KOA Funding - 2013

Kick Off Association talk + website Updates, like or dislike

Moderator: Moderators

durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

KOA Funding - 2013

Postby durban » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:40 am

Dear all, usual reminder you know the drill.

Link to the KOA Paypal account is on the front page (Home Page)

Costing considerably cheaper this year as I moved our package whilst remaining on the same server.

So, KOA is cheaper to run again this year than last

Donations are NOT expected, nor are they critical to the running of the KOA. We just put this reminder out each year that you have the OPTION of donating (all year round if you wish) towards the cost of running the KOA - its completely up to you but any donation small or large is ALWAYS appreciated and one day I will even buy Nikos some sort of gift for all his help.

Obviously due to no-one visiting the KOA anymore I don't expect a rush on the banks.....

The past couples of years I have been asked to provide 'running' costs for info - So here you go.

Bandwidth : Approx 5.7Gb per month (considerably lower than previous years - which is sad as this is now FREE/UNLIMITED)
    Disk Space : Approx 1.2gb (up about 0.5% on previous years)
    SQL Databases : 5 (New database created for 2013 WC registration and will be used for all future reg pages)
    [b]SQL / Site Backups : 3 x daily (and sent to secondary host 2x per week)
    SQL Size [/b]: Approx 14.9mb (uplift of around 0.3% year on Year - not much)

Based on this you would be looking at paying approx £4.99 per month for the Space/Bandwidth

Another £2.99 on top to cover the SQL databases and offsite backups.

The cost of the server is approx £20 per calendar month, and the KOA takes up approx 30% of the space/bandwidth of this server so the prices above are quite good valuations.

Thus taking them into consideration we are looking at approx £8 per month to keep the KOA running on the servers alone, which equates to approx £96 per year (however in reality most of these costs are covered by other aspects of the server)

In terms of spending the Money, last years money was used to help fund the UK Championships to keep overall costs down for participants (I think we ended up paying about £16 each, the KOA paid around £70 to the tournament so thank you!)

Mark
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
SimonB
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Re: KOA Funding - 2013

Postby SimonB » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:59 am

Link to a Paypal account or something to make a donation?
Birmingham 2011 World Cup: 15th best player :)
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:30 am

oh yeah...its on the front page but I have updated my POst above.
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Freshmaker

Sv: KOA Funding - 2013

Postby Freshmaker » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:17 pm

Not sure I can afford any this year, not that I use to contribute with loads, but finances are really shitty for the time being.
-----------------------------
Jørn F.M.
Founding member of FÖKOF (and FAKO).
The Aftertouch Podcast.
Wayne's and Nick's Carreer Ender
Manager of The People's Lockout!
Il portiere è mongoloide!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:48 pm

Its not expected, its just put up each year to make us sound like we are a professionally run organisation.

we have already had two generous donations already, you can pay by making breakfast in Austria ;)

Mark