and also about the excellent sunday night out with the KOA. It was probably the most fun night out we have ever had at a world cup, I would suggest its on a par with one or two of the nights out we had during the gloucester events many years ago!

The bar looked a bit runty when we got there but it was actually brilliant and all for us, we all had a laugh and a drink and the singalongs were awesome...the cheesy music was perfect for that night and everyone took it all in and had a laugh I think.

I still think me and jorn were poisoned by the blue drink we were given for being the last at the bar with Andy...he wasn't affected, I think he ditched his on the floor basically!
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:17 pm

durban wrote:Sorry can I point out, I said 'poor finishing game' about the final...I didn't mean it was a poor game to finish the tournament, I meant both players made lots of errors when through on goal...the games themselves were excellent :)

Sorry my grasp of English is a bit poor at times.

Don't worry, it was clear the first time, and I agree with you. Your English is fine. Except for your tendency to end sentences with a preposition.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Logos

Postby Logos » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:06 pm

My write up; not as detailed as the previous but sums up my appreciation and how I feel!

I cannot explain how much fun this annual gathering is. It feels like an annual reunion of your old school friends combined with the thrill of an epic sports tournament! The excitement of the days competition and then the fun of the night is what faces you; a most winning combination!

Thank you to our gracious hosts, Michael F and Micheal M and all the others who made this event so special. For me, everything they did was faultless, particularly the choice of bar for the last night; Some serious singing and laughing was had that night. I propose we always end WCs in a bar like that, with our own playlist and karaoke! I cannot thank you lads enough, please, please host a WC in Voitsberg again!!!

Thanks also to Gianni for the excellent software and also to Alki's epic intro presentation for each player! We all appreciate the time and effort you both put into the KOA and a WC would not be same without you two! Moreover, I am now in an exclusive club of owning 2 photos (win/lose) of Alki's adorable baby. Talking of babies, it was such a joy to see the beautiful baby and toddler of Gianni and Michael M at the venue; the future of KO2!

Must thank Jorn and Steve for taking us to Voitsberg and again to Steve for waiting for me on Monday!
Furthermore, we must thank 'The Creator' Dino for attending, great to see him again!

Regarding day 1 and day 2 KO2, I cannot really remember or provide analysis of the games, I just remember the feeling of laughing, howling, shouting and enjoying every moment with every person; even the tense and nervous moments as I actually love that feeling! Win, lose or draw it was all fun to me and just adds to my cherished KO2 memories.

It was a real pleasure to meet, compete, drink and sing with you crazy mother-f....rs!

We have quite a few karaoke duets lined up in Copenhagen.

"I'm waiting in my cold cell as the bell begins to chime.....!"

Yours,

The GILF hunter
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:21 pm

GILF-hunter!!! Hahaha!!! :lolo: quality, and true :lolo:
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:09 pm

Lovely writes-up dudes, thanks!!!!

About the software we used, I'm very happy about it, although we had problems again and we went long on the time table, I think that overall it passed the world cup test.
The way the things are displayed are quite good, although the program displays info with Italian acronyms , I think that people understood everything.
The way to give data to the desk, helped very well the desk men to insert data. Desk men appreciated much how easy is to insert and modify data. Easy indeed.
I realized (later) that I could fix the problem that we had in just few seconds. unluckily I was thinking on the hard and long way in the matter but I could easily arrange the things on the fly, overriding everything in the way we wanted.
The program is actually perfect and I think it could be adopted for world cups to come. :)
Oliver St

Postby Oliver St » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:19 am

As you all might now I never wrote long stories about the world cups I have attended but this year I intend to share my impressions and thoughts of this amazing event. Probably I will only get it done after the german championships that are going to take place this saturday but you can definitely expect me to provide you some stories.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
r.cross

Postby r.cross » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:45 am

Oliver St wrote:As you all might now I never wrote long stories about the world cups I have attended but this year I intend to share my impressions and thoughts of this amazing event. Probably I will only get it done after the german championships that are going to take place this saturday but you can definitely expect me to provide you some stories.

You have German Champs this year? I'm jealous!!
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:29 am

That's a good question, are these German Champs a secret? :shock: First time I hear about them!
Oliver St

Postby Oliver St » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:41 am

Yes, these german champs have really been scheduled on short notice. I had been asking about the german champs on the german forum already in July. Weeks went by but nobody replied to my question. Then I contacted Thorsten and Frank but first none of them was interested neither in hosting nor in attending a german championship tournament. After that I decided to host at least a small end year tournament in La Preux (Volkenrath) with my local Kick Off mates Dirk, Freddy and Cornelius. By now Frank, Thorsten, Jan K and an ancient schoolmate (Martin M, had already attended a tournament in 2008) have comfirmed their attendance. It looks like we will be 8 players on saturday to fight for the german champs title in La Preux :D .

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:46 am

It's awesome that we'll have both German and Italian Champs this month! Can you please start a thread to make it official?
Oliver St

Postby Oliver St » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:57 am

I will start an official thread posting the results after the tournament.

Logos

Postby Logos » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:01 am

Enjoy! If this is ever open to foreign players in the coming years, count me in, too much fun to miss out on!