KO2CV - 1.05

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

KO2CV - 1.05

Postby Steve Camber » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:43 am

New features

- Duesseldorf pitch graphics, artwork by Gianni as always.
- GOAL KICK is displayed for half as long as before, giving both players a chance to check the clock before the kick.
- Option to prevent the goalie running behind the goal
- APT menu is now optional
- Smoother animation on the scanner when using an A1200
- KO2CV Options menu cursor loops from top to bottom
- Narrow angle goal renamed to MrDig JAWOLL goal
- International Friendlies can now have a team playing against itself. No away kit is available however!
- Voice of Dino taken from kick off extra time
- Icy pitch as standard. Take it easy out there people.
- International friendlies, cups and leagues can use all tactics now.

Download

http://go.to/ko2cv
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :) https://kickoff2.net
alkis21

Re: KO2CV - 1.05

Postby alkis21 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:31 am

Thank you Steve, and Gianni for the pitch. We used this version (minus the Duesseldorf graphics) in yesterday's Athens tournament and it worked with no problems whatsoever, the optional AT menu and the Goal Kick message time reduction were valuable additions.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:38 am

Brrrrrilliant work Steve! 8)

Understand the reaons but sorry to see the APT menu hidden away like this, when it can be used to enforce any tournament settings including the WC vote. APT is as slide neutral as it is PBD neutral after all.

That said a new CV is always welcome. Nice user-friendly touches with the CV cursor and the clock display during GKs, and looking forward to running out on that Dusseldorf pitch, Gianni. 8)

Pleased to see that International Friendlies now have access to all 8 tactics too. Next time, Costas, we can do it properly! :)

Keep up the good work fellas, there's a whole lotta love for KO2CV out there!
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:29 pm

Gianni, you really outdid yourself this time! The German pitch is a beauty, and so is the one for the Spiel der Schande.

Steve, I was wondering if you know something about the scanner... I've always thought that the Player Manager scanner behaved differently than the KO2 one, in a manner that I couldn't determine. Now that I see the change you made for A1200 machines, I think it looks identical. Does this mean that the scanner in Player Manager refreshes every frame instead of every six?
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:18 pm

alkis21 wrote:Gianni, you really outdid yourself this time! The German pitch is a beauty, and so is the one for the Spiel der Schande.

Agreed, I was impressed not only at the visuals but the highly complicated path Gianni has to navigate in order to make this possible.. Even I'm not sure how he does it! All I have to do is swap a few files around and my part is done.

alkis21 wrote:Steve, I was wondering if you know something about the scanner... I've always thought that the Player Manager scanner behaved differently than the KO2 one, in a manner that I couldn't determine. Now that I see the change you made for A1200 machines, I think it looks identical. Does this mean that the scanner in Player Manager refreshes every frame instead of every six?

Wow, I didnt know that. I guess this is "PM scanner mode". Although it's only putting a few pixels on screen, the code is very inefficient and could easily be accelerated. Using this slow code every frame is just too much for the A500 to handle along with a screen full of players and we get slowdown. Fewer scanner updates (1 in 6) is the solution. Maybe this is just the case with the KO2 engine, and not with the "simpler?" KO1 engine where it is not needed.
I've been aware of the slowness on A500 when the screen is full of sprites, such as when the players line up at the start, or in a packed penalty box. With the scanner only causing a frame drop every 6 frames, that's something like a 15% slowdown on the A1200 equivalent.
It could well be the case that if I rewrite the scanner rendering code in a much more efficient manner we could have A500s consistently running as fast as A1200s. Maybe switching the scanner off (with D) on an A500 and seeing no slowdown would show that this could be possible.
Nice!
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :) https://kickoff2.net
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:22 am

Thanks! much appreciated! German pitch is the only one in which I changed 2 colours of the native KO2 palette and it hasn't been easy at all. Luckily I did this job in 2007 for the German Champ's '07 and in that year I had lot of free time to dig in the IFF file try to understand how the first chunk works, making reverse engineering, changing a single bit of the string and watching what happened later.
I'm almost sure you know what I mean...
BJKICET-1903
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby BJKICET-1903 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:44 pm

Thanks steve..
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:47 pm