Name editor?

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Maragenie
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Name editor?

Postby Maragenie » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:33 am

I must of read about 10 pages of threads trying to find this but have yet to see something that's straight forward and easy to use. Is there a basic KO2 editor knocking about or is it rocket science to try and change things.

I thank you, great forum lads and sorry it took me this long to arrive. :D
alkis21

Re: Name editor?

Postby alkis21 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:18 am

Hello and welcome to the KOA. We hope to see you in a tournament soon.

Unfortunately, there is no name editor. Changing the names is certainly not rocket science as it can be done with a Hex Editor. The thing is, we never made one because the way the names are stored in the KO2 disk is very inconvenient and it would be impossible to create a proper league for two reasons: First, there is no way of changing the first names (initials). R. Cox will always be R. Something. Second, although all players are unique when it comes to stats (apart from Team A Division 1 & England which are identical), if you change England's A. Nicholls to A. Rooney, then Germany's S. Nicholls would change to S. Rooney.

If you want you can suggest a new feature in the Wish List and hope that our Kick Off engineer Steve Camber feels generous... :)
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:50 am

Sounds tricky but be cool if this was possible, maybe something like in KO2CV 0.80 where the team name can be changed 'in-game' ? It'd add an extra layer of fun to local tourneys if we could play with, say, our fave prem team line-ups.

Maragenie wrote:Myself and my mate just started playing Kick Off again for the first time in about 10 years easily.

Many of us have made the same rediscovery of the years so welcome back and do stick around. The great game may be 20 years old but there's plenty of life in the old dog yet! And when you're ready do check out my blue signature link if you really want to crank up the fun. 8)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:08 am

Alkis has it just about right.
In theory it is possible to change the initials, but only to a limit subset as defined by the random number generator.
Basically, if you just want to have a totally customised Team A, that's possible, but changing all countries will be a big headache due to the crossover Alkis mentioned. Not completely impossible though.. hmmm got me thinking now, damn!!
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :) https://kickoff2.net
Maragenie
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Maragenie » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:34 pm

Something simple where you can hit delete on the team sheet and edit the surnames would be ideal, I had hopes on it happening when I grabbed the latest version of the game you uploaded there in one of the areas but it was only to edit Player one and player two. (Great stuff with that btw)
rapTor_sonofsuns

Postby rapTor_sonofsuns » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:52 pm

it is perfectly possible, also easier than mentioned.
You make a mapping of names in KO2 with the names you would like in your teams.
You create Player Manager teams with those names. You can modify every attribute by hex.
Change the names in KO2. Load the team in a League or Cup to International Teams. Save it.

You'll have a save disk and with it you can load that league anytime to have the teams to your name modified version.

Done.
i learned playing kick off , before learning how to read and how to write.. birthdate : 19.07.1984
hogstrom
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby hogstrom » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:53 pm

26 years old, you must be one of the youngest here! One guess, was it an older brother getting you into this originaly?
By car, Kickoff2-record traveller! Ostersund/Dusseldorf +3,750 km during +55 hours
Wcups: 2005 (29:th), 2006 (15:th), 2007 (6:th), 2008 (6:th), --, 2010 (12:th), --, --, --, 2014 (5:th), 2015 (12:th)...
rapTor_sonofsuns

Postby rapTor_sonofsuns » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:45 am

yes :D by brother is 6 years older than me and my cousins also, we are a KO2er family :lolo:
i learned playing kick off , before learning how to read and how to write.. birthdate : 19.07.1984