KO2CV - 1.04

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Re: KO2CV - 1.04

Postby Bounty Bob » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:01 pm

Steve1977 wrote:well why the flying fudge would I play with no PBD when my opponent has activated this, giving him far more control in the process?
well I can't speak for you but I don't use PBD because I can't. I play like utter shit with it enabled, have less control and keep losing the ball in the box without any intervention from the opponents defenders. The choice is fantastic because people have been playing for 20 odd years with one or the other control method.

When hosting, why would I use rules that please the guy not attending when everyone actually there prefers them off? :?o:
you wouldn't. Why even ask that?

(Actually I'd attend if welcome
why wouldn't you be welcome?
Jam King

Postby Jam King » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:54 am

We played 2 KOBRAS last night one with Autos and one without and to be honest evin tho I won the one with autoslides in it was probably the saddest KO I have played in a long time. after playing for a couple of hours with that shit on and having given away an own goal and 2 penalties due to the auto slides and also having my last defender just decide to do a header and leave the striker clean thru with no input from myself I realised just how shit it is. I also benefited from Ste, Gaz and Volkar having the same issues but it all seemed too random. Not really enjoyable.

How can anybody tell me its good having your defender constantly having a completely useless mind of his own.
Simon K officially has the best defence in the world, not just the UK but the world !!! AGAIN!!!!!
hogstrom
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby hogstrom » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:14 am

Jam King wrote:We played 2 KOBRAS last night one with Autos and one without and to be honest evin tho I won the one with autoslides in it was probably the saddest KO I have played in a long time.

How can anybody tell me its good having your defender constantly having a completely useless mind of his own.

At this point i cant defend it, nor can i talk against it. Good arguments have been for keeping them and maybe even better arguments for the opposite, your´s is more than valid.

The other issue (i cant keep them appart when naming them) when a player try to trap but slide instead, i certainly would NOT like to see them removed in a big tornament like the yearly World cup. A few opponents is so careless when trying to trap the ball when im too close that i cant help having a smile on my face when thinking, dear why on earth did he try to trap the ball when im so close :?o:
By car, Kickoff2-record traveller! Ostersund/Dusseldorf +3,750 km during +55 hours
Wcups: 2005 (29:th), 2006 (15:th), 2007 (6:th), 2008 (6:th), --, 2010 (12:th), --, --, --, 2014 (5:th), 2015 (12:th)...
Jam King

Postby Jam King » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:20 am

That is a fair point Hogstrom, and to be honest the trap interference or what ever its called can be frustrating I will admit, It did bother me a bit last night but I think it was magnified because I was so annoyed at the constant auto heading and sliding from my defenders that when I did slide instead of trapping it just seemed more annoying than it actually was. I appreciate that a player of your quality has far better timing with the trapping than myself but I would just like the chance to be able to defend against that by actually having control of my defensive players. Think it would make for a better quality game.
Simon K officially has the best defence in the world, not just the UK but the world !!! AGAIN!!!!!
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:29 am

Jam King wrote:How can anybody tell me its good having your defender constantly having a completely useless mind of his own.
I don't think anyone is telling you it's good. What it is though is Kick Off 2. There's a load of stuff that's shit about kick off, so what's next for changing? It pisses me off when my opponent gets a 1v1 when he's miles offside. That's shit, can we fix it. It's not representative of football, so it must be a bug.
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:56 pm

hogstrom wrote:
First, you know i often agree with you, Steve. Sometimes i disagree, this is such case. PBD have been in the game (Oracle) since it was relesed. I would guess that about 50% of the KOA have used this (PBD) from the 90´s (I have not) you cant seriously suggest it is time to have a discussion about PBD or not PBD?

Just playing devils advocate John. PBD selection, Removal of Autoslides, fixing of autoslide bug and A=B have all been wonderful additions to the competition version and these enhancements have made the game much more enjoyable and all have made modifications to the game.

BountyBob wrote:I don't think anyone is telling you it's good. What it is though is Kick Off 2. There's a load of stuff that's shit about kick off, so what's next for changing? It pisses me off when my opponent gets a 1v1 when he's miles offside. That's shit, can we fix it. It's not representative of football, so it must be a bug.

So you can have the settings you want and we wan't chastise you for it but the moment we have the settings we want you come out with mean spirited cynism of how it isnt 'Kick Off 2'. For crying out loud Mark, why do you want people to stop having fun?
When I host a tournament I want AutoSlides out and when you host you want them in - won't see me going on about it like some whiny kid when i have no intention of attending.

Besides, despite what we think of them we do believe in keeping an open mind to KO2 which is why we played a tournament (x2 no less) with AutoSlides in. You say you won't attend tournaments because you wouldnt want any other attendee's to be unhappy with the settings...well we used em last night and you wasnt even there. So why did we use em? To see how it was and if anyone did want a tournament with AutoSlides in then we'd probably do something similiar. We wouldnt be there in the corner pointing a finger at the guy who wants this and that. We'r not clique like that.
World Cup 2009 - 8th Place
World Cup 2008 - 19th Place
Jam King

Postby Jam King » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:56 pm

I think Mark you just like arguing for the sake of it. Ok you want autoslides in and for your opponent to suffer from the eratic random movements of the players and hey you may even get an undeserved penalty or two from from such actions, that sounds fun.... not. I prefer the game without them and I have stated that yet you keep coming back with childish remarks like offsides. To be honest my post was directed as a reply to Holstrom, whom seems to actually accept others peoples points instead of trying to pick pathetic little holes in.
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:18 am

Jam King and Steve, I think you're getting a bit hot-headed and out of line here. If you backtrack this thread a little bit, you'll see that Mark's not doing anything but arguing his view. You two, on the other hand, are closing in on attack-mode. It would be nice if you'd just loosen up a bit.

Mark's several times stated his view on the various "bug-fixes" being made, and I think he's argues his view in a good and decent manner. Consider trying the same, and the forums will stay nice and tidy. :)
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:27 am

Steve1977 wrote: So you can have the settings you want and we wan't chastise you for it but the moment we have the settings we want you come out with mean spirited cynism of how it isnt 'Kick Off 2'. For crying out loud Mark, why do you want people to stop having fun?
steve, please try reading what I write and not inventing stuff that I don't write. I'm not being mean spirited it's purely my opinion that autoslides off is not kick off 2 anymore. A pure an simple opinion, nothing more, nothing less. And where have I ever said I don't want people to have fun?
When I host a tournament I want AutoSlides out and when you host you want them in - won't see me going on about it like some whiny kid when i have no intention of attending.
I don't remember ever whining about anything.

I don't understand why you're trying to have these old discussions again, it's not constructive. All I did was give my comment on the topic of the thread and you've gone off on one. The new option of being able to have one player with slides anemone without is a pointless one. It solves nothing, all that would happen is that the game would be uneven with one player disadvantaged by the nuances of KO2 while the other player was playing the new easier version.

Fair play to mr cambe for implementing it, I just don't see the point.
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:41 am

Jam King wrote:I think Mark you just like arguing for the sake of it. Ok you want autoslides in and for your opponent to suffer from the eratic random movements of the players and hey you may even get an undeserved penalty or two from from such actions, that sounds fun.... not. I prefer the game without them and I have stated that yet you keep coming back with childish remarks like offsides. To be honest my post was directed as a reply to Holstrom, whom seems to actually accept others peoples points instead of trying to pick pathetic little holes in.
The offside remark isn't childish. It's the exact sane argument. Are you saying that we should only change the things that piss you off and make the gane better for you?

The funny thing is, I'm not even trying to argue anything or convince anyone that things should be different, I'm only giving my point of view. As a result I've been labelled childish, pathetic and whiney, all personal digs when not once have I even come close to personal digs. I don't know why my point of view seems to anger or upset you and steve, it's bizarre. It's not like I'm saying people should only be allowed to have tournaments with slides in. All I've ever said is that I don't enjoy it so much without them and don't want to play any more of them. Don't forget that i've played a few non-slide tournaments, so it's not like I didn't give it a chance. Please respect that I don't like it as i respect that you and others do. This isn't a whine or a moan it is just how it is.

Can we please now stop rehashing these old discussions and keep it on topic?
Jam King

Postby Jam King » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:41 am

Yes fine Mark no problems at all. I apologse for any upset. Lets just get it back on track now then and agree to disagree.

Freshmaker before you tell me and steve to be nice and friendly on this forum, may i direct you to Wonkas Millwall west ham thread where you constantly seem to want to wind him up even tho he even apologised in one of his first posts about his actions in the past.
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:57 am

Jam King wrote:Freshmaker before you tell me and steve to be nice and friendly on this forum, may i direct you to Wonkas Millwall west ham thread where you constantly seem to want to wind him up even tho he even apologised in one of his first posts about his actions in the past.

Bad example mate... you should know that for every post W0nka writes where he "apologizes about his actions in the past" he writes 20 where he blames the KOA for being afraid of him, for not understanding his delicate sense of humor and for not supporting him in his beliefs that all Muslims should die a horrible death. So really not the same thing. Trust me, he hasn't regretted a thing he has done in the past. :P
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Jam King

Postby Jam King » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:00 pm

I think you missed the point a little, Im not intereted in Wonka and what has happened in the past mate. I just wanted to make the point of Freshmaker telling me to be nice and friendly when he likes to wind people up on the forum as well. just because its against Wonka doesnt make it right that he can wind him up especially if he makes such a issue of other people getting uptight. Ok so maybe a bad example with Wonka as you say but to be honest I have only just started posting and Wonka has not done anything to offend me so cant really judge. Im not out for a row but it just seemed a little rich from him thats all.