What's YOUR best goal stat so far ?

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

What's YOUR best goal stat so far ?

Postby durban » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:27 pm

Garry mate I may be wrong here but in that clip of Simons epic bounce-lob there is another goal 2 spaces or so above that seems to indicate a shot speed of 36 m/s.....which beats the record considerably....unless im missing how thats calculated of course :)

There is also a 35m/s goal as well so quite a record breaking encounter one feels!
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Re: What's YOUR best goal stat so far ?

Postby gdh82 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:43 am

r.cross wrote:I think the distance was similar, but I remember clearly that it has been a direct shot, without ground contact.

Thanks Mike. Thinking about it, I'm unsure it's actually possible to lob from that kind of distance (i.e from your own half) without the ball bouncing. If you could somehow repeat this super lob I'd be keen to see more. :)

durban wrote:Garry mate I may be wrong here but in that clip of Simons epic bounce-lob there is another goal 2 spaces or so above that seems to indicate a shot speed of 36 m/s.....which beats the record considerably....unless im missing how thats calculated of course :)

There is also a 35m/s goal as well so quite a record breaking encounter one feels!

Well spotted Mark but you're right to be unsure. As I said to Mike, those goal stats are 'old money', based on the more generous pre-KO2CV 1.0 conversion ratio (1:10) so cannot be taken at face value.
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:18 pm

ok mate, I thought it was that but then presumed it was a recent game thus the reason the lob was included...but I now see you converted the distance actually shown :)
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
r.cross

Postby r.cross » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:16 pm

gdh82 wrote:
r.cross wrote:I think the distance was similar, but I remember clearly that it has been a direct shot, without ground contact.

Thanks Mike. Thinking about it, I'm unsure it's actually possible to lob from that kind of distance (i.e from your own half) without the ball bouncing. If you could somehow repeat this super lob I'd be keen to see more. :)

Alright, I just spent 20min hammering practice mode lobs to Fisher, and was far from repeating my hyper lob. However I scored two ball bouncers, and hey, they were over 70m. Which can't be. Could it be that the KO2CV from the UKCs '08 used the more generous convertion ratio? Otherwise I'll have to start doubting my memory... :shock:
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:01 am

The conversion ratio hasn't changed.
I believe you would need to use a really bad player to score a very long lob. Lindsay for instance. Nicholls and Barber do not add such random amounts to the kick strength.
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :) https://kickoff2.net
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:16 am

What Steve said. Lindsey and Scott are, probably, your best hopes on re-doing it. I've scored on some massive lobs with Lindsey over the years...
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:25 pm

Sorry if I'm mistaken but I believed the calculations/pitch dimensions (from 1:10 to 1:7.65) had changed as per Gianni's comments in this thread. You'll see he offers a conversion of the old into the new, or am I missing something? Wouldn't be the first time. :)

Torchiador wrote:
gdh82 wrote:Not only have I not seen a goal scored quite like this before, it is uncannily like David Beckham's wonder goal from yesteryear!!! The credit goes to Simon K for this goal with a record breaking distance!!!!!! 8)

David Beckham scores from his own half

David Beckham scores from his own half in KO2

76.4m!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: 8)

After recent pitch calculus I can say that you scored from 58,27m!
But, about this accuracy I think that we must wait CV1.00 ... :)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:34 pm

I was thinking more this thread from 2007 - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13879

So in 2008 we were using the correct ratio.
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :) https://kickoff2.net
r.cross

Postby r.cross » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:05 pm

Thanks for your effort in clearing up things. Just checked, I have V0.99 - will try to catch a newer one in Milan, I guess :wink:
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:17 am

Steve Camber wrote:I was thinking more this thread from 2007 - http://ko-gathering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13879

Yes, thanks for clarifying these changes, Steve. And what a gem of a thread you've unearthed - will link to it from our 'Everything You Need to Know' thread 8) via my red sig link for easier access.

gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:23 am

OK - how about a new category of goal stats... from UKC'12, a purple patch that surprised even me at the time.....

Fastest hat-trick

0'35" - Garry C (v Robert S)

Fastest Goal Sequence, an area that's ripe for new records/personal bests imo.