German International Tournament 25.May.2013

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Re: German International Tournament 25.May.2013

Postby Torchiador » Fri May 31, 2013 3:39 pm

Some comments about tournament and players.

In this tournament I played with 3 new players: Gianluca P, Horst L and Michael E reaching #124 opponent players.

About Gianluca: you know, I've been a good master for few players who had very good results in their career.Take Sandro, he was last in Milan 2004 and he got the semi finals 3 years later. Well, Gianluca will be my masterpiece. Gianluca will be my Sistine Chapel.
Jan needs a bit to learn the way to pass through Fisher. of course it isn't easy to improve if you don't have a sparring partner
but, watching some video (the tutorial posted by Dagh is a valid start) and play some practice mode is a very good point to start to kill Fisher. to be deadly in front of the goal keeper is something that hurts against everybody.
Horst knows a bit better the game but the comment above is applicable here though.
About Cornelius, in my opinion in the whole group he is the one who might do the best jump ahead. The force is strong in this one.
He isn't only good with his bondage joystick but he has also some solid routine.
Michael E is a fast player with a good play and a nice finishing style: a special 45° angle shot with aftertouch.
Thorsten is changing style and improving step by step, now is less randomized play and more focused to play consistent actions. I saw few KOR and a couple of them are very effective. One of the point to get many goals is that you can practice in Kick Off Routines. All the pains he had in the past are now his new power.
Helmut confirms his attitude to be a Bounty Hunter, as rightly awarded in Milan 2012 getting the Gianluca's scalp. this time was the Frank's turn.
Klaus. the first game we played was very tough. for 7 minutes the game was very open on the 4-2 count. he made also a couple of amazing header save in front of the goal, showing great timing skills. In the end I slipped moorings but it was a good battle. we cannot say the same in the second match that we had, where I played fast and furious.
Frank wasn't in his best form but that was enough to beat his arch rival Alessandro once.
We had 2 nice matches, both were close in the first half but in the second halves I found an extra gear.
With cousin I had the hardest game. the 9-5 score hides many difficulties behind, above all because I had to follow him for long time in the game.

I make voice also for Gianluca who said thanks to the tournament organization and the KOA whole to be such a nice community.
Thanks again to Thorsten and everyone who joined this nice tournament and spent with us this memorable week end!
I wan't to say thanks also to Maria Chiara who encouraged me to join this tournament although she is 9th month pregnant and the same is for Valentina for cousin (pregnant too).
Thanks to Cousin and Gianluca to share with me this nice journey!
Long life to the KOA!
kRadD

Postby kRadD » Fri May 31, 2013 4:52 pm

Nice words Gianni. For all the new german players (maybe the day will come you reach the number of opponents I had :-) it's allways great to see what the elite players from abroad are able to get out of KO2. Most of the time it's chance the view on the game.

Thanks to Valentina and MariaCiara. Allessandro and Gianni are so lucky to have such wifes.

Hope that Gianluca will continue to play KO2. Comming from the button is also a nice challenge.
r.cross

Postby r.cross » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:05 am

Torchiador wrote:Image

:shock: :lol: Is this Cornelius'?
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:52 pm

Great pictures, great words and clearly a great time. 8) Congrats to the organisers, all the players and of course to the champ.
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
TheTimeLord
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby TheTimeLord » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:46 pm

@r.cross
Yes, it's Cornelius's stick.
The TimeLord [tmL]
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:28 am

This is surreal. I wonder if Cornelius screws his hands on the joystick, and himself on the chair, and the chair on the floor for ultimate stability.!
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:16 pm

alkis21 wrote:This is surreal. I wonder if Cornelius screws his hands on the joystick, and himself on the chair, and the chair on the floor for ultimate stability.!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oliver St

Postby Oliver St » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:20 am

alkis21 wrote:This is surreal. I wonder if Cornelius screws his hands on the joystick, and himself on the chair, and the chair on the floor for ultimate stability.!

As a funny contradiction Cornelius' joystick itself is very free moving and worn out. In my opinion it's very difficult to carry out precise movements with these properties but everyone has his preferred settings in this matter.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
Neewalix
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Neewalix » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:25 pm

Hi there,

to make it short, you can find some of my photos here: http://flickr.com/gp/96619201@N04/29j899/ (hope that works).

Many thanks to Thorsten for all the organization and the sight seeing tour, and Michael for his assistence in Freiburg.

jk
kRadD

Postby kRadD » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:06 pm

Great pictures Jan!

A good selection that shows the intention of the tournament. As Gianni said in his winner speak, we met in Freiburg because we wants to meet our friends. We had 2-3 days of discovering Freiburg and the black forest, had some nice unfriendlies in the night and a intensive tournament.
TheTimeLord
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby TheTimeLord » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:03 pm

@Jan K
The Link to your pictures work properly. They are well selected and of high quality.

I now tasted our gifts from the brewery (a small selection of bear brands) and the bear tasted much better than on the day where we played table soccer. Also the lemonade bear was surprisingly well to drink for me.

best regards
The TimeLord [tmL]
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:33 pm

Wonderful pictures, Jan! thanks for sharing!