A new Kick Off 2 Remake

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderator: Moderators

Starbuzzz
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

A new Kick Off 2 Remake

Postby Starbuzzz » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:05 pm

Hi all ! I'm new here and hope that I don't post in the wrong section.
The last few months I've developped my own version of this good old Kick Off.
I hope te release my version in january. I'm on the final way.
The game can be played by 32 players in tournament, but only one player versus one player is available.
It contains more than 60 national teams, 40 french teams and the complete teams from the first league of England, Italy, Germany and Spain. Some other teams are available from different euopean countrys. I've added 20 fantasy teams and the complete major league soccer.
You've got 9 difficulty levels. Games can be played under rain or snown during day or night the power of the wind can ben controled.
You find all what it was in the original kick off,in particular the after touch. Replays can be saved and reviewed.
Of course, you can find too alla what you've got in a real game : yellow and red cards, free kicks, subsitutions, injuried players, etc...
You need joypads to play even if I've let a keyboard control, but it's very hard to play with keyboard...
Sorry for my english, I'm frenc.
I'll post a link to a video that'll show you a complete game between FC Metz and Montpellier in the french ligue 1. (I play with the FC Metz and the pc is the opposite team with a level 6 for Ai)
Hope you enjoy :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSId_Np7 ... e=youtu.be
Menace
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Re: A new Kick Off 2 Remake

Postby Menace » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:12 pm

looking good - Best of luck with it! =)
Dennis Hansen - http://protomenace.wordpress.com
Creative Director - http://www.bigbitegames.com

'When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea' Eric Cantona
Starbuzzz
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Starbuzzz » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:32 pm

Thanx !
More than one year to do it but I'll released it in january :)))
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:21 pm

Welcome to the forum. :) The great game might be 21 years young, and we're coming to the close of the KOA's 10th anniversary year, but the tribute game activity seems as great as ever. 8) Good luck with this one.
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:58 pm

Video looks nice!

It's great that KO2 remakes are still appearing after all this time :)
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
Starbuzzz
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Starbuzzz » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:46 pm

Hi !
After a very long long time, I'm "proud" to tell you that my game is ended ! :D
Here is a recent video of the gameplay :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FD4zur9__7w
And here is the download link :
http://tuxfile.com/cgjysoftdsce
A PDF documentation is the in the rar file to download. If you want to test it, download the file and extract it in a folder. Then run the Exe file in it. (The Rar file is about 110 Mo)
Thanx to those who will test it :)
PS : this game is only playable with joypads.

Starbuzzz
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:06 am

Congratulations on completing your project. I will give it a try as soon as possible.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:26 pm

I gave it a try for a while tonight. I do not have a joypad, but it seems to be working all right with a classic 8-way joystick. Would you say that an analog stick is absolutely required for some moves, or can it be played with a digital one too?

The screens before the actual match do not seem to appear correctly for me. They are somewhat scrambled, making it difficult to select the options:

Any idea what might be causing this?

In-game, I've only tried practice mode so far. I love that the ball doesn't stick on the feet, you're in the right forum with this kind of game. The different buttons should take quite a while to get used to, from what I read in the manual, which is a plus in my book. For the moment, I stuck to pass & shoot. It would be nice if the buttons could be reconfigured. The game looks polished and the ball flow is fluid.

My main objection is that every single diagonal shot I took from just inside the penalty box was a goal. I think that some randomization is required there.

Overall, my first impressions are very good! Will you keep updating it, or is this it?
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Starbuzzz
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Starbuzzz » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:38 pm

Hi and thanx a lot for your test and comments :)
The first thing I want to say is :what is this bug ?! lol I've played with my game on several pc and have never seen this :s Bu I think I know where it comes from. Could you tell me your desktop resolution ? You see, I think that my menu images are greater that your screen resolution, and it seems that with your graphic card, the part of the image that is hiden to the right of your screen appears on your left :s The only way to know if it's the explanation is to know your screen resolution. But I know how to fix this bug if I'm right on it.
For the sticks, you can use a non analogic stick. (But I've only analogic sticks at home so...)
For the configuration of the buttons, it won't be possible in this version. Not because it's impossible to program, but because I should change a very big number of lines in the code... Trust me, it's just a question of practice, because only two buttons are frequently used : the button 1 to shoot or tackle or made a head, and the button 2 to make a pass or to move automaticaly your player to the ball. The others buttons are not used very often.
For the goals from the inside box in diagonal, it's my fault.... In a previous version (two weeks ago), the goal was very stupid with some shoots... But I've fixed this and now he's much more accurate... But, and that's why it's my big fault, I think I've put in the rar file the old version of the code... So... sorry... Can you make a capture of a such goal to see if it's really a new bug or just my old version...
I'll try to fix the screen menu bug tomorrow and release the code with the good version for the goal.
For your last question, if there's no more major bugs, I'll say that this game is over. It won't be perfect but for all improvements, I think I'll program a Starbuzzz Soccer Club 2 later. It's not because I think " Oh my god, this is the best football game I've seen in my life and I won't change anything", it's just because I've spent 3 years to programm it and so it's time to let the bird takes its fly :)
Thanx again and be free to comment again :)
Starbuzzz
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Starbuzzz » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:10 pm

Change the code for the screen menu, hope it'll fix the bug :) I post the new rar file tomorrow ;)
Thanx again.